It is currently December 14th, 2017, 4:51 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Unread postPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 2:17 pm 

Demonstrating once again their vile hypocrisy and rejection of freedom of speech, the student left would rather riot than listen.

https://www.rt.com/usa/376001-milo-yian ... t-protest/

phpBB [video]

Get used to the new norm, as the divide between the left and the rest of the world becomes a chasm.

Its only just beginning.

Unread postPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 2:21 pm 

Protesting is exercising freedom of speech. Violent rioting is not.

Unread postPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 2:35 pm 

Preventing another from speaking is NOT freedom of speech. It is repression and censorship.

Unread postPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 2:46 pm 

While that is an obvious duh, preventing others from speaking applies to "protest" that stops others from speaking, whether resorting to violent or not

seems some don't like the concept of free speech they don't agree with and will try to prevent it by any means using a series of convoluted excuses ... especially when it doesn't work for them
Clearly they do want to stop speech they don't like / don't agree with

I can't imagine why that hypocrisy is . :001_rolleyes:

Unread postPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 3:11 pm 

But the kicker is this is just the beginning.

Western society is in imminent danger of collapse through political divisiveness.

Unread postPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 3:59 pm 

Millennials are pussies. Even the old leftists like rohomo were not as paranoid of free speech.

Unread postPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 9:33 pm 

one of the worst parts to me was there was only one arrest.

Trump and the pols should lean on the police to arrest as many violent protestors as possible and charge them with felony rioting. This not arresting, or arrest and release without charges needs to stop.

Also trump talked about taking federal funding away from state schools that don't encourage free speech. A good idea.

I'm sick of the left running higher education as their personal indoctrination centers.

Unread postPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 9:35 pm 

Again, free speech includes protesting unpopular speech. That's the whole beauty of freedom of speech - it's a two way street which you righties seem to hate.

That said, I don't agree with schools pandering to protests and cancelling events.

Unread postPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 9:40 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
But the kicker is this is just the beginning.

Western society is in imminent danger of collapse through political divisiveness.

Killing free political speech with violence helped destroy democracy in germany. Where the right used these tactics with the brownshirts.

But it is the left in America that is employing them now.

Unread postPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 9:44 am 

My kid's friend sees nothing wrong with the Berkely students using violence and intimidation to block free speech.
Even when reminded what a brown shirt tactic it is, the little millennial creep doesn't care, it's justified. Thank God, my son is growing out of that warped thinking.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 8:21 am 

Herman wrote:
My kid's friend sees nothing wrong with the Berkely students using violence and intimidation to block free speech.
Even when reminded what a brown shirt tactic it is, the little millennial creep doesn't care, it's justified. Thank God, my son is growing out of that warped thinking.

Well to people like your sons friend only the right can ever be the bad guys. the left could go around massmurdering people (which has happened multiple times in history) and he'd probably still say only the right can be the bad guys.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 8:24 am 

Student wearing Trump hat beaten at UC Berkeley after protest
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation ... story.html

Quote:
BERKELEY, Calif. — A 21-year-old student who supports President Donald Trump was beaten up on the University of California, Berkeley campus a day after violent protests led authorities to cancel a controversial speech.

Jack Palkovic says he was wearing a ‘‘Make America Great Again’’ cap and on his way to class Thursday when a white SUV slammed to a stop and two young men ran toward him.

One of the men screamed an epithet, grabbed Palkovic’s hat, and pummeled him before the two got back in the vehicle and tried to drive away. An Associated Press reporter witnessed the attack.

Police arrived, blocked their escape and arrested both men.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 8:32 am 

RW wrote:
Again, free speech includes protesting unpopular speech. That's the whole beauty of freedom of speech - it's a two way street which you righties seem to hate.

That said, I don't agree with schools pandering to protests and cancelling events.

The politically correct left also hate speech by the right so it seems you fall in the same category.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 9:12 am 

Azhya Aryola wrote:
RW wrote:

The politically correct left also hate speech by the right so it seems you fall in the same category.

I'm not the left. I don't agree with politically correctness and have opposed "PC bullshit" for years on these boards. That said, disagreeing with things people say is not censorship and incitement, harassment, defamation is not protected speech, nor should it be.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 9:15 am 

Yeah Right wrote:
Herman wrote:

Well to people like your sons friend only the right can ever be the bad guys. the left could go around massmurdering people (which has happened multiple times in history) and he'd probably still say only the right can be the bad guys.

Like in the Bowling Green massacre? ac_toofunny

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 9:23 am 

RW wrote:
Azhya Aryola wrote:
RW wrote:

I'm not the left. I don't agree with politically correctness and have opposed "PC bullshit" for years on these boards. That said, disagreeing with things people say is not censorship and incitement, harassment, defamation is not protected speech, nor should it be.

That is why Berkelely should be defunded. They invite someone from Black Lives Matter, a left wing hate group, and the faculty don't utter a peep.

While Milo Yainnopoulis comes to speak and 100 faculty members that had no problem with someone from black lives matter speaking, complain.

Its a hypocritical double standard and they should pay for it by losing their funding.

Public Universities should be places of learning, not leftist indoctrination camps. If they want to make it a left wing speech only zone, then they can stop taking taxpayer money.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 9:33 am 

Trump can't defund Berkeley. He was once again talking out of his orange ass. Look into it if you don't believe me.

A reasoning was provided for why faculty felt Milo shouldn't speak. Harassment, incitement, defamation - all not protected speech. What do you have to say about the opposition of speech that isn't protected by the first amendment?

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 9:33 am 

RW wrote:
Yeah Right wrote:
Herman wrote:

No, try

65 million in the People's Republic of China
20 million in the Soviet Union
2 million in Cambodia
2 million in North Korea
1.7 million in Ethiopia
1.5 million in Afghanistan
1 million in the Eastern Bloc
1 million in Vietnam
150,000 in Latin America
10,000 deaths "resulting from actions of the international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power.

But yeah, that wasn't the left, Gotta be Trump's fault. :001_rolleyes:

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 9:40 am 

Yeah Right wrote:
RW wrote:
Yeah Right wrote:
Herman wrote:

No, try

65 million in the People's Republic of China
20 million in the Soviet Union
2 million in Cambodia
2 million in North Korea
1.7 million in Ethiopia
1.5 million in Afghanistan
1 million in the Eastern Bloc
1 million in Vietnam
150,000 in Latin America
10,000 deaths "resulting from actions of the international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power.

But yeah, that wasn't the left, Gotta be Trump's fault. :001_rolleyes:

Do you think the left in western democracies are in any way associated with communist constructs in other countries? I think the context is getting a bit out of whack here.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 9:45 am 

RW wrote:
A reasoning was provided for why faculty felt Milo shouldn't speak. Harassment, incitement, defamation - all not protected speech. What do you have to say about the opposition of speech that isn't protected by the first amendment?

When was he convcited of doing those things? never.

BTW black lives matter ruotinely riots and kills cops yet they invited on of its founders without objection.

Hypocrisy again? you bet

Defund Berkeley.