It is currently December 5th, 2019, 7:27 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
Unread postPosted: October 14th, 2019, 9:40 am 

seoulbro wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Odinson wrote:
This thing aint even in our news...

Its just more of the same democrat bullshit.

They have nothing... But they are attacking the presidents character... Which is the oldest political trick in the book.

You are right about that.

They are not serious about impeaching Trump. If they were they would hold a vote on it.

Quoting Trump, it is a bullshit impeachment.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: October 14th, 2019, 9:51 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Odinson wrote:
This thing aint even in our news...

Its just more of the same democrat bullshit.

They have nothing... But they are attacking the presidents character... Which is the oldest political trick in the book.

You are right about that.

They are not serious about impeaching Trump. If they were they would hold a vote on it.

Quoting Trump, it is a bullshit impeachment.

It sure as hell is.

Unread postPosted: October 14th, 2019, 9:55 am 

At the same time though, it would be righteous if they were to officially bring it to the floor. Then the Republicans would have rights and be able to subpoena witnesses, the Dems damn sure can't afford to do that.

Unread postPosted: October 14th, 2019, 12:03 pm 

kiebers wrote:
At the same time though, it would be righteous if they were to officially bring it to the floor. Then the Republicans would have rights and be able to subpoena witnesses, the Dems damn sure can't afford to do that.

That's exactly what the Dems want to avoid.

Unread postPosted: October 15th, 2019, 1:01 pm 

Trump asking the ukrainian president to investigate something IS NOT as juicy as vice-presidents son getting some kind of a gift from the ukrainians..

Given the situation in Ukraine in 2014, the US vice-presidents son receiving that kind of a "employment" is extremely shady.

Unread postPosted: October 15th, 2019, 3:07 pm 

Odinson wrote:
Trump asking the ukrainian president to investigate something IS NOT as juicy as vice-presidents son getting some kind of a gift from the ukrainians..

Given the situation in Ukraine in 2014, the US vice-presidents son receiving that kind of a "employment" is extremely shady.

The Dems are blowing that one out of proportion while at the same time pretending that Sleepy Joe and Hunter don't have any stain on them.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: October 23rd, 2019, 1:25 pm 

Republicans interrupting the closed door Democrat impeachment inquisition. Zero transparency and no due process is not acceptable. As some of the members are saying, if they can do things this way to the president, they can do it to you.

prior to entering

Unread postPosted: October 23rd, 2019, 3:19 pm 

Cronus wrote:
Republicans interrupting the closed door Democrat impeachment inquisition. Zero transparency and no due process is not acceptable. As some of the members are saying, if they can do things this way to the president, they can do it to you.

prior to entering

Damned democrats.

Unread postPosted: October 27th, 2019, 11:15 am 

By Hugh Hewitt

If Republicans don’t stand by Trump, they risk losing their base forever

The Republican Party risks exile for longer than it has endured in the modern era if, in the absence of incontrovertible evidence of actual “high crimes and misdemeanors,” it deserts President Donald Trump during the campaign to remove him from office. Democrats are pursuing impeachment because they obviously fear that they cannot defeat him at the ballot box in 2020.

The advantage of talking with radio listeners — and not merely lecturing readers or tweeting at followers or opponents — is that you hear from people who aren’t among the Manhattan-d.c. media elites who overwhelmingly hate Trump. Cautioning that crowd against confirmation bias is as useless as it was to warn the Obama administration that the nascent Islamic State was not the terrorist junior varsity. Awkward truths don’t do well on the left. But here are some awkward truths:

First, no quid pro quo, much less an illegitimate one, has been proved about Trump’s dealings with Ukraine.

Second, quid pro quos have always been a feature of U.S. foreign policy — from the long-ago Louisiana Purchase to more recently President Barack Obama’s sending the Iranian regime $1.7 billion in cash, which was central to the controversial U.s.-iran nuclear “deal.” Quid pro quos are sometimes excellent and obvious, sometimes controversial, sometimes illegal.

Third, if a quid pro quo involving Trump is established, and the agreement it refers to was the leveraging of military or civilian aid to Ukraine for assistance in the investigation of the attack on the 2016 presidential election, that would not be illegitimate. It would be of a piece with special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, which involved at least a dozen requests for assistance from foreign governments by Mueller and his staff. If the aim of a negotiation was to lever information on the operations run against the United States in 2016, it’s a legitimate ask.

Fourth, the impeachment inquiry cannot be allowed to block or overshadow the deep dive by Attorney General William Barr and U.S. Attorney John Durham into a suspected handful of anti-trump zealots at senior levels in the FBI, the intelligence community or within the White House. If Congress’ attack on Trump is permitted to subvert the Justice Department investigation before its findings are publicly aired, the Republican establishment in Washington will simply be torched by the GOP grass roots.

Finally, if the impeachment process moves toward a Senate trial, House Republicans had better offer loud and sustained denunciations of the outrageous Star Chamber tactics of Rep. Adam Schiff, D-calif., during the inquiry, or they will almost certainly face primary challenges. Likewise, Senate Republicans will need to stand up against the left’s campaign of insinuations and trafficking in unnamed sources, or they may well get the boot.

Members of the public know that the impeachment effort so far has been pure political theater. They know that Schiff couldn’t care less about the precedents of the impeachment process. They know that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s accusation about Trump — “All roads lead to Putin” — is rank Mccarthyism.

They know that the media is stacking the deck with Trump haters at every opportunity, with some urging the blacklisting of anyone not calling for Trump’s head. They know these things, and they won’t forgive surrendering to these left-wing elites because it is uncomfortable to confront them at Nats games.

If Trump committed an impeachable offense — if convincing evidence emerges from a fair House process that is subject to close examination by the Senate — serious Republicans will say so. But the #Nevertrump chorus of maybe two dozen Republican TV talking heads doesn’t count as “serious Republicans.” They don’t count because they have never mounted anything like a good-faith attempt to understand the motives of the 90 percent or so of the GOP that is rock solid in supporting Trump.

Right now there is a sustained, frontal attack on Trump that is premised on the transcript of a phone call with the Ukrainian president that has not impressed the public as evidence of an offense, much less an impeachable one. There is an ocean of innuendo about Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, whose conduct on TV is often intemperate, but there are no credible allegations of wrongdoing against the man who made private inquiries in Ukraine on the president’s behalf. That’s not enough for the Mueller-disappointed. They need to leap immediately to the conclusion that the former New York mayor is criminally culpable and that the president is complicit.

That won’t fly with half of the country. And that half is watching very closely.

Unread postPosted: November 1st, 2019, 10:15 am 

I read that the White House is prepared for the House of Representatives to impeach the president.

Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 3:18 pm 

Do it Donnie.

Trump threatens to declassify ‘devastating’ docs about Democrats
https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/trump-thr ... lmiV9fFrBY
In a wide-ranging, exclusive interview with The Post, President Trump said Wednesday that if House Democrats launched probes into his administration — which he called “presidential harassment” — they’d pay a heavy price.

“If they go down the presidential harassment track, if they want go and harass the president and the administration, I think that would be the best thing that would happen to me. I’m a counter-puncher and I will hit them so hard they’d never been hit like that,” he said during a 36-minute Oval Office sitdown.

The commander-in-chief said he could declassify FISA warrant applications and other documents from Robert Mueller’s probe — and predicted the disclosure would expose the FBI, the Justice Department and the Clinton campaign as being in cahoots to set him up.

Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 7:33 pm 

Herman wrote:
Do it Donnie.

Trump threatens to declassify ‘devastating’ docs about Democrats
https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/trump-thr ... lmiV9fFrBY
In a wide-ranging, exclusive interview with The Post, President Trump said Wednesday that if House Democrats launched probes into his administration — which he called “presidential harassment” — they’d pay a heavy price.

“If they go down the presidential harassment track, if they want go and harass the president and the administration, I think that would be the best thing that would happen to me. I’m a counter-puncher and I will hit them so hard they’d never been hit like that,” he said during a 36-minute Oval Office sitdown.

The commander-in-chief said he could declassify FISA warrant applications and other documents from Robert Mueller’s probe — and predicted the disclosure would expose the FBI, the Justice Department and the Clinton campaign as being in cahoots to set him up.

:thumbup:

Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 7:38 pm 

Fight back hard Mr President.

Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 7:39 pm 

We are one year away today from the 2020 elections in the USA.

Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 7:40 pm 

iron horse jockey wrote:
Fight back hard Mr President.

Damn right. They criticize him for punching back but what did they expect him to do? Just sit there and take it? When they even attack his family as well? Fight, fight, fight, DJT!

Unread postPosted: November 4th, 2019, 12:16 pm 

I agree, hit back twice as hard Don!

Unread postPosted: November 4th, 2019, 3:26 pm 

The way the DemocRATs want to operate this impeachment scam denies the president due process and uses blackmail.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/04/mart ... aign=10797

House Democrat leaders released a second document, with ground rules to govern the conduct of the House Judiciary Committee’s proceedings when it gets its hands on whatever comes out of the Intelligence Committee’s “investigation.”

Unlike the language of H. Res. 660, the Judiciary Committee ground rules were not the subject of a vote by the full House. They were not even the subject of a vote by the full Judiciary Committee. They were simply dropped into the public realm Tuesday night, hours after the media had been distracted by the text of H. Res. 660.

So few reporters paid heed to the unveiling of the Judiciary Committee paperwork that since its release, the number of major media outlets reporting on it can be counted on one hand.

Even a quick glance at the three-page document reveals why the House Democratic leadership wanted to slip these ground rules into place without anyone noticing.

There, on page three, tucked into the third-to-last paragraph, is this: “Should the President unlawfully refuse to make witnesses available for testimony to, or to produce documents requested by, the investigative committees listed in the first section of H. Res. 660 in furtherance of the investigations described in the first section of H. Res. 660, the chair shall have the discretion to impose appropriate remedies, including by denying specific requests by the President or his counsel under these procedures to call or question witnesses.”

In other words, if President Trump declines to hand over documents sought by any of the six House committees now engaged in the impeachment inquiry — say, for example, the personal tax returns sought by the Ways and Means Committee, or the Deutsche Bank financial papers sought by the Financial Services Committee — then House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler can use his “discretion” to deny Trump and his counsel access to the impeachment proceedings.

So much for President Trump’s right to due process. Under these ground rules, if he fails to turn over his personal tax returns or the paperwork on his company’s financial dealings with a particular bank, Nadler can refuse even to let Trump’s counsel hear the witness testimony, let alone cross-examine witnesses.

Unread postPosted: November 5th, 2019, 5:56 pm 

If they reveal Trumps taxes... I dont think there is anything illegal going on..

Just your regular tax-planning..

Its common practice.

Unread postPosted: November 5th, 2019, 6:02 pm 

Odinson wrote:
If they reveal Trumps taxes... I dont think there is anything illegal going on..

Its common practice.

I heard rumours it will show Trump is not as rich as he liked to pretend.

Unread postPosted: November 5th, 2019, 6:10 pm 

Herman wrote:
Odinson wrote:

Its common practice.

I heard rumours it will show Trump is not as rich as he liked to pretend.

What if the bulk of his money is in a different country... Where taxes are lower...

I dont know the details but there are several millionaires here who are officially as poor as a church rat..

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next