It is currently December 5th, 2019, 6:57 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Re: Misc. Politics
Unread postPosted: July 4th, 2019, 4:38 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Which, of course, is reverse sexism.

Funny how that works, isn't it.

It is progtardation. Rich progs are all spoiled brat sore losers.

Unread postPosted: July 19th, 2019, 9:38 am 

Interesting to say the least.
Gotta love the big tech billionaires....

Unread postPosted: July 19th, 2019, 9:41 am 

kiebers wrote:
Interesting to say the least.
Gotta love the big tech billionaires....

Thank you kiebers, I'll watch it tonight.

Unread postPosted: August 13th, 2019, 10:34 am 

A shocker in Argentina as conservative reformer Mauricio Macri lost in the primary. Argentinians will return to the failed Peronist policies that has left the country going from one economic crisis to another. The $57 billion dollar bailout that country received came with some tough medicine that has lead to higher utility costs as subsidies are cut and an inflation rate of fifty percent.

The vote triggered a market sell-off; the Argentine peso fell by 20% when markets opened on August 12th. Investors see Mr Macri as the best chance of reform and they are terrified by a return to the populism of Ms Fernández, whose presidency between 2007 and 2015 left Argentina in penury.

A stunning reversal for Argentina’s President Mauricio Macri
https://www.economist.com/the-americas/ ... A/292546/n

Unread postPosted: August 13th, 2019, 3:37 pm 

seoulbro wrote:
A shocker in Argentina as conservative reformer Mauricio Macri lost in the primary. Argentinians will return to the failed Peronist policies that has left the country going from one economic crisis to another. The $57 billion dollar bailout that country received came with some tough medicine that has lead to higher utility costs as subsidies are cut and an inflation rate of fifty percent.

The vote triggered a market sell-off; the Argentine peso fell by 20% when markets opened on August 12th. Investors see Mr Macri as the best chance of reform and they are terrified by a return to the populism of Ms Fernández, whose presidency between 2007 and 2015 left Argentina in penury.

A stunning reversal for Argentina’s President Mauricio Macri
https://www.economist.com/the-americas/ ... A/292546/n

I have worked in Argentina. My sister in law is Italian Argentinian. Peronism is a cancer on Argie politics.

Unread postPosted: August 28th, 2019, 8:49 am 

Unread postPosted: September 4th, 2019, 9:32 am 

I took time off from following politics. I seem happier this way.

At ease, Privates!

:laugh3:

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: September 7th, 2019, 6:37 pm 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
I took time off from following politics. I seem happier this way.

At ease, Privates!

:laugh3:

I can understand that Azhya..

Shen Li seems to have lost interest in politics too....probably frustration.

Unread postPosted: September 10th, 2019, 5:43 am 

The email saga seems to have a life of it's own. See link for continuation of article.
Quote:
JUDICIAL WATCH: FEDERAL JUDGE CRITICIZES STATE AND JUSTICE DEPARTMENTS ON CLINTON EMAIL COVER-UP

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch released the transcript today from their hearing on Thursday, August 22, 2019, where U.S. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth granted significant new discovery to Judicial Watch on the Clinton email issue (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:14-cv-01242)).

During the hearing, Judge Lamberth specifically raised concerns about a Clinton email cache recently discussed in a letter to Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA) and wants Judicial Watch to “shake this tree” on this issue.

Just last week, the Senate’s – Senate Finance and Homeland Security Committees released documents revealing that Clinton IT aide Paul Combetta copied all but four of the missing emails to a Gmail account that does not appear to have ever been reconstructed and searched. The court thinks Judicial Watch ought to shake this tree.

Judge Lamberth also criticized the State Department’s handling and production of Clinton’s emails in this case stating, “There is no FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] exemption for political expedience, nor is there one for bureaucratic incompetence.”

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-rel ... GUQzPeWHGA

Unread postPosted: September 10th, 2019, 9:06 am 

kiebers wrote:
The email saga seems to have a life of it's own. See link for continuation of article.
Quote:
JUDICIAL WATCH: FEDERAL JUDGE CRITICIZES STATE AND JUSTICE DEPARTMENTS ON CLINTON EMAIL COVER-UP

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch released the transcript today from their hearing on Thursday, August 22, 2019, where U.S. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth granted significant new discovery to Judicial Watch on the Clinton email issue (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:14-cv-01242)).

During the hearing, Judge Lamberth specifically raised concerns about a Clinton email cache recently discussed in a letter to Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA) and wants Judicial Watch to “shake this tree” on this issue.

Just last week, the Senate’s – Senate Finance and Homeland Security Committees released documents revealing that Clinton IT aide Paul Combetta copied all but four of the missing emails to a Gmail account that does not appear to have ever been reconstructed and searched. The court thinks Judicial Watch ought to shake this tree.

Judge Lamberth also criticized the State Department’s handling and production of Clinton’s emails in this case stating, “There is no FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] exemption for political expedience, nor is there one for bureaucratic incompetence.”

I thought that was forgotten, just like so many other dubious things the Clintons were part of.

Unread postPosted: September 10th, 2019, 9:35 am 

Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Quote:

I thought that was forgotten, just like so many other dubious things the Clintons were part of.

The teflon Clintons.

Unread postPosted: September 12th, 2019, 8:05 pm 

Unread postPosted: October 4th, 2019, 2:57 pm 

No excuse for the butt hurt politicians that cancel a charity event because the opposing party was invited.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-sgt-ro ... 5814359521

Unread postPosted: October 4th, 2019, 3:45 pm 

Such is the divisive impact of modern party based politics.

Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 2:38 pm 

Nigel Farage Goes Head To Head With Extinction Rebellion
https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ ... dyYjlyQsLU

Unread postPosted: November 17th, 2019, 2:25 pm 

Unread postPosted: November 17th, 2019, 3:04 pm 

Unread postPosted: November 17th, 2019, 7:21 pm 

Can you believe this? From the New York Times no less!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/opin ... 4RrdFqutw4
Canadian Politics Aren’t Cute. They’re Corrupt.
The scandal surrounding Prime Minister Justin Trudeau shows just how cozy the country’s elite really is.

Unread postPosted: November 22nd, 2019, 5:26 pm 

Herman wrote:
Can you believe this? From the New York Times no less!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/opin ... 4RrdFqutw4
Canadian Politics Aren’t Cute. They’re Corrupt.
The scandal surrounding Prime Minister Justin Trudeau shows just how cozy the country’s elite really is.

They're right.

Unread postPosted: November 22nd, 2019, 7:12 pm