It is currently December 13th, 2019, 8:58 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Re: Robert "Bob" Mueller
Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 12:40 pm 

The Nation says, and I agree, that Mueller simply told Congress to do its damn job.

https://www.thenation.com/article/robert-mueller-congress-impeachment/

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 1:06 pm 

Peaches wrote:
The Nation says, and I agree, that Mueller simply told Congress to do its damn job.
The Nation? LOL what nation is that? the former soviet Union? Where you show them the man and they find the crime?

Yeah its job is to throw American Justice principles like innocent until proven guilty out the window because their insane-with-hate base wants to overthrow the results of an election.

Herman wrote:
What the fuck is this shit. First, a never ending witch hunt. Now, throwing out the most basic right of innocence if unable to convict of a crime. I hope the public punishes the corrupt Democratic party in 2020 for this.

I agree, I hope the dems do try to impeach Trump, and the American public throw their sorry corrupt, tyrannical asses out in the next election.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 1:12 pm 

Wazzzup wrote:
Peaches wrote:
The Nation? LOL what nation is that? the former soviet Union? Where you show them the man and they find the crime?

Yeah its job is to throw American Justice principles like innocent until proven guilty out the window because their insane-with-hate base wants to overthrow the results of an election.

The last thing the House democRATS are doing are their jobs. Unless of course, throwing out basic justice principles is part of their corrupt party's job description.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 1:29 pm 

LOL keep squirming, TROGs.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 3:34 pm 

So, by implication, you're in support of a coup to remove a duly and lawfully elected President?

The conduct and actions of the left in America is nothing short of abhorrent. The precedent it has set is going to scorch your nation for many years.

The electorate made their choice. It is a cornerstone of democratic government that the will of the people is the supreme authority. America's left will pay a dear cost for failing to respect that authority.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 3:52 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
So, by implication, you're in support of a coup to remove a duly and lawfully elected President?

The conduct and actions of the left in America is nothing short of abhorrent. The precedent it has set is going to scorch your nation for many years.

The electorate made their choice. It is a cornerstone of democratic government that the will of the people is the supreme authority. America's left will pay a dear cost for failing to respect that authority.
Well Done BT :thumbup:

There is nothing peaches and his fellow leftist nuts and the democrat party wouldn't destroy to satisfy their hate for Trump.

They would destroy free speech, they would destroy our democracy, they would destroy hundreds of years of western judicial principles, all just to satisfy their irrational hate. It's beyond Disgusting.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 5:21 pm 

Fanning the flames...

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 5:22 pm 

The disobedience of the plebiscite is treason.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 5:32 pm 

Bricktop wrote:

Not if they feel they are entitled. :mad:

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 8:40 pm 

Bricktop wrote:

In the US, we don't elect presidents via plebiscite. If we did use such a method, Trump would not have been elected.

Try again. Right now you're making it sound as though there was something treasonous about the 2016 election, even though there was not.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 9:35 pm 

That is disingenuous. Of course you elect a President via plebiscite. It's just that your electoral zones are distributed to prevent larger states dominating the political process, in exactly the same way ours is. You must win the most seats, not the most votes, to be elected. It is a fairer system than the alternative. We've had many Prime Ministers who scored fewer votes, but a majority of seats.

I do not claim that there was any treason during the election. There is copious evidence, however, that those of the left through their agents in the FBI and elsewhere attempted a coup after the election, and are still doing so.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 10:03 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
That is disingenuous. Of course you elect a President via plebiscite. It's just that your electoral zones are distributed to prevent larger states dominating the political process, in exactly the same way ours is. You must win the most seats, not the most votes, to be elected. It is a fairer system than the alternative. We've had many Prime Ministers who scored fewer votes, but a majority of seats.

I do not claim that there was any treason during the election. There is copious evidence, however, that those of the left through their agents in the FBI and elsewhere attempted a coup after the election, and are still doing so.

That's the first past the post system. Justine won 39.5 per cent of the popular vote and has a huge majority without the need to form a coalition.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 10:27 pm 

First past the post means you have to get 50.1% and you win.

Which means if an electorate of 500,000 people gets more say than an electorate of 10,000.

In a country like ours, that would not be fair.

It means that cities control the political process.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 10:38 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
First past the post means you have to get 50.1% and you win.

Which means if an electorate of 500,000 people gets more say than an electorate of 10,000.

In a country like ours, that would not be fair.

It means that cities control the political process.

In our system, it means the candidate that gets the most votes in each riding wins. Trudeau won 184 out of 338 ridings in 2015 for a majority. He won 39.5 per cent of the popular vote nationally. Harper won a majority with 39.6 per cent nationally in 2011.

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 6:39 am 

Bricktop wrote:

I regret that I must once again explain the English language to you.

Merriam-Webster:
Quote:
Definition of plebiscite
: a vote by which the people of an entire country or district express an opinion for or against a proposal especially on a choice of government or ruler

Oxford:
Quote:
plebiscite
NOUN
1 The direct vote of all the members of an electorate on an important public question such as a change in the constitution.

We could doubtless have a longish conversation about a darker (but strictly connotative) usage you seem to have adopted in this thread; but on a forum such as this one we would rapidly get the discussion into such thinning air that Fash would need to issue oxygen masks to everyone. So I'll simply observe that comparisons of the two-tiered US electoral college system to the original Roman advisory uses of plebiscites is highly flawed, both de jure and de facto.

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 8:36 am 

its really unfortunate that peaches, who is an American citizen, understands less about the purpose of the electoral college than an Australian. :negative:

And understands less about the most fundamental tenets of American justice--like burden of proof, innocent until proven guilty, and probable cause, than several Canadians here. :negative:

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 9:20 am 

Wazzzup wrote:
its really unfortunate that peaches, who is an American citizen, understands less about the purpose of the electoral college than an Australian. :negative:

And understands less about the most fundamental tenets of American justice--like burden of proof, innocent until proven guilty, and probable cause, than several Canadians here. :negative:

Typical American prog.

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 9:39 am 

Wazzzup wrote:
peaches,

What IS unfortunate is that there are forums claiming to offer subs for intelligent debate, yet allow members to double down on a failed troll but not get their posts flagged as spam and either flushed or moved to the dump.

iron horse jockey wrote:
prog.

More spam?

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 10:42 am 

Peaches wrote:
What IS unfortunate is that there are forums claiming to offer subs for intelligent debate, yet allow members to double down on a failed troll but not get their posts flagged as spam and either flushed or moved to the dump.

So basically you'd like posts you disagree with to be censored, like progtards do on facebook and other progtard run totalitarian anti free speech sites. Not surprising.

Is there anything just and decent leftists still respect? you don't respect free speech, you don't respect MLK Jr.s color blind dream, you don't respect burden of proof, probable cause and innocent until proven guilty, and you don't respect the democratic results of elections. What's left?

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 11:08 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
cc wrote:
He did not end it - He admitted he had no grounds for action - yet .. The biased bastard in his own way "deliberately" fueled it up ... knowing nothing will happen in governing the country .. HIS INTENTION from day 1

Agreed
I think the whole goal of that Mueller speech was for Mueller to say in effect "Dear house democrats: I hate Trump just as much as you do, but I investigated him for two years and couldn't come up with anything. I really tried very hard, but I failed in my coup attempt. However there is still a chance you vicious tyrants in the house can continue the coup, which is what we both want, and undo the results of a democratic election, with no basis whatsoever."