It is currently December 5th, 2019, 6:56 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Re: Robert "Bob" Mueller
Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 11:30 am 

Wazzzup wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
cc wrote:
He did not end it - He admitted he had no grounds for action - yet .. The biased bastard in his own way "deliberately" fueled it up ... knowing nothing will happen in governing the country .. HIS INTENTION from day 1

Agreed
I think the whole goal of that Mueller speech was for Mueller to say in effect "Dear house democrats: I hate Trump just as much as you do, but I investigated him for two years and couldn't come up with anything. I really tried very hard, but I failed in my coup attempt. However there is still a chance you vicious tyrants in the house can continue the coup, which is what we both want, and undo the results of a democratic election, with no basis whatsoever."

A precise summary.

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 11:39 am 

Wazzzup wrote:
Peaches wrote:
What IS unfortunate is that there are forums claiming to offer subs for intelligent debate, yet allow members to double down on a failed troll but not get their posts flagged as spam and either flushed or moved to the dump.

So basically you'd like posts you disagree with to be censored, like progtards do on facebook and other progtard run totalitarian anti free speech sites. Not surprising.

Nope, but I would say that "so basically" you are AGAIN recycling your favorite troll tactic of putting words in my mouth when you don't like what I said.

Congratulations, man. I don't know why you bother to post here, on what is claimed to be a no-trolling site, but I'm done reading your posts and responding to them. If you actually want to know some of the ways your reality is askew and your output flawed, the rest of the internet is out there prepared to help you out.

:001_rolleyes:

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 12:24 pm 

Peaches wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:
Peaches wrote:
What IS unfortunate is that there are forums claiming to offer subs for intelligent debate, yet allow members to double down on a failed troll but not get their posts flagged as spam and either flushed or moved to the dump.

So basically you'd like posts you disagree with to be censored, like progtards do on facebook and other progtard run totalitarian anti free speech sites. Not surprising.

Nope, but I would say that "so basically" you are AGAIN recycling your favorite troll tactic of putting words in my mouth when you don't like what I said.

Congratulations, man. I don't know why you bother to post here, on what is claimed to be a no-trolling site, but I'm done reading your posts and responding to them. If you actually want to know some of the ways your reality is askew and your output flawed, the rest of the internet is out there prepared to help you out.

:001_rolleyes:
So you're sad because you can't censor opinions you don't like here, like you authoritarian leftards get to do everywhere else. Again, not surprising

And now you are going to pout and threaten a horrible punishment in return --- that you will ignore me. :shock:

OOH NOES! OHMAGOSH Peaches is going to ignore me. My life is ruined! How will I find the strength to go on? How will I live another day?????? ac_lmfao

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 3:50 pm 

Don't go too far, Bob. I've got questions.

What was the purpose of your 9-minute press conference?

If your report was your testimony and if you say it speaks for itself, then why was it necessary for you to have a press conference where you forbid questions?

This is all too confusing for some of us. You just want to create more controversy, am I right? Divide this already divided country even more?

Why couldn't you say one of the following:

"Yes, he is guilty."

"No, he is not guilty."

What's with the games?

It is very disappointing that after two years we are where we are today.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 3:51 pm 

Wazzzup wrote:
I think the whole goal of that Mueller speech was for Mueller to say in effect "Dear house democrats: I hate Trump just as much as you do, but I investigated him for two years and couldn't come up with anything. I really tried very hard, but I failed in my coup attempt. However there is still a chance you vicious tyrants in the house can continue the coup, which is what we both want, and undo the results of a democratic election, with no basis whatsoever."

:thumbup:

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 7:12 am 

Peaches wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
That is disingenuous. Of course you elect a President via plebiscite. It's just that your electoral zones are distributed to prevent larger states dominating the political process, in exactly the same way ours is. You must win the most seats, not the most votes, to be elected. It is a fairer system than the alternative. We've had many Prime Ministers who scored fewer votes, but a majority of seats.

I regret that I must once again explain the English language to you.

Merriam-Webster:
Quote:
Definition of plebiscite
: a vote by which the people of an entire country or district express an opinion for or against a proposal especially on a choice of government or ruler

Oxford:
Quote:
plebiscite
NOUN
1 The direct vote of all the members of an electorate on an important public question such as a change in the constitution.

We could doubtless have a longish conversation about a darker (but strictly connotative) usage you seem to have adopted in this thread; but on a forum such as this one we would rapidly get the discussion into such thinning air that Fash would need to issue oxygen masks to everyone. So I'll simply observe that comparisons of the two-tiered US electoral college system to the original Roman advisory uses of plebiscites is highly flawed, both de jure and de facto.

Unread postPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 5:37 pm 

Dear Lunkhead,

I'd explain the difference between Civics 101 and History 370, but I'd be wasting my time here and I've already left this conversation once.

I'll just say that what is explained by your nice blue and gray graph is the thinking behind our bicameral legislature, in which the lower chamber tries to provide a "one man, one vote" and the upper chamber protects the rights of each state (regardless of its population) to sit as an equal with other states that are larger or more populous. This is not an opinion, it is historical fact and easily documented in a decent library.

It only bears on the EC because the framers intended the EC to combine both methods of representation into one unholy entity for the purpose of electing a chief executive, and additionally of insuring against a wave of populism being able to elect an unfit president. The EC failed in this mission within half a century and has subsequently failed a few more times, yet we still use it because it's hard to get rid of it.

The continued failures of the EC are guaranteed at this point by the way the two main parties have rigged the EC's rules over time.

Unread postPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 8:49 pm 

Senates have long since ceased being a State focussed house, and have become a party biased secondary house of its own.

Many people here believe the Senate should be scrapped. One State, Queensland has done so with no negative result.

Senates are an anachronism that have been corrupted by the party political system.

Unread postPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 9:07 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Senates have long since ceased being a State focussed house, and have become a party biased secondary house of its own.

Many people here believe the Senate should be scrapped. One State, Queensland has done so with no negative result.

Senates are an anachronism that have been corrupted by the party political system.

We don't have an upper chamber at the provincial level.

Unread postPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 10:36 pm 

And does that affect the governance of your province?

Unread postPosted: October 4th, 2019, 5:30 am 

Bricktop wrote:
And does that affect the governance of your province?

No, and it doesn't affect it at the federal level..

Our senate is not elected..

They're a rubber stamp.

Unread postPosted: October 4th, 2019, 5:20 pm 

Many Australians want to see the Federal Senate abolished.

As well as State governments.

Unread postPosted: October 4th, 2019, 5:52 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Many Australians want to see the Federal Senate abolished.

As well as State governments.

Many Western Canadians want to see our senate elected and more powers for provincial governments.

Unread postPosted: October 5th, 2019, 5:18 am 

Fashionista wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
Many Australians want to see the Federal Senate abolished. As well as State governments.
Many Western Canadians want to see our senate elected and more powers for provincial governments.

An elected senate could form a firewall against Justine's war on middle class Canadians.

Unread postPosted: October 5th, 2019, 4:08 pm 

In practice, it sounds good.

But to get elected Senators need to belong to a political party if they want to improve their chances.

So, as always, Senators follow the party line just as they do in the lower house. The party with the numbers in the Senate controls the Senate.

Unread postPosted: October 5th, 2019, 4:14 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
In practice, it sounds good.

But to get elected Senators need to belong to a political party if they want to improve their chances.

So, as always, Senators follow the party line just as they do in the lower house. The party with the numbers in the Senate controls the Senate.

Just like the USA..

Taiwan's control yuan is like Canada's senate.