It is currently December 7th, 2019, 9:07 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Robert "Bob" Mueller
Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 7:44 am 

He is about to make a public statement in about 15 minutes. What are your predictions of what he will reveal?

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Post subject: Re: Robert "Bob" Mueller
Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 7:52 am 

It doesn't matter. The Dems will spin it as grounds for impeachment.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 7:57 am 

seoulbro wrote:
It doesn't matter. The Dems will spin it as grounds for impeachment.

I hope his statement puts an end to this mess though. I wish he was the bigger man to say to all, "ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE!"

Sigh.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 8:40 am 

Unfortunately it wont put an end to it, it should, but it won't.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/specia ... to-testify
Quote:
Mueller says--

“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so,” Mueller said. “We did not determine whether the president did commit a crime.”

“We concluded that we would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime,” Mueller added. “That is the office’s final position.”

Swamp dweller Mueller is trying to leave a cloud around Trump. Saying maybe he did maybe not.

However, one of the most important tenets of the American justice system, and most western justice systems, is if a person is accused of a crime and the crime cannot be proved, the accused is exonerated. This should especially be true in case where the person is accused of a process crime (in the case obstruction) and there is no underlying crime (which muller admits--there was no collusion)

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 8:50 am 

Wazzzup wrote:

Quote:
Mueller says--

“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so,” Mueller said. “We did not determine whether the president did commit a crime.”

“We concluded that we would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime,” Mueller added. “That is the office’s final position.”

Swamp dweller Mueller is trying to leave a cloud around Trump. Saying maybe he did maybe not.

However, one of the most important tenets of the American justice system, and most western justice systems, is if a person is accused of a crime and the crime cannot be proved, the accused is exonerated. This should especially be true in case where the person is accused of a process crime (in the case obstruction) and there is no underlying crime (which muller admits--there was no collusion)

If I can run away to an island where I can no longer hear about any of this, I would. I am so sick of it already.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 8:59 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

Quote:
Mueller says--

If I can run away to an island where I can no longer hear about any of this, I would. I am so sick of it already.
I can relate, sadly this will never be over until trump leaves office, and maybe even then it won't.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 9:01 am 

trump's response on twitter--

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 9:03 am 

He did not end it - He admitted he had no grounds for action - yet .. The biased bastard in his own way "deliberately" fueled it up ... knowing nothing will happen in governing the country .. HIS INTENTION from day 1

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 9:23 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:

I thought you started this discussion :confused1:

But maybe on the island you wouldn't have Wazzup putting words into Mueller's mouth and pontificating incorrectly on major tenets of law in order to advance his own agenda.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 9:31 am 

I’m under the impression that this probe was designed to fail.
I always had doubts about these allegations if collusion anyways.

If Mueller really wished to torpedo the Trump administration he should have just subpoenad Trump’s tax returns.

It’s fairly obvious why Trump doesn’t want to release them.

His party have gotten smarter since the time of Richard Nixon who was probed & found to have owed at least $100,000 in taxes to the IRS.

Trump is a crook.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 9:37 am 

Peaches wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:

But maybe on the island you wouldn't have Wazzup putting words into Mueller's mouth and pontificating incorrectly on major tenets of law in order to advance his own agenda.

What did I say that's incorrect peaches? Lets hear it.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 10:39 am 

Wazzzup wrote:

Quote:
Mueller says--

No proof of a crime, means no crime.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 11:08 am 

Peaches wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:

I am here, aren't I? Discuss then. Sadly, no island for me to run to. I can't wait to see a government that can actually govern and legislate and not embroiled in this mess. I am tired of it. :mad:

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 11:09 am 

cc wrote:
He did not end it - He admitted he had no grounds for action - yet .. The biased bastard in his own way "deliberately" fueled it up ... knowing nothing will happen in governing the country .. HIS INTENTION from day 1

Agreed

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 11:10 am 

Newt is spot on on this one.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 11:16 am 

Fashionista wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

Quote:
Mueller says--

No proof of a crime, means no crime.
Democrats apparently don't understand or want to understand this concept. They think anyone they hate who is accused of a crime is guilty even if a two year exhaustive investigation says they aren't.

'Begin impeachment proceedings immediately': 2020 Dems call for Congress to act after Mueller speech
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 270619001/

Democrats judicial principles don't come from American history, they come from Russian History and Joe Stalin.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 11:57 am 

Wazzzup wrote:
Peaches wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:

What did I say that's incorrect peaches? Lets hear it.

You start by quoting a Fox article in which Mueller is quoted as saying “If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.” And you represent this statement as coming from a "swamp dweller" when in fact it comes from a respected former prosecutor.

Then you go on to talk about the justice system, and I quote:

Wazzzup wrote:
===

I have three problems with your comment. First, when a person is CHARGED (not accused) with a crime and the crime cannot be proven the accused is not EXONERATED but only found NOT GUILTY. A NOT GUILTY verdict should never be taken as an exoneration because it rarely is. It is only a verdict that the charging authority could not or did not make a case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Second, I don't think it matters whether the crime is obstruction of justice or collusion, the evidentary rules are largely the same.

Third, you say that Mueller "admits" (which is a word choice that implies he has a bias, yet no bias on Mueller's part has been established) ...but he "admits" there was no collusion. And that, sir, is Bob Barr's spin on the Mueller report, parroted by Trump and a few million talking chimps in red hats, but it's not what Mueller said. Mueller said there was not enough evidence to prove collusion beyond a reasonable doubt. That's roughly equivalent to the police bringing a case to the district attorney and after he reviews it, he tells them "sorry dudes, I can't make a winning case with what you've given me so I'm declining to prosecute it." Look up NOLLE PROSEQUI.

~~~~

I don't claim to know the reason for Mueller's public statement, except that after a few weeks of people trying to shovel shit on his original report MAYBE he's merely wanting to say "Hey, people, THIS is what I said and what I meant."

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 12:02 pm 

Peaches wrote:
Wazzup... pontificating incorrectly on major tenets of law in order to advance his own agenda.

Read this
Quote:
The presumption of innocence is the legal principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty. ... The prosecution must, in most cases prove that the accused is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. If reasonable doubt remains, the accused must be acquitted.

Probably the most fundamental principle of the American Justice system (and most other western justice systems)--Something you apparently don't understand peaches. Maybe you should try to educate yourself.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 12:23 pm 

Wazzzup wrote:
Peaches wrote:
Wazzup... pontificating incorrectly on major tenets of law in order to advance his own agenda.

Read this
Quote:
The presumption of innocence is the legal principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty. ... The prosecution must, in most cases prove that the accused is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. If reasonable doubt remains, the accused must be acquitted.

Probably the most fundamental principle of the American Justice system (and most other western justice systems)--Something you apparently don't understand peaches. Maybe you should try to educate yourself.

An acquittal is not an "exoneration" and neither is a nolle prosequi. I can explain these things to you but I cannot make you understand them.

If one of us is deficient in legal education, I seriously doubt it's I. I have a transcript to support this belief.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 12:37 pm 

Wazzzup wrote:

Quote:
Mueller says--

What the fuck is this shit. First, a never ending witch hunt. Now, throwing out the most basic right of innocence if unable to convict of a crime. I hope the public punishes the corrupt Democratic party in 2020 for this.