It is currently April 3rd, 2020, 4:46 am

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
Author Message
Unread postPosted: March 24th, 2020, 7:47 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 3576
seoulbro wrote:
I am going to say that Trump's hope that national restrictions can be removed within a week is wishful thinking. While I agree with Trump and NY governor Andrew Cuomo that we can't stop the economy for too long, everything I've read from epidemiologists indicates that at least two more weeks of lock down measures are required to contain the virus spread.

We don't have an official national emergency..

All the provinces have declared an emergency.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 25th, 2020, 9:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 18018
He knows Trump is doing everything he can. Imagine how much he would be bitching if Trudeau was the US president.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/25/ny-s ... 3QtSTspCGZ
The New York governor‘s tone seemed to reflect a softer stance toward the Trump administration, particularly from his Tuesday press conference.

“Only the federal government has that power, and not to exercise that power is inexplicable to me,” Cuomo said Tuesday. “It’s nice that these companies are coming forward and saying they want to help — that is not going to get us there. I do not for the life of me understand the reluctance to use the federal Defense Production Act.”

“I’ve spoken to people in the White House who have handled these operations, I’ve spoken with the vice president. I’ve spoken with Jared Kushner, who is a New Yorker, he knows New York and he is working in the White House, and he has been extraordinarily helpful on all of these situations,” Cuomo said during Wednesday’s press conference.

Calling the lack of ventilators a “common challenge” that “no one ever anticipated,” Cuomo said his state has “purchased everything that can be purchased.”

“And it’s something that our team is working on with the White House team and I want to thank the president for his cooperation and his team for their cooperation,” said Cuomo. “We’re getting very creative. We’re talking to countries around the world as well as new companies that could do production.”

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 26th, 2020, 7:07 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 14104
Do you notice, premiers in Canada take matters in their own hands. Not quite as much with US governors.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 26th, 2020, 10:26 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 7276
seoulbro wrote:
Do you notice, premiers in Canada take matters in their own hands. Not quite as much with US governors.


These US governors should. They are governing their states and they are getting funding from the government. Trump said he will back them up but they should mobilize themselves. They should not be sitting around waiting for the government to tell them what to do.

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 26th, 2020, 3:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 18th, 2020, 6:51 am
Posts: 191
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/2 ... cil-149285

Embedded in this article is a 69 page document that the NSC wrote up in 2016 after the ebola epidemic(s) in 2014-15.

The administration was briefed on it in 2017. Apparently they wiped their butts with it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 26th, 2020, 4:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 14th, 2012, 8:21 pm
Posts: 14095
Prolly rightly so ... this is especially rich .. has Politico moved out of the DNC basement yet ... to make it look right?

2016 was under "0", obviously by "his swamp creatures" who were all chosen for all the wrong reasons and never did anything right ... well, OK, they no doubt got the racial mix and gender mix right and a zero political mix (if ya gets my drift :wink: ) ... selected for skill being far behind the above criteria .... last priority as always

Perspective > Here's the sort of rag the above post comes from:
Politico .. same issue ... " he might even try, Vladimir Putin-style, to extend illegally if he loses in November." :ohmy: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... man-149573

Let's get real. This time and space waste is embarrassing .. this is not Comedy Central

_________________
FKKK China


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 26th, 2020, 5:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 9343
So Obongo was briefed on H1N1, and Ebola, and did nothing. Trump inherits a system unprepared for a Chinese epidemic. Who gets blamed? Obongo? China? Nope, Trump. :crazy:

_________________
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 26th, 2020, 10:02 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 18018
Can Vice President Biden explain why the Obama administration did not order the N95 masks to replace the 100 million used in the Asian Flu epidemic. Experts advised replacing them but Obama-Biden team failed to buy them. Shortage starts with them. Explain it Joe!

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/25/ ... -of-masks/
The federal government knew about a shortage of protective masks going back to 2009, after the H1N1 virus, but didn’t replenish its supply for the next pandemic, which arrived this year with the highly contagious coronavirus.

H1N1, also known as the swine flu, drew down about 100 million N95 protective respirator masks.

Afterward, an H1N1 task force recommended that the Obama administration replace the masks in the national stockpile, according to reporting by the Los Angeles Times and Bloomberg News.

“If the Obama administration didn’t respond to a request for additional masks, and if they did not communicate that need to the incoming [Trump] administration, that would certainly make the present situation more difficult,” Amy Anderson, a registered nurse and co-founder of the Global Nurse Consultants Alliance, told The Daily Signal in a phone interview.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 27th, 2020, 5:58 am 
User avatar

Joined: March 18th, 2020, 6:51 am
Posts: 191

_________________
Image


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 27th, 2020, 7:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 14104
Blaming one Western leader for being unprepared for this pandemic is not only disingenuous, it's partisan opportunism at it's very worst. Countries pull together, but the US is an outlier. The opposition is milking this in an election year, which is despicable. Particularly so, since they have been just as guilty of what they accuse the administration of.

The entire world knew some sort of pandemic was coming. Harper/Trudeau, Obama/Trump, May/Johnson, Macron/Hollande, and Merkel were all well aware that some sort of a pandemic could sweep the globe. It's like trying to get ready for an attack by aliens. Trump, Johnson, Trudeau and Macron, inherited a system systems unprepared for this. The WHO didn't do enough either.

The World Knows an Apocalyptic Pandemic Is Coming
But nobody is interested in doing anything about it.

A new independent report compiled at the request of the United Nations secretary-general warns that there is a “very real threat” of a pandemic sweeping the planet, killing up to 80 million people. A deadly pathogen, spread airborne around the world, the report says, could wipe out almost 5 percent of the global economy. And we’re not ready.

The ominous analysis was compiled by an independent panel, the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB), which was assembled last year in response to a request from the office of the U.N. secretary-general, and convened jointly by the World Bank and World Health Organization (WHO). Co-chaired by the former WHO head and former Norwegian Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland and the head of the international Red Cross, Elhadj As Sy, the GPMB commissioned expert studies and issued a scathing attack on the political, financial, and logistical state of pandemic preparedness affairs.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/09/20/th ... is-coming/


World health leaders warn the world is dangerously unprepared for a pandemic
https://qz.com/1710586/health-leaders-s ... -pandemic/

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 27th, 2020, 10:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 9343
Trump had advanced knowledge of this coronavirus that no other world leader, no former president, and no US senator or congressman knew anything about. :crazy: American TDS sufferers don't believe their own nonsense.

_________________
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 27th, 2020, 8:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 7276
seoulbro wrote:
Blaming one Western leader for being unprepared for this pandemic is not only disingenuous, it's partisan opportunism at it's very worst. Countries pull together, but the US is an outlier. The opposition is milking this in an election year, which is despicable. Particularly so, since they have been just as guilty of what they accuse the administration of.

The entire world knew some sort of pandemic was coming. Harper/Trudeau, Obama/Trump, May/Johnson, Macron/Hollande, and Merkel were all well aware that some sort of a pandemic could sweep the globe. It's like trying to get ready for an attack by aliens. Trump, Johnson, Trudeau and Macron, inherited a system systems unprepared for this. The WHO didn't do enough either.

The World Knows an Apocalyptic Pandemic Is Coming
But nobody is interested in doing anything about it.

A new independent report compiled at the request of the United Nations secretary-general warns that there is a “very real threat” of a pandemic sweeping the planet, killing up to 80 million people. A deadly pathogen, spread airborne around the world, the report says, could wipe out almost 5 percent of the global economy. And we’re not ready.

The ominous analysis was compiled by an independent panel, the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB), which was assembled last year in response to a request from the office of the U.N. secretary-general, and convened jointly by the World Bank and World Health Organization (WHO). Co-chaired by the former WHO head and former Norwegian Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland and the head of the international Red Cross, Elhadj As Sy, the GPMB commissioned expert studies and issued a scathing attack on the political, financial, and logistical state of pandemic preparedness affairs.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/09/20/th ... is-coming/


World health leaders warn the world is dangerously unprepared for a pandemic
https://qz.com/1710586/health-leaders-s ... -pandemic/


The WHO ought to be accountable too. What exactly is its role if it is useless? Its existence should be reassessed.

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 27th, 2020, 8:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 7276
iron horse jockey wrote:
Trump had advanced knowledge of this coronavirus that no other world leader, no former president, and no US senator or congressman knew anything about. :crazy: American TDS sufferers don't believe their own nonsense.


:thumbup:

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 27th, 2020, 8:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2018, 11:04 am
Posts: 2317
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blaming one Western leader for being unprepared for this pandemic is not only disingenuous, it's partisan opportunism at it's very worst. Countries pull together, but the US is an outlier. The opposition is milking this in an election year, which is despicable. Particularly so, since they have been just as guilty of what they accuse the administration of.

The entire world knew some sort of pandemic was coming. Harper/Trudeau, Obama/Trump, May/Johnson, Macron/Hollande, and Merkel were all well aware that some sort of a pandemic could sweep the globe. It's like trying to get ready for an attack by aliens. Trump, Johnson, Trudeau and Macron, inherited a system systems unprepared for this. The WHO didn't do enough either.

The World Knows an Apocalyptic Pandemic Is Coming
But nobody is interested in doing anything about it.

A new independent report compiled at the request of the United Nations secretary-general warns that there is a “very real threat” of a pandemic sweeping the planet, killing up to 80 million people. A deadly pathogen, spread airborne around the world, the report says, could wipe out almost 5 percent of the global economy. And we’re not ready.

The ominous analysis was compiled by an independent panel, the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB), which was assembled last year in response to a request from the office of the U.N. secretary-general, and convened jointly by the World Bank and World Health Organization (WHO). Co-chaired by the former WHO head and former Norwegian Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland and the head of the international Red Cross, Elhadj As Sy, the GPMB commissioned expert studies and issued a scathing attack on the political, financial, and logistical state of pandemic preparedness affairs.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/09/20/th ... is-coming/


World health leaders warn the world is dangerously unprepared for a pandemic
https://qz.com/1710586/health-leaders-s ... -pandemic/


The WHO ought to be accountable too. What exactly is its role if it is useless? Its existence should be reassessed.

The UN is useless.

_________________
The Russian Rock It


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 27th, 2020, 8:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 7276
Gaon wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blaming one Western leader for being unprepared for this pandemic is not only disingenuous, it's partisan opportunism at it's very worst. Countries pull together, but the US is an outlier. The opposition is milking this in an election year, which is despicable. Particularly so, since they have been just as guilty of what they accuse the administration of.

The entire world knew some sort of pandemic was coming. Harper/Trudeau, Obama/Trump, May/Johnson, Macron/Hollande, and Merkel were all well aware that some sort of a pandemic could sweep the globe. It's like trying to get ready for an attack by aliens. Trump, Johnson, Trudeau and Macron, inherited a system systems unprepared for this. The WHO didn't do enough either.

The World Knows an Apocalyptic Pandemic Is Coming
But nobody is interested in doing anything about it.

A new independent report compiled at the request of the United Nations secretary-general warns that there is a “very real threat” of a pandemic sweeping the planet, killing up to 80 million people. A deadly pathogen, spread airborne around the world, the report says, could wipe out almost 5 percent of the global economy. And we’re not ready.

The ominous analysis was compiled by an independent panel, the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB), which was assembled last year in response to a request from the office of the U.N. secretary-general, and convened jointly by the World Bank and World Health Organization (WHO). Co-chaired by the former WHO head and former Norwegian Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland and the head of the international Red Cross, Elhadj As Sy, the GPMB commissioned expert studies and issued a scathing attack on the political, financial, and logistical state of pandemic preparedness affairs.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/09/20/th ... is-coming/


World health leaders warn the world is dangerously unprepared for a pandemic
https://qz.com/1710586/health-leaders-s ... -pandemic/


The WHO ought to be accountable too. What exactly is its role if it is useless? Its existence should be reassessed.

The UN is useless.


Just like in people's careers, these useless agencies should also get a performance evaluation every year and if they are useless, dissolve it.

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 30th, 2020, 11:10 am 
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Posts: 11930
Image


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 30th, 2020, 1:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 14104
Odinson wrote:
Image

i would have posted it in political humour. Though it is hilarious no matter what thread it is in. :laugh3:

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 30th, 2020, 1:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 14th, 2012, 8:21 pm
Posts: 14095
:roll: No apology needed

Best one ever

_________________
FKKK China


Top
   
Unread postPosted: March 30th, 2020, 2:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 18018
Hell ya. ac_toofunny

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]