It is currently July 20th, 2019, 2:52 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Trump is an asshole.
Unread postPosted: July 10th, 2019, 4:11 pm 

His treatment of the UK's ambassador is unconscionable and despicable.

The Ambassador was doing his job, reporting the facts as he saw them. It would be interesting to see the despatches between the US Ambassador to the UK and HIS Minister.

Trump could disagree with the observations. But to effectively alienate and refuse to co-operate with him is the act of a petulant half wit.

He has insulted the UK, and if I were the PM I would summons the US ambassador and make it clear he would no longer be permitted to carry out his duties until Trump apologised and rescinded his infantile response.

This, after being feted by the UK Government in a State visit only a month ago.

As an American President, he may well be the best of a terminally bad bunch. As a Statesman he is a complete and utter failure.

Post subject: Re: Trump is an asshole.
Unread postPosted: July 10th, 2019, 4:19 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
His treatment of the UK's ambassador is unconscionable and despicable.

The Ambassador was doing his job, reporting the facts as he saw them. It would be interesting to see the despatches between the US Ambassador to the UK and HIS Minister.

Trump could disagree with the observations. But to effectively alienate and refuse to co-operate with him is the act of a petulant half wit.

He has insulted the UK, and if I were the PM I would summons the US ambassador and make it clear he would no longer be permitted to carry out his duties until Trump apologised and rescinded his infantile response.

This, after being feted by the UK Government in a State visit only a month ago.

As an American President, he may well be the best of a terminally bad bunch. As a Statesman he is a complete and utter failure.

Please. Do you really think this is the first dispute between the head of government and a foreign ambassador. Do you think there is anything new here. I would like to see what Obama had to say about the ambassador of Israel to the states when Obama was in office. The only think new here is that the prog media got a hold of it. ac_boring

Unread postPosted: July 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm 

Would you point out any previous disputes between the head of State and the Ambassador of two close allies, whereupon thehead of State ostracised the ambassador, and in effect his government.

Would Trudeau have done the same to the Australian ambassador, or vice versa?

I think not.

I agree there is nothing new. Foreign diplomats frequently report matters that the head of State does not particularly like. That is their job.

Trumps puerile reaction, however, is new. And imbecilic.

Unread postPosted: July 10th, 2019, 11:43 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Would you point out any previous disputes between the head of State and the Ambassador of two close allies, whereupon thehead of State ostracised the ambassador, and in effect his government.

Would Trudeau have done the same to the Australian ambassador, or vice versa?

I think not.

I agree there is nothing new. Foreign diplomats frequently report matters that the head of State does not particularly like. That is their job.

Trumps puerile reaction, however, is new. And imbecilic.

I can't remember specifics, but there have been cases of problems between ambassadors and the elected head of government. Possibly between Canada and the US. I would have to look it up.

Unread postPosted: July 11th, 2019, 12:34 am 

Make sure it's one where the head of State refused to engage with the Ambassador of an ally.

Unread postPosted: July 11th, 2019, 12:16 pm 

I do not support every thing that Trump says but the UK ambassador got what he deserved for saying what he said even though it was leaked. It might have been leaked intentionally. No, Trump is not a statesman. He is new at this job and he certainly has his rough edges. He was a businessman turned President. He is a fighter. When he gets attacked, he attacks back. Hey! That's like some folks on the forum, like myself. Welcome to 2019 and the age of Twitterdom where one can say and do whatever they want. No one should be surprised. Trump has already shown us that he has changed protocol and traditions regarding presidential behavior are out of the window. Some of it is good while some are not so good. It may not be the most "refined" way but it is the state of things.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: July 11th, 2019, 12:28 pm 

This story is another story the anti Trump media ran with after it was leaked. It affects nobody.

Unread postPosted: July 11th, 2019, 5:06 pm 

Wrong.

It affects the British people and government, who are right to be insulted by Trump's boorish conduct.

I repeat...perhaps Mr Trump would care to allow the press access to reports from the US Ambassador to the US State secretary. I'm sure they would make interesting reading.

This is an example of American hypocrisy at its finest. A British ambassador reports his estimation of the Trump administration to his Minister, and he is pilloried and ignored. A North Korean psychopathic dictator calls Trump a "dotard", but he is a "good guy".

And the story has been reported through most British media outlets. The media is not the issue.

Trump's inability to conduct himself in accordance with established protocols on international relationships IS the issue.