It is currently February 16th, 2019, 10:18 am

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: February 10th, 2019, 9:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 5320
https://www.rt.com/usa/451129-police-ta ... -glendale/

Cops pull over a vehicle and demand to see a passenger's driver licence. When questioned about the validity of the request, the cops drag him out of the vehicle then begin tasering his genitals in front of his family.

Both parents were jailed for a month until the mother took a plea deal in order to care for their children.

The main cop was suspended for three days.

He should have been waterboarded, tased, violated by a canine, then fired.

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: February 10th, 2019, 10:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 24th, 2015, 7:57 pm
Posts: 20642
:spam0000:

And you're posting this because...???

_________________
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” - W. C. Fields.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: February 10th, 2019, 10:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 5320
Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: February 14th, 2019, 3:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2016, 8:45 am
Posts: 911
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.


One of the other forums I visit has an entire subforum for the purpose.

For instance, here's a heart warming story.

Jason Van Dyke, a former Chicago cop convicted of Murder Two for the extra-judicial execution of Laquan McDonald in 2014, was serving his seven year sentence in a federal prison in Connecticut and recently got the shit kicked out of him in the yard.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/13/jason-van-dyke-beaten-in-federal-prison-legal-team-says/

Not too surprising, but note that the Fraternal Order of Police is distressed about the beating. It suggests that the FOP is actually a de facto trade union rather than a guild of professional LEOs.

_________________
Very few people die in midair, but many have trouble with their landings..


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: February 14th, 2019, 3:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2016, 8:45 am
Posts: 911
I should have mentioned that the victim McDonald was walking away from the former LEO when he was shot in the back SIXTEEN TIMES.

I suspect the beating in the prison yard didn't hurt as much as taking sixteen rounds. But there's always tomorrow.

_________________
Very few people die in midair, but many have trouble with their landings..


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: February 14th, 2019, 3:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 5320
Peaches wrote:
I should have mentioned that the victim McDonald was walking away from the former LEO when he was shot in the back SIXTEEN TIMES.

I suspect the beating in the prison yard didn't hurt as much as taking sixteen rounds. But there's always tomorrow.


A shame he didn't get 16 bricks to the back of his skull.

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 5:00 am 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 5320
Moved? :confused1:

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 7:12 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 36423
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Moved? :confused1:

Yes, it didn't belong in GS in the first place.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 7:13 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 12:41 pm
Posts: 2099
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.


Lmao, idiots like you that choose to generalize the millions of good to awesome cops out there from a few that make the news deserve to be sentence for a good ass beating. ac_beating

_________________
Your local Ch!nknadian


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 7:17 am 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 6915
Zetsu wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.


Lmao, idiots like you that choose to generalize the millions of good to awesome cops out there from a few that make the news deserve to be sentence for a good ass beating. ac_beating

If his biggest problem is the few bad apples on the force, than his life is stress free.

_________________
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 7:43 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 12:41 pm
Posts: 2099
iron horse jockey wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.


Lmao, idiots like you that choose to generalize the millions of good to awesome cops out there from a few that make the news deserve to be sentence for a good ass beating. ac_beating

If his biggest problem is the few bad apples on the force, than his life is stress free.


That's one possibility, though I can never fully understand Dinky here, I mean he hates the police, but can never seem to give a proper reason why in doing so, chances are his reason is too dumb and petty to let everyone know.

_________________
Your local Ch!nknadian


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 7:50 am 

Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:05 pm
Posts: 591
Fortunately we don't require justification for threads. I suppose we could make a form and make everyone submit it to start a thread.....
Oh, and threads are still threads regardless of where they are. Derails can still be moved by the request of the OP, even in RR.

_________________
the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 11:33 am 
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2016, 8:45 am
Posts: 911
Zetsu wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.


Lmao, idiots like you that choose to generalize the millions of good to awesome cops out there from a few that make the news deserve to be sentence for a good ass beating. ac_beating


Aside from your casual delivery of unwarranted insults, I've heard this old saw hundreds of times. My questions for you are, first, when you have forty cops on a force and only two of them are bad apples, is this fact invisible to the other thirty-eight cops? And if your answer is no, then my second question is, what does it say about those other thirty-eight cops when they look the other way and keep their mouths closed? Are you saying they are still good to awesome cops?

I may have more questions, depending on whatever answer you do or don't provide.

_________________
Very few people die in midair, but many have trouble with their landings..


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 11:49 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 12:41 pm
Posts: 2099
Peaches wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.


Lmao, idiots like you that choose to generalize the millions of good to awesome cops out there from a few that make the news deserve to be sentence for a good ass beating. ac_beating


Aside from your casual delivery of unwarranted insults, I've heard this old saw hundreds of times. My questions for you are, first, when you have forty cops on a force and only two of them are bad apples, is this fact invisible to the other thirty-eight cops? And if your answer is no, then my second question is, what does it say about those other thirty-eight cops when they look the other way and keep their mouths closed? Are you saying they are still good to awesome cops?

I may have more questions, depending on whatever answer you do or don't provide.


It all really depends on how corrupt those cops are. Even in some developing countries where the majority of police would be fired by first world standards, they're still needed. And tbh the funny thing is this old saw is what I learned from RW when it comes to defending Muslims, but the main difference is cops are still a boon to the society where Muslims are a dime a dozen.

_________________
Your local Ch!nknadian


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 2:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2016, 8:45 am
Posts: 911
Zetsu wrote:
It all really depends on how corrupt those cops are. Even in some developing countries where the majority of police would be fired by first world standards, they're still needed. And tbh the funny thing is this old saw is what I learned from RW when it comes to defending Muslims, but the main difference is cops are still a boon to the society where Muslims are a dime a dozen.


I'd prefer to leave the Muslims out of this, lest the topic get diluted further. It sounds like you're saying that some amount of corruption in the police is tolerable since society needs them. That is different than your prior argument that most cops are good and even awesome and shouldn't be judged by a few bad examples (or the ones who make the news.) And I don't' even want to ask how much corruption is tolerable before it gets too corrupt.

I'm remembering a post I made in Gaion's thread about serving in the military, where I discussed the Good Conduct Medal as not really reflecting 3 years of good conduct but only 3 years of undetected crime. I think this probably applies to police work, too.

In the case of cops, I am not really comfortable in a situation where I have to encounter a cop who is carrying a firearm and can probably get away with simply killing me, if he feels like it or is having a bad day or if the situation is not really as it appears. If society expects me to put my trust and faith in a cop, I want a cop who merits that trust and faith. For instance, if I just got mugged by "that guy over there" and he happens to be a CI of the cop who shows up, or if the cop happens to be involved in drug trafficking with "that guy" ... well, it's not gonna turn out well for me, and I'd have done better not to have called the cops at all.

It's possible that you could get awesome cops to do this dangerous and yucky work if you paid them a lot more than we want to pay, but maybe not even then. Bottom line is, communities tend to get the kind of policing they "want." Or at least the kind of policing the city fathers want. Usually, that means a lot of moral and ethical corners get cut. In the US for instance, municipalities are getting tired of million dollar wrongful death verdicts and they are now moving to a position of "municipal indemnity" where they say "we hired this maggot in good faith and he passed his training with high scores at the Academy, so our hands are clean." And they throw his ass under the bus and let your survivors sue HIM for his entire net worth of $78.16 and that's all you get. And usually he moves to another jurisdiction 25 miles away and THAT police force is happy to hire him.

_________________
Very few people die in midair, but many have trouble with their landings..


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 2:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 5320
Cronus wrote:
Fortunately we don't require justification for threads. I suppose we could make a form and make everyone submit it to start a thread.....
Oh, and threads are still threads regardless of where they are. Derails can still be moved by the request of the OP, even in RR.


It's still mostly civil so let it ride as is.

Cop Junkies: 1
DD: 0

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 2:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 36423
Peaches wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.


Lmao, idiots like you that choose to generalize the millions of good to awesome cops out there from a few that make the news deserve to be sentence for a good ass beating. ac_beating


Aside from your casual delivery of unwarranted insults, I've heard this old saw hundreds of times. My questions for you are, first, when you have forty cops on a force and only two of them are bad apples, is this fact invisible to the other thirty-eight cops? And if your answer is no, then my second question is, what does it say about those other thirty-eight cops when they look the other way and keep their mouths closed? Are you saying they are still good to awesome cops?

I may have more questions, depending on whatever answer you do or don't provide.

My brother is a policeman..

He went through many levels in the hiring process that is used to eliminate potential bad apples..

Few people that submit an initial application are sworn in as officers.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 2:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 5320
Anyone willing to aggress against a peaceful individual has aspects of bad appleness in them.

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 3:11 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 12:41 pm
Posts: 2099
Peaches wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
It all really depends on how corrupt those cops are. Even in some developing countries where the majority of police would be fired by first world standards, they're still needed. And tbh the funny thing is this old saw is what I learned from RW when it comes to defending Muslims, but the main difference is cops are still a boon to the society where Muslims are a dime a dozen.


I'd prefer to leave the Muslims out of this, lest the topic get diluted further. It sounds like you're saying that some amount of corruption in the police is tolerable since society needs them. That is different than your prior argument that most cops are good and even awesome and shouldn't be judged by a few bad examples (or the ones who make the news.) And I don't' even want to ask how much corruption is tolerable before it gets too corrupt.

I'm remembering a post I made in Gaion's thread about serving in the military, where I discussed the Good Conduct Medal as not really reflecting 3 years of good conduct but only 3 years of undetected crime. I think this probably applies to police work, too.

In the case of cops, I am not really comfortable in a situation where I have to encounter a cop who is carrying a firearm and can probably get away with simply killing me, if he feels like it or is having a bad day or if the situation is not really as it appears. If society expects me to put my trust and faith in a cop, I want a cop who merits that trust and faith. For instance, if I just got mugged by "that guy over there" and he happens to be a CI of the cop who shows up, or if the cop happens to be involved in drug trafficking with "that guy" ... well, it's not gonna turn out well for me, and I'd have done better not to have called the cops at all.

It's possible that you could get awesome cops to do this dangerous and yucky work if you paid them a lot more than we want to pay, but maybe not even then. Bottom line is, communities tend to get the kind of policing they "want." Or at least the kind of policing the city fathers want. Usually, that means a lot of moral and ethical corners get cut. In the US for instance, municipalities are getting tired of million dollar wrongful death verdicts and they are now moving to a position of "municipal indemnity" where they say "we hired this maggot in good faith and he passed his training with high scores at the Academy, so our hands are clean." And they throw his ass under the bus and let your survivors sue HIM for his entire net worth of $78.16 and that's all you get. And usually he moves to another jurisdiction 25 miles away and THAT police force is happy to hire him.


Earlier I meant to applaud the average police of first world states, but yea 3rd world is pretty messed up(heard a lot horrific and retarded stories from China before they modernized), but it's not surprising for people that can hardly make a living and still need to put their lives on the front line.

For the rest of your argument I gotta admit you have a point and sounds rational even to a pro-police person like me. I'm not too fond of the idea of cops that failed horribly are still given another chance to become one again, chances they can repeat the same mistake. Though there's a few things I'd like to bring up is, imo a police job will always involves lives, this is the burden they carry and even if they messed up, as long as they tried close to their best to help and in an practical manner(due to ever lack of resources and budget), it's hard to really blame them. I mean we all remember when we're kids we've made a lot of mistakes in our class exams, even if we studied for weeks prior to it and read and answered every question carefully, mistakes still happen, and I see a police task not much different, except it much more critical and involves lives.

For American cops I think they're the one of the most professional people in the entire universe, even giving them credit for having balls of steel isn't enough when you know guns are a plague in the US.

_________________
Your local Ch!nknadian


Report this post
Top
Unread postPosted: Yesterday, 3:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 36423
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Anyone willing to aggress against a peaceful individual has aspects of bad appleness in them.

That's why a well trained police force is necessary.


Report this post
Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]