It is currently May 21st, 2019, 7:38 pm

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Cronus's Hate Speech OP
Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 7:08 am 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 6048
reject-rodeo-f10/hate-speech-t10763.html

I'm like totally floored by it. He posted it in RR so does that mean it applies in particular to RR and anywhere else in this forum?

I've always thought RR was the place to be voluntarily disruptive, insulting, or ripped off your tits. A not to be taken serious sort of thing. Are Canadian law enforcement people such simple minded puss pusses these days that this is an actual thing?

If so, they are spineless morons.

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Top
Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 9:20 am 

Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:05 pm
Posts: 686
Dinky Dianna wrote:
https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo-f10/hate-speech-t10763.html

I'm like totally floored by it. He posted it in RR so does that mean it applies in particular to RR and anywhere else in this forum?

I've always thought RR was the place to be voluntarily disruptive, insulting, or ripped off your tits. A not to be taken serious sort of thing. Are Canadian law enforcement people such simple minded puss pusses these days that this is an actual thing?

If so, they are spineless morons.

It's Canadian law. Spineless or not, still the law. We have always had rule 4 and it does apply across the board on all subs.

_________________
the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....


Top
Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 9:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2016, 8:45 am
Posts: 1215
Works for me. Anyone wanting to be more juvenile than that rule allows needs a playpen and a big box of crayons, and some damn privacy.

_________________
Very few people die in midair, but many have trouble with their landings..


Top
Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 11:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 13656
It cramps old Herman's style.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 3:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2013, 2:57 pm
Posts: 4708
Cronus wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo-f10/hate-speech-t10763.html

I'm like totally floored by it. He posted it in RR so does that mean it applies in particular to RR and anywhere else in this forum?

I've always thought RR was the place to be voluntarily disruptive, insulting, or ripped off your tits. A not to be taken serious sort of thing. Are Canadian law enforcement people such simple minded puss pusses these days that this is an actual thing?

If so, they are spineless morons.

It's Canadian law. Spineless or not, still the law. We have always had rule 4 and it does apply across the board on all subs.


Yes, its the law and its implemented for a reason. Its amazing how so many can not understand this.

_________________
Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
~ Bodhidharma


Top
Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 4:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 24th, 2015, 7:57 pm
Posts: 22868
What law is it, exactly?

_________________
Twenty two thousand, seven hundred and thirty one.


Top
Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 12:00 am 
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2013, 2:57 pm
Posts: 4708
My law. Where everyone does what I say. Works for me.

_________________
Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
~ Bodhidharma


Top
Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 8:24 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 38561
Berry Sweet wrote:
My law. Where everyone does what I say. Works for me.

I believe you would be a benevolent empress Berry.
ac_smile


Top
Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 11:00 am 

Joined: April 15th, 2019, 10:01 pm
Posts: 233
Bricktop wrote:
What law is it, exactly?



The law of sit down and shut the fuck up because the forum is owned by a person who happens to be concerned with the negative consequences any misapplication of existing hate speech laws might bring to her.

Put your narcissism in a pickle jar for a moment and understand that if she is so much visited by local authorities for any reason, no matter the eventual outcome, that itself is too far a price to pay to allow monkeys like Herman to spew vilified nonsense about like this were their personal toilet.

if she doesn't want racist comments on her board then she doesn't want it on her board. Who the fuck died and left you in charge of what one should or should not do with something that isn't yours to begin with?


Top
Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 12:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 10989
Bricktop wrote:
What law is it, exactly?

Sections 318, 319 (1) and 319(2) of Canada's criminal code.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 12:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 10th, 2016, 5:14 pm
Posts: 2594
Bricktop wrote:
What law is it, exactly?


Just call all undesirables cockroaches.


Top
Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 3:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 24th, 2015, 7:57 pm
Posts: 22868
seoulbro wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
What law is it, exactly?

Sections 318, 319 (1) and 319(2) of Canada's criminal code.


Which does not apply outside of Canada.

_________________
Twenty two thousand, seven hundred and thirty one.


Top
Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 4:17 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 13656
caskur wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
What law is it, exactly?


Just call all undesirables cockroaches.

I prefer shitter shiners.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 4:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2016, 8:45 am
Posts: 1215
Bricktop wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
What law is it, exactly?

Sections 318, 319 (1) and 319(2) of Canada's criminal code.


Which does not apply outside of Canada.


I'm prepared to assume that Canada is the location of the server and the registered address of the domain.

I imagine that's enough.

_________________
Very few people die in midair, but many have trouble with their landings..


Top
Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 4:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 24th, 2015, 7:57 pm
Posts: 22868
You may assume such, but my browser tells me the server is located in the US.

It also tells me that current legal precedence does not hold a proprietor libel for comments and content made by members. Otherwise Zuckerberg et al would be doing time.

Ergo, for me to break Canadian law, I would have to be IN Canada, and identified as the person who made comments that were considered illegal.

Whether or not any such comments are offensive, hateful or inciting, the fact is that laws are confined to the sovereign nation that enacts them...except for the US, which still believes its laws can be applied globally when it suits.

So, if "hate" speech (whatever that is) is posted in a forum, the only applicable legislation is that which exists in the poster's home country.

Then the authorities have to prove that the poster is the individual under suspicion.

Here's a tip, kiddies. If Mr Plod comes knocking, provide your name and address and STFU.

_________________
Twenty two thousand, seven hundred and thirty one.


Top
Unread postPosted: May 16th, 2019, 2:15 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 10th, 2016, 5:14 pm
Posts: 2594
Bricktop wrote:
You may assume such, but my browser tells me the server is located in the US.

It also tells me that current legal precedence does not hold a proprietor libel for comments and content made by members. Otherwise Zuckerberg et al would be doing time.

Ergo, for me to break Canadian law, I would have to be IN Canada, and identified as the person who made comments that were considered illegal.

Whether or not any such comments are offensive, hateful or inciting, the fact is that laws are confined to the sovereign nation that enacts them...except for the US, which still believes its laws can be applied globally when it suits.

So, if "hate" speech (whatever that is) is posted in a forum, the only applicable legislation is that which exists in the poster's home country.

Then the authorities have to prove that the poster is the individual under suspicion.

Here's a tip, kiddies. If Mr Plod comes knocking, provide your name and address and STFU.


All this is true except the server can and does take down sites when there is a threat of suing.

AlphaNova had my forums net copped and he used Badfuckinazi's harmless posts to do it. AND I was paying $40 a month for the forum at the time.


THEN under the "smf for free" format I have now... all "mature" words are forcibly censored, even words like gamble, casino, cockatoo, bong post like this ****.


Top
Unread postPosted: May 16th, 2019, 8:37 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 38561
I don't write the laws in Canada.

Message board operators liable for defamatory posts says court: Baglow v. Smith
http://www.barrysookman.com/2015/03/01/ ... w-v-smith/


Top
Unread postPosted: May 16th, 2019, 4:09 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 24th, 2015, 7:57 pm
Posts: 22868
Nice try. Wrong law.

Forum owners have long been held liable for defamatory slander posted by members, as all publishers are.

This is not relevant to "hate speech".

_________________
Twenty two thousand, seven hundred and thirty one.


Top
Unread postPosted: May 16th, 2019, 4:22 pm 

Joined: April 15th, 2019, 10:01 pm
Posts: 233
Well there you go Fash, you should feel very comfortable now.

PillowTop, Managing partner at Shitsmears & Syphilis ESQ. has advised you pro Bono


Top
Unread postPosted: May 16th, 2019, 4:27 pm 

Joined: March 21st, 2018, 3:08 pm
Posts: 321
Why is he even encouraging it ?


Bricktop seems to enjoy the cross forum drama more than anyone.


Over here trying to bully the admin. Shame on him


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]