It is currently September 18th, 2019, 2:20 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 137 38 39 40 41 Next
 Post subject: Re: Asian Recipes
Unread postPosted: October 31st, 2018, 8:49 pm 

Garlic And Egg Fried Rice

Ingredients
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Egg
1 tsp Ginger, chopped
6-7 cloves garlic, mashed
1 Red chilli, chopped
2 Cups Rice, steamed
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tsp Soya sauce
1 tsp Coriander, chopped
2 tsp Spring onion, chopped

How to Make Garlic and Egg Fried Rice
1.Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and add the chopped garlic to it. Cook until light golden.
2.Now add a teaspoon of spring onion, ginger and red chilli. Saute for a minute.
3.Break an egg in the pan. Mix and cook until scrambled.
4.Then pour the steamed rice and combine well with the ingredients with light hands.
5.Add salt and black pepper powder and mix thoroughly pouring soya sauce over the rice.
6.Again add a teaspoon of spring onion to the rice and stir fry for a minute.
7.Transfer the hot and delicious fried rice in a bowl and serve hot garnished with spring onions and some coriander leaves. .

Unread postPosted: November 24th, 2018, 11:20 am 

Sticky Chinese pork stir-fry

INGREDIENTS
600g pork loin medallions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons Fountain Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
2 teaspoons fish sauce
200g packet dried rice stick noodles
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 carrot, halved, sliced diagonally
1 bunch baby pak choy, roughly chopped
250g snow peas, trimmed
1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup dry roasted cashews
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 long red chilli, sliced diagonally

METHOD
Step 1
Combine pork, sugar, soy sauce, five spice and fish sauce in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
Step 2
Cook rice stick noodles, following packet directions until tender. Drain well. Cover to keep warm.
Step 3
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir-fry pork, in 2 batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
Step 4
Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat. Stir-fry onion, ginger, garlic, capsicum and carrot for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add pork, pak choy, snow peas, stock and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until pork is cooked through and snow peas are tender. Top with cashews, onion and chilli. Serve with rice noodles.

Unread postPosted: December 17th, 2018, 8:58 pm 

Spicy steamed beef with rice

beef braising steak 500g

Thai fragrant rice 75g

star anise 1

cassia or cinnamon bark a small piece

For the marinade:

Sichuan chilli bean paste 1½ tbsp

fermented beancurd, mixed with its juices to a creamy consistency 1 tbsp

dark soy sauce 2 tsp

ginger 1 tbsp finely chopped

stock 4 tbsp

Shaoxing wine 2 tbsp

groundnut oil 3 tbsp

ground Sichuanese or Korean chillies (to taste) ½ tsp

ground roasted Sichuan pepper (to taste) ½ tsp

sesame oil 2 tsp

cloves of garlic, crushed and mixed with a little water and salt 2

spring onion greens 2 finely sliced

coriander leaves a small handful, torn

Directions:
Cut the beef against the grain into ½ cm thick slices. Place in a bowl with the marinade, and set aside.

In a dry wok, stir the rice, star anise and cassia or cinnamon over a moderate flame, until the grains are brittle and yellowish (10-15 minutes). Allow to cool, then grind in a liquidiser to a couscous consistency.

Add the rice meal to the beef, with 75ml cold water, mix well so the beef is evenly coated in rice meal. Place the beef in a heatproof bowl, put the bowl in a steamer and steam for about 2 hours.

Remove the bowl and scatter the beef with the chillies, Sichuan pepper, sesame oil, garlic, spring onions and coriander.

Unread postPosted: January 24th, 2019, 7:13 pm 

Beef & Broccoli Noodles

INGREDIENTS
12 oz. wide rice noodles or udon noodles
1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges for serving
1 tbsp. Sriracha
1 tsp. honey
3 tbsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
1 tbsp. cornstarch
3/4 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain, then rinse with cold water.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, Sriracha, honey, and 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, then whisk in cornstarch until smooth.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add steak and sear 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Stir in broccoli, mushrooms, and 2 tablespoons water and cook until tender, about 6 minutes more. Add sauce, simmer 3 minutes, then reduce heat to low and add cooked noodles. Toss until fully coated and warmed through.
Serve with lime wedges.

Unread postPosted: January 24th, 2019, 11:41 pm 

:thumbup: nice.

We had crab legs and steak for dinner....with little spanakopita. There was tuxedo cake for dessert. The kid cooked the steaks, it was awesome!

Unread postPosted: February 22nd, 2019, 9:51 pm 

Di San Xian (Fried Potato, Eggplant and Pepper in Garlic Sauce of Northern China

Ingredients
2 long eggplants
1/4 cup cornstarch for coating
1 potatoes , cut into thick slices
1 green pepper , cut into small pieces
1 green onion , chopped
2 garlic cloves , chopped
oil for frying

Stir-frying sauce
2 tbsp. light soy sauce
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. water

Instructions
Soak the eggplants in slightly salted water for 15 minutes. Drain completely and then coat evenly with a thin layer of cornstarch.

In a small bowl, mix all of the stir-frying sauce together.
Heat oil in wok (recommend adding more oil to fasten the process, do not worry, we will remove extra oil later) to form a 3 cm oil layer.
Place potatoes in and fry until well cooked. Then place the eggplant in and gently fry during the process until well cooked. Fry green pepper for 10 seconds.
Pour extra oil out and leave around 1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil in. Fry green onion and garlic until aromatic. Place the stir fry sauce in. Wait for a while until boiling. Place potato, green pepper and eggplants in. Fry until each piece is well coated.
Serve hot with steamed rice.

Unread postPosted: February 23rd, 2019, 2:52 am 

Looks yum, priscilla! :thumbup:

Have you got any simple Asian recipes for scallops and or prawns? Something easy to throw together with basic ingredients.

I've tried out various recipes from all over Asia but find that they call for shelf ingredients which I can't use up fast enough before they expire.

Unread postPosted: March 14th, 2019, 11:27 am 

I'm making ten minute Szechuan chicken tonight.

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/4 cup water1 teaspoon white sugar
3 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste

Directions
1.Place the chicken and cornstarch into a bag or bowl, and toss to coat. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken pieces and garlic, stirring constantly until lightly browned. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and water. Cover, and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer pink inside, 3 to 5 minutes.

2.Stir in the green onion, and cayenne pepper, cook uncovered for about 2 more minutes. Serve over white rice.

Unread postPosted: March 22nd, 2019, 7:56 pm 

Unread postPosted: March 23rd, 2019, 12:48 pm 

priscilla1961 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrOhfTvp0DQ

Easy peasy greasy.

Unread postPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 8:07 pm 

Pea Shoots and Chicken in Garlic Sauce

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch pea shoots, trimmed
3/4 cup chicken broth
salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:

Toss the strips of chicken breast with the cornstarch in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with the sesame oil and toss until evenly mixed.

Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir in the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in the pea shoots just until wilted; pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook and stir a few minutes until the chicken broth has thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
[img]https://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/614285.jpg[img]

Unread postPosted: May 8th, 2019, 7:52 pm 

Shrimp Lo Mein With Three Vegetables

Ingredients
1/2 pound raw shrimp (shelled and deveined)
2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 pound Chinese egg noodles
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, or as needed
1 red bell pepper
1 3.5 ounce can bamboo shoots
1/2 cup shredded Napa cabbage
2 or 3 slices ginger, to make 2 teaspoons
1/4 cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar, or to taste
6 tablespoons oil for stir-frying

Steps to Make It
Rinse the shrimp under warm running water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut in half lengthwise if desired. Add the rice wine and cornstarch to the shrimp, using chopsticks to mix it in. Marinate the shrimp for 15 minutes.

In a large saucepan, add enough water to cover the noodles and bring to a boil. Add the noodles, stirring to separate. Cook until the noodles are al dente - tender, but still firm. Drain thoroughly. Rinse with cold water, drain again and toss with the sesame oil.

Cut the red bell pepper in half, remove the seeds and cut into thin strips about 2-inches long. Rinse the bamboo shoots to remove any "tinny" taste. Drain and cut in half. Shred the cabbage. Mince the ginger until you have 2 teaspoons.

In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the sauce ingredients (chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar) and set aside.

Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and stir-fry briefly until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add the shrimp. Stir-fry until they turn pink. Remove from the wok.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the shredded cabbage and the bamboo shoots. Stir-fry for a minute and add the red bell pepper. Stir-fry for another minute and remove from the wok.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the wok. Add the noodles and the sauce. Reduce the heat to medium to give the noodles time to absorb the sauce. Add the shrimp and vegetables back into the pan. Heat through and serve hot.

Unread postPosted: June 22nd, 2019, 9:03 am 

Easy Garlic Ginger Glazed Sticky Pork

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds boneless center cut pork loin cut into 1/4-inch thick slabs, then 1/4-inch thick strips, about 3 inches long
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon canola or peanut oil plus extra if necessary
5 cloves garlic peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
2- inch knob of fresh ginger grated
1/2 cup mild honey
2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup sriracha or chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar

Instructions
In a liquid measuring cup or a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mild honey, sriracha, and rice wine vinegar. Set aside.
Pour the oil into a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium high heat and swirl to coat. Let it heat until it is shimmering. While the oil heats, sprinkle the pork strips with kosher salt and black pepper then toss with your hands to distribute it evenly. Carefully add the pork to the pan, working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Let the first side brown, flip the pieces with tongs or a spatula, and brown the second side. Transfer the pork to a plate.
Return the pan to the heat and add in the garlic and ginger. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Raise the heat to high and pour in the sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. When the sauce is very bubbly and thickened like warm honey, toss the pork back in and toss constantly to coat everything and reduce the sauce to a thick, sticky glaze on the pork. This can be served immediately over rice, noodles, or as finger food, or can be allowed to cool and be eaten cold.

Unread postPosted: June 22nd, 2019, 1:02 pm 

Looks tasty Priscilla.

Unread postPosted: July 18th, 2019, 6:14 pm 

Spinach and Tofu Dumplings

Ingredients

DUMPLINGS
5 ounces baby spinach (5 packed cups)
5 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/4-inch dice
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 small jalapeños, seeded and minced
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil Salt and freshly ground pepper
About 45 square wonton wrappers (from 1 package)

DIPPING SAUCE
1/4 cup plus
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
1 teaspoon honey

How to Make It

Step 1
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook for 20 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the spinach to a colander. When the spinach is cool enough to handle, squeeze it dry, then coarsely chop it. Keep the water hot.

Step 2
Transfer the spinach to a medium bowl and stir in the tofu, cornstarch, jalapeños, soy sauce and sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.

Step 3
Working with 4 wonton wrappers at a time, dampen the edges and mound 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold 1 corner of each up over the filling and seal to make triangles. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.

Step 4
In a small serving bowl, stir the soy sauce with the vinegar and honey.

Step 5
Return the water to a boil. Add the dumplings and simmer over moderate heat, stirring gently, until the edges are al dente, about 3 minutes. Carefully drain in a colander and transfer to a platter. Serve with the dipping sauce.

Unread postPosted: July 19th, 2019, 9:23 am 

All of a sudden I am craving stir-fry with broccoli or eggplant. I'll have to check out priscilla's posts. Everything looks yum!

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: July 19th, 2019, 9:25 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
All of a sudden I am craving stir-fry with broccoli or eggplant. I'll have to check out priscilla's posts. Everything looks yum!

Now, I am too.

Unread postPosted: July 28th, 2019, 11:27 am 

I'm making hoisin pork with rice noodles tonight.

INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
3.5 tablespoons sesame oil or canola oil
2 tablespoons honey + 1 tablespoon sugar
1 dash fish sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar + a squeeze of lime if you have it
5 cloves finely minced garlic
1 piece fresh grated ginger (1–2 tablespoons)
1 minced hot pepper (i.e. jalapeno, chili pepper, etc)
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
1 1/2 lbs. pork cut into thin strips (mine was called “pork stroganoff”)
9 oz. rice noodles
grated carrots, chopped scallions, chopped peanuts, cilantro

INSTRUCTIONS
Whisk all the sauce ingredients together (soy sauce, water, oil, honey, sugar, fish sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, peppers, hoisin, and peanut butter). You could also puree the sauce in a food processor to get the garlic, peppers, and ginger smooth.
Marinate the pork in the sauce overnight or for at least a few hours. I did mine overnight and then some, about 15 hours.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and stir-fry the pork until browned on the outside. I found that there wasn’t a whole lot of extra sauce after marinating, but I discarded the little bit that was left.
Cook your rice noodles according to package directions. Keep a little bit of liquid with the noodles to make sure it doesn’t dry out. Top with pork, carrots, scallions, peanuts, cilantro, and extra sauce of choice (more hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sweet chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, etc). This is definitely a build-your-own kind of thing – just throw whatever you like in there with the noodles.

Unread postPosted: August 10th, 2019, 4:37 am 

I'm making Japanese sesame chicken tonight for supper.

Ingredients
1/4 cup honey, plus 1 tablespoon
1/3 cup mirin, sweet Japanese rice wine
1/3 cup soy sauce , low sodium, or tamari
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced or flattened to ½-inch thick, (1½ -2 pounds)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon chives, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
zest of one lemon
vegetable oil, for grill

Directions
In a medium-sized bowl whisk sauce ingredients together; honey, mirin, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.

Add chicken to a large resealable plastic bag. Add minced garlic and ¼ cup of the sauce mix. Seal bag, removing excess air.
Use your hands to distribute the sauce and garlic evenly around the chicken. Leave at room temperature on the counter to marinate while making the sauce. If you aren’t going to cook the chicken right away, transfer to refrigerator for up to 1 day for marination.
Add remaining sauce to a medium-sized skillet.
Turn heat to medium-high and allow to cook and reduce by half until slightly thickened (not quite syrupy), about 8 to 10 minutes, with just over ⅓ cup sauce remaining. You want the sauce to be thick enough to glaze and stick to the chicken and not be runny. Set aside.
Heat grill over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of vegetable oil on a folded piece of paper towel, and then carefully grease the grill with the oil.
Once the grill is nice and hot, add chicken pieces. Cook chicken uncovered on each side until no longer pink (160-165°F), about 4-6 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
Flip over and baste chicken with some sauce. At the end of cooking brush with more sauce before serving.
In a small bowl mix sesame seeds, chives, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Sprinkle on top of chicken. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.

Unread postPosted: August 15th, 2019, 8:33 pm 

Sichuan Ramen Cup of Noodles with Cabbage & Tofu

Ingredients
6 teaspoons Sichuan chile-bean sauce (toban djan) or chile-garlic sauce
6 teaspoons tahini 1½ teaspoons reduced-sodium vegetable bouillon paste
1½ teaspoons Chinese rice wine
1½ teaspoons packed light brown sugar
¾ teaspoon black vinegar
3 cups shredded napa cabbage
9 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 1½ heaping cups)
¾ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns, coarsely ground
1½ cups cooked black or brown rice ramen noodles
1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
3 cups very hot water. divided

Preparation
Add 2 teaspoons each chile-bean sauce (or chile-garlic sauchttp://images.media-allrecipes.com/ ... 09281.jpge) and tahini, ½ teaspoon each bouillon paste, rice wine and brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon vinegar to each of three 1½-pint canning jars. Layer 1 cup cabbage, 3 ounces tofu (about ½ cup), ¼ teaspoon ground peppercorns and ½ cup ramen noodles into each jar. Top each with ½ teaspoon sesame seeds. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To prepare each jar: Add 1 cup very hot water to the jar, cover and shake until the seasonings are dissolved. Uncover and microwave on High in 1-minute increments until steaming hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir well. Let stand a few minutes before eating.
Tips: Great for flavoring soups, stews and sauces, bouillon paste has a spoonable consistency that makes it easy to portion just the amount you need. To keep sodium in check, opt for reduced-sodium offerings.
For 1½ cups cooked noodles, start with 3 to 4 ounces dry. Boil the noodles about 1 minute less than the package directions so they are slightly underdone. Drain and rinse well with cold water before assembling in jars.
Black vinegar—or ching-kiang vinegar—adds a rich, smoky flavor to many Chinese dishes. Look for it in Asian markets and specialty food shops. Balsamic, sherry or white vinegars can be used as substitutes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 137 38 39 40 41 Next