It is currently September 18th, 2019, 2:37 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4157 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1179 180 181 182 183208 Next
 Post subject: Re: Blazor
Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 7:01 am 

Fashionista wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
I hope he's a better fiddler than chopper.

I am the KING!!!

Blazor may disagree.

I think many would disagree :001_cool:

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 7:06 am 

Hey Kiebers, I also took your advice, and just kept with the beat, and kept playing :thumbup:

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 7:43 am 

Blazor wrote:
Hey Kiebers, I also took your advice, and just kept with the beat, and kept playing :thumbup:

And that really does work. Now to further break down things, in all fairness when I was first learning I may not have played as loud as I do now. Once I learned the basics I amped the volume up, but, I didn't play "too quiet" in the beginning either...LOL Thing is, as long as you keep the beat and know where the key changes, you can concentrate on playing the right note/chord when it does change. You may have to hesitate a little before the time to make sure you know when to change. I may be playing a G chord knowing that at a specific place I have to change to a C chord, so one or two beats before the change I start the change to make sure I hit the change on the right beat. As long as the timing is correct at the change no one will really notice the fact that you got quiet for a beat or two while making the change. Of course a fiddle and guitar are different but the concept will still work. Main thing is to have fun doing it.

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 9:07 am 

kiebers wrote:
Blazor wrote:

And that really does work. Now to further break down things, in all fairness when I was first learning I may not have played as loud as I do now. Once I learned the basics I amped the volume up, but, I didn't play "too quiet" in the beginning either...LOL Thing is, as long as you keep the beat and know where the key changes, you can concentrate on playing the right note/chord when it does change. You may have to hesitate a little before the time to make sure you know when to change. I may be playing a G chord knowing that at a specific place I have to change to a C chord, so one or two beats before the change I start the change to make sure I hit the change on the right beat. As long as the timing is correct at the change no one will really notice the fact that you got quiet for a beat or two while making the change. Of course a fiddle and guitar are different but the concept will still work. Main thing is to have fun doing it.

I know you play guitar, but do you play the violin or fiddle as Blazor calls it too?

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 9:50 am 

kiebers wrote:
Blazor wrote:

Thanks! Yeah I played a lil quiet before too, but not too quiet, if too quiet the tone doesnt come out right.

Oh I been having fun, believe me :laugh:

Its addictive! :35ivrxd:

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 9:55 am 

How's work going Blazor?

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 10:13 am 

seoulbro wrote:
I know you play guitar, but do you play the violin or fiddle as Blazor calls it too?

:laugh:

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 10:14 am 

seoulbro wrote:
How's work going Blazor?

Its going, we are rearranging while things are figured out. Open for at least 2-3 more months. After that, dont know.

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 10:17 am 

Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

My English vocabulary has changed since you joined us Blazor..

A barbeque is a grill(I still say you're wrong, lol), and a violin is a fiddle.

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 10:24 am 

Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
How's work going Blazor?

Its going, we are rearranging while things are figured out. Open for at least 2-3 more months. After that, dont know.

And there could be an extension after that if they get some work. Are you actively or passively looking for new opportunities?

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 3:28 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
I hope he's a better fiddler than chopper.

I am the KING!!!

Blazor may disagree.

I think many would disagree :001_cool:

My inbox is full of PM's from members here..."Do more. Do more"

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 5:59 pm 

seoulbro wrote:

Nope...just the guitar.

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 6:02 pm 

kiebers wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

Nope...just the guitar.

I am Korean and I don't play the violin. What the hell is wrong with me.

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 6:05 pm 

seoulbro wrote:
kiebers wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

Nope...just the guitar.

You are Korean and don't play the violin.

Next question.

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 7:04 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
kiebers wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

Nope...just the guitar.

You are Korean and don't play the violin.

Next question.

I suck at math. Just kidding. My parents would have disowned me if I was.

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 7:39 pm 

I HATE mathematics.

I HATE that the education system regards it as a critical subject.

It should be taught only as a niche subject to students who's ambition demands mathematical expertise. That, I think, is about 1%.

Unread postPosted: May 9th, 2019, 9:10 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
I HATE mathematics.

I HATE that the education system regards it as a critical subject.

It should be taught only as a niche subject to students who's ambition demands mathematical expertise. That, I think, is about 1%.

I never went to college or university and I have to make calculations all the time as a wellsite consultant.

Unread postPosted: May 10th, 2019, 1:49 am 

Yeah...like "three more days and another 10K in my bank account".

Unread postPosted: May 10th, 2019, 6:07 am 

Bricktop wrote:
Yeah...like "three more days and another 10K in my bank account".

Unread postPosted: May 10th, 2019, 6:29 am 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

My English vocabulary has changed since you joined us Blazor..

A barbeque is a grill(I still say you're wrong, lol), and a violin is a fiddle.

Glad to teach you some of the Southern ways lol. We speak all kinds of ways all over the U.S.

I still say its a regional thing, and that neither one of us is wrong :001_tongue:

And that a fiddle and violin are the same, just depends on what type of music you play on it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4157 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1179 180 181 182 183208 Next