It is currently December 10th, 2019, 10:30 am

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
Unread postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 4:22 pm 

Joined: October 29th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Posts: 125
Chinese hackers have gained access to designs of more than two dozen major U.S. weapons systems, a U.S. report said on Monday, as Australian media said Chinese hackers had stolen the blueprints for Australia's new spy headquarters.

Citing a report prepared for the Defence Department by the Defence Science Board, the Washington Post said the compromised U.S. designs included those for combat aircraft and ships, as well as missile defences vital for Europe, Asia and the Gulf.

Among the weapons listed in the report were the advanced Patriot missile system, the Navy's Aegis ballistic missile defence systems, the F/A-18 fighter jet, the V-22 Osprey, the Black Hawk helicopter, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and the navy’s new Littoral Combat Ship, which is designed to patrol waters close to shore

The report did not specify the extent or time of the cyber-thefts or indicate if they involved computer networks of the U.S. government, contractors or subcontractors.

But the espionage would give China knowledge that could be exploited in a conflict, such as the ability to knock out communications and corrupting data, the Post said. It also could speed China's development of its defence technology.

In a report to Congress this month, the Pentagon said China was using espionage to modernize its military and its hacking was a serious concern. It said the U.S. government had been the target of hacking that appeared to be "attributable directly to the Chinese government and military."

China dismissed the report as groundless.

China also dismissed as without foundation a February report by the U.S. computer security company Mandiant, which said a secretive Chinese military unit was probably behind a series of hacking attacks targeting the United States that had stolen data from 100 companies.

China's goal is to make Canada and Australia satellite states of China. The massive Chinese diaspora in both countries are only too happy to help.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 4:52 pm 

Joined: April 24th, 2013, 10:44 pm
Posts: 213
Let me guess. Old spy news story. That has been superseded by the Edward Snowden story. Sound like the modus operandi of the sinophobic conspiracy theory fruitcase, ConanDoyle.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 4:54 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
It would not surprise me that China would do that..

I don`t trust China at all.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 4:59 pm 

Joined: April 24th, 2013, 10:44 pm
Posts: 213
How about the trusting the US NSA?

Politics More: National Security Glenn Greenwald NSA Edward Snowden
GLENN GREENWALD: Even Low Level NSA Analysts Can Spy On Phone Calls And Emails
Jul. 28, 2013, 11:59 AM <<< Notice the date, unlike the racist sinophobic conspiracy theory nutcase, Lotus Leaf who keeps on dredging up old news stories.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/glenn-gr ... lls-2013-7


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 5:03 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Green_Hornet wrote:
How about the trusting the US NSA?

Politics More: National Security Glenn Greenwald NSA Edward Snowden
GLENN GREENWALD: Even Low Level NSA Analysts Can Spy On Phone Calls And Emails
Jul. 28, 2013, 11:59 AM
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/glenn-gr ... lls-2013-7

They are not bad as Chinese hackers with their use of intellectual property theft.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 5:08 pm 

Joined: April 24th, 2013, 10:44 pm
Posts: 213
Not as bad? Huh.
The Europeans are pretty mad at the NSA.

EU reevaluating data sharing agreement with US in wake of NSA leaks
"Safe Harbor" tries to bridge gap between EU and US data privacy laws.

by Cyrus Farivar - July 25 2013, 9:15am PST
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013 ... nsa-leaks/


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 5:18 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Green_Hornet wrote:
Not as bad? Huh.
The Europeans are pretty mad at the NSA.

EU reevaluating data sharing agreement with US in wake of NSA leaks
"Safe Harbor" tries to bridge gap between EU and US data privacy laws.

by Cyrus Farivar - July 25 2013, 9:15am PST
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013 ... nsa-leaks/

Not as bad as China's stealing.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 28th, 2013, 5:46 pm 

Joined: October 29th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Posts: 125
Look at the way that sneaky little squinty eyed spy Green Hornet tries to deflect any legitimate criticism away from his bosses in China. Go back to China and stay there.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: August 4th, 2013, 4:40 pm 

Joined: October 29th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Posts: 125
http://thechronicleherald.ca/opinion/14 ... -the-start
In 2010, Canada’s top spy warned about foreign snoops operating in Canada and seeking influence with Canadian politicians. Richard Fadden, director of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, made the comment in apparent reference to the Chinese.

Fadden clammed up about Beijing specifically, probably because his political masters didn’t want to rock the boat. But then last month, with Fadden still in charge, the CSIS annual report formally warned about foreign interference in Canadian business through takeovers or outright spying.

While not naming China in the report made public, CSIS says foreign companies operating in Canada could be connected to hostile governments or foreign intelligence agencies. CSIS suspects foreign competitors might be getting “clandestine intelligence support for their pursuits here.” Or they might buy access by gaining control of Canadian firms.

There’s also a cheap route: cyber-espionage. CSIS says computer networks run by the federal government and by the aerospace, petroleum and high technology industries are under frequent attack, as is university research. “State-sponsored attackers are also seeking any information which will give their domestic companies a competitive edge over Canadian firms,” CSIS says.

And it’s happening all over the country. A former government official told me that Chinese spies are active here in Halifax, with special interest in military activities and the many resident defence, aerospace and technology companies.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: August 4th, 2013, 5:14 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Lotus Leaf wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/opinion/148392-leger-chinese-spying-in-canada-this-is-just-the-start
In 2010, Canada’s top spy warned about foreign snoops operating in Canada and seeking influence with Canadian politicians. Richard Fadden, director of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, made the comment in apparent reference to the Chinese.

Fadden clammed up about Beijing specifically, probably because his political masters didn’t want to rock the boat. But then last month, with Fadden still in charge, the CSIS annual report formally warned about foreign interference in Canadian business through takeovers or outright spying.

While not naming China in the report made public, CSIS says foreign companies operating in Canada could be connected to hostile governments or foreign intelligence agencies. CSIS suspects foreign competitors might be getting “clandestine intelligence support for their pursuits here.” Or they might buy access by gaining control of Canadian firms.

There’s also a cheap route: cyber-espionage. CSIS says computer networks run by the federal government and by the aerospace, petroleum and high technology industries are under frequent attack, as is university research. “State-sponsored attackers are also seeking any information which will give their domestic companies a competitive edge over Canadian firms,” CSIS says.

And it’s happening all over the country. A former government official told me that Chinese spies are active here in Halifax, with special interest in military activities and the many resident defence, aerospace and technology companies.

This doesn't surprise me about China..

That country cannot be trusted.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 24th, 2019, 1:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12687
Spying ‘disturbing’
Oz politician shocked by alleged China meddling

MELBOURNE — A senior Australian politician Saturday said he was disturbed by the reported efforts of China to infiltrate politics in Australia, Hong Kong and Taiwan detailed by an asylum seeker who said he was a Chinese spy.

Resource-rich Australia’s ties with its most important trading partner, China, have deteriorated in recent years, amid accusations that Beijing is meddling in domestic affairs.

“These are very disturbing reports,” said Australian Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, adding that government law agencies were dealing with the matter.

The defector, named as Wang “William” Liqiang by the Age newspaper, gave a sworn statement to the Australian Security Intelligence Organization (ASIO), identifying China’s senior military intelligence officers in Hong Kong, the newspaper said.

He has also purportedly revealed details of how China funds and conducts political interference in Taiwan and Australia, the Age reported.

Police in Shanghai, responding to the Australian report, said Wang was a 26-year-old unemployed man from the eastern province of Fujian and was wanted in connection with a fraud case.

On April 10, he went to Hong Kong carrying a fraudulent Chinese passport and Hong Kong permanent residency card, they added.

Wang had previously been convicted of fraud in 2016 in Fujian, Shanghai police said.

Reuters reported before Australia’s election in May that Australian intelligence had determined China was responsible for a cyber-attack on its national parliament and three largest political parties.

China denies the accusations.

Wang said he was a part of an intelligence operation within a Hong Kong-listed company that infiltrated universities and media, the Age said.

“I have personally been involved and participated in a series of espionage activities,” it cited Wang as saying in his October statement to the intelligence agency.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 24th, 2019, 3:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2018, 11:04 am
Posts: 2108
seoulbro wrote:
Spying ‘disturbing’
Oz politician shocked by alleged China meddling

MELBOURNE — A senior Australian politician Saturday said he was disturbed by the reported efforts of China to infiltrate politics in Australia, Hong Kong and Taiwan detailed by an asylum seeker who said he was a Chinese spy.

Resource-rich Australia’s ties with its most important trading partner, China, have deteriorated in recent years, amid accusations that Beijing is meddling in domestic affairs.

“These are very disturbing reports,” said Australian Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, adding that government law agencies were dealing with the matter.

The defector, named as Wang “William” Liqiang by the Age newspaper, gave a sworn statement to the Australian Security Intelligence Organization (ASIO), identifying China’s senior military intelligence officers in Hong Kong, the newspaper said.

He has also purportedly revealed details of how China funds and conducts political interference in Taiwan and Australia, the Age reported.

Police in Shanghai, responding to the Australian report, said Wang was a 26-year-old unemployed man from the eastern province of Fujian and was wanted in connection with a fraud case.

On April 10, he went to Hong Kong carrying a fraudulent Chinese passport and Hong Kong permanent residency card, they added.

Wang had previously been convicted of fraud in 2016 in Fujian, Shanghai police said.

Reuters reported before Australia’s election in May that Australian intelligence had determined China was responsible for a cyber-attack on its national parliament and three largest political parties.

China denies the accusations.

Wang said he was a part of an intelligence operation within a Hong Kong-listed company that infiltrated universities and media, the Age said.

“I have personally been involved and participated in a series of espionage activities,” it cited Wang as saying in his October statement to the intelligence agency.

Apparently this happens in Canada all the time. The Liberal party of Canada has been infiltrated by Chinese fifth columnists.

_________________
The Russian Rock It


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 25th, 2019, 4:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 1059
The pan blue side in Taiwan has had mainland infiltrators for decades now.

_________________
https://www.santasanonymous.ca/


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 25th, 2019, 7:00 am 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16328
Gaon wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Spying ‘disturbing’
Oz politician shocked by alleged China meddling

MELBOURNE — A senior Australian politician Saturday said he was disturbed by the reported efforts of China to infiltrate politics in Australia, Hong Kong and Taiwan detailed by an asylum seeker who said he was a Chinese spy.

Resource-rich Australia’s ties with its most important trading partner, China, have deteriorated in recent years, amid accusations that Beijing is meddling in domestic affairs.

“These are very disturbing reports,” said Australian Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, adding that government law agencies were dealing with the matter.

The defector, named as Wang “William” Liqiang by the Age newspaper, gave a sworn statement to the Australian Security Intelligence Organization (ASIO), identifying China’s senior military intelligence officers in Hong Kong, the newspaper said.

He has also purportedly revealed details of how China funds and conducts political interference in Taiwan and Australia, the Age reported.

Police in Shanghai, responding to the Australian report, said Wang was a 26-year-old unemployed man from the eastern province of Fujian and was wanted in connection with a fraud case.

On April 10, he went to Hong Kong carrying a fraudulent Chinese passport and Hong Kong permanent residency card, they added.

Wang had previously been convicted of fraud in 2016 in Fujian, Shanghai police said.

Reuters reported before Australia’s election in May that Australian intelligence had determined China was responsible for a cyber-attack on its national parliament and three largest political parties.

China denies the accusations.

Wang said he was a part of an intelligence operation within a Hong Kong-listed company that infiltrated universities and media, the Age said.

“I have personally been involved and participated in a series of espionage activities,” it cited Wang as saying in his October statement to the intelligence agency.

Apparently this happens in Canada all the time. The Liberal party of Canada has been infiltrated by Chinese fifth columnists.

Chinese students in Canada do China's bidding for them.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 12:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12687
Like it or not, China is now our enemy
And it’s long past time that Trudeau said so


Dec. 10 will mark the one-year anniversary since China unjustly imprisoned Canadian diplomat Michael Kovrig and Canadian businessman Michael Spavor.

That was in retaliation for Canada nine days earlier honouring its extradition treaty with the United States by detaining Meng Wanzhou, CFO of the giant Chinese telecom company, Huawei Technologies, at Vancouver International Airport.

She’s wanted by the Americans on charges of conspiracy to commit bank and wire fraud intended to violate American sanctions against Iran.

Wanzhou denies the allegations and her case could take years to resolve.

She is out on $10-million bail, living in one of her multi-million-dollar mansions in Vancouver, free to roam the city between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., provided she wears a GPS ankle bracelet and is accompanied by court-approved monitors.

By contrast, Kovrig and Spavor have been in jail since they were arrested and charged with espionage.

They have reportedly been subjected to repeated interrogations in rooms where the lights are never turned off.

According to the Globe and Mail, Chinese authorities, apparently out of sheer pettiness and vindictiveness, even confiscated Kovrig’s reading glasses.

While Canadian consular officials are allowed to visit Kovrig and Spavor monthly for 30 minutes, they’ve been denied access to their families and lawyers.

In its escalating campaign to force Canada to free Wanzhou, Chinese officials have accused Canada of “white supremacy” in its diplomatic efforts to get Kovrig and Spavor released and imposed trade bans on key Canadian exports.

They have told Canada to shut up about China’s thuggery while it crushes democracy in Hong Kong, as it previously crushed the people of Tibet and the Muslim Uighurs of China’s Xinjiang province.

In light of all this, the one-year anniversary of Kovrig’s and Spavor’s incarceration would be a good day for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to walk back Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan’s recent pronouncement at a security conference in Halifax that: “We don’t consider China as an adversary.”

We don’t? As Postmedia’s Terry Glavin wrote in a recent article in Maclean’s, security experts in Canada and around the world, as well as the Obama and Trump administrations, have identified both the Chinese government and Huawei Technologies — founded by Wanzhou’s father and company CEO Ren Zhengfei — as potential security and espionage threats to Canada and other democracies. While China and Huawei deny these allegations, the one-year anniversary of Kovrig’s and Spavor’s imprisonment by China’s dictators would also be a good day for Trudeau to announce Canada has rejected Huawei’s bid to develop our next-generation 5G network technology, to be used in everything from wireless communication devices, to electric cars to power grids.

To be fair, the Trudeau government is between a rock and a hard place when it comes to China.

We can’t go to war to get it to stop acting like a rogue nation and the Canadian government has to maintain diplomatic relations with it in the interests of both our economy and Canadians living in China.

But we could stop bowing before it, whether by appointing grovelling Canadian ambassadors to China going back to former Liberal cabinet minister John Mccallum, or by having a Liberal cabinet minister posting pictures of herself on Twitter happily eating ice cream in Beijing, while China crushes democracy in

Hong Kong.

Finally, the one-year anniversary of China’s jailing of Kovrig and Spavor, would be a good day for Trudeau to announce he no longer admires China’s “basic dictatorship.”

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]