It is currently December 6th, 2019, 8:09 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 10:58 am 

Blazor wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Drove the Mrs to work, hit Walmart early as they opened at 6; got the free $20 Gift card at PetSmart, ordered a new washer and dryer at The Bay. Free shipping on orders today, and they sent me a $50 off email too... Hit the grocery store, they price match another stores flyer prices... Keeping the economy moving!

I don't like peopling...and esp not at this time...too many people. I did get my kid a Beats Pill for xmas, but I sent my people to go buy it. I'm not putting myself in that. I did however, braved IKEA and bought the kid bedroom furnature of her choice (birthday gift). I've also already ordered xmas gifts online for the kid. I have half of them delivered already and the rest should arrive by next week. I'm done with that. Im not putting myself in busy xmas hubbub.

I need Purdy's chocolates for a stocking stuffer, I'll brave the mall in a few weeks to grab some.

Your best chance to brave the mall, is after Black Friday weekend, like Monday - Thursday. Most folks that havent spent their money on Black Friday, will be at home spending on Monday for Cyber Monday. After that, folks are tapped, and there wont be many folks at the mall til Friday again. After that, you're fucked. The malls will get busier and busier up until Christmas. Its only 3 1/2 weeks til Christmas!

The big discounts here Boxing Week sales after Christmas. They often extend to the end of the first week of January.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 12:06 pm 

seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Drove the Mrs to work, hit Walmart early as they opened at 6; got the free $20 Gift card at PetSmart, ordered a new washer and dryer at The Bay. Free shipping on orders today, and they sent me a $50 off email too... Hit the grocery store, they price match another stores flyer prices... Keeping the economy moving!

I don't like peopling...and esp not at this time...too many people. I did get my kid a Beats Pill for xmas, but I sent my people to go buy it. I'm not putting myself in that. I did however, braved IKEA and bought the kid bedroom furnature of her choice (birthday gift). I've also already ordered xmas gifts online for the kid. I have half of them delivered already and the rest should arrive by next week. I'm done with that. Im not putting myself in busy xmas hubbub.

I need Purdy's chocolates for a stocking stuffer, I'll brave the mall in a few weeks to grab some.

Your best chance to brave the mall, is after Black Friday weekend, like Monday - Thursday. Most folks that havent spent their money on Black Friday, will be at home spending on Monday for Cyber Monday. After that, folks are tapped, and there wont be many folks at the mall til Friday again. After that, you're fucked. The malls will get busier and busier up until Christmas. Its only 3 1/2 weeks til Christmas!

The big discounts here Boxing Week sales after Christmas. They often extend to the end of the first week of January.

To me, that makes more sense in a way, gives folks a chance to use their gift cards lol. Because lets be honest, most folks shop for themselves on Black Friday lol.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 12:19 pm 

Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:
Superchecker wrote:

To me, that makes more sense in a way, gives folks a chance to use their gift cards lol. Because lets be honest, most folks shop for themselves on Black Friday lol.

When I was in high school, stores wouldn't allow gift cards to be used for Boxing Day sales..

The provincial government made that practice illegal about twenty five years ago.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 5:35 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:
Superchecker wrote:

When I was in high school, stores wouldn't allow gift cards to be used for Boxing Day sales..

The provincial government made that practice illegal about twenty five years ago.

Well thats messed up. Cause someone paid CASH in advance for someone, and yet that CASH is not honored!? Im gonna start callin' y'all Coocoo Canada lol.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 6:05 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:
Superchecker wrote:

I remember boxing day sales back then...I wouldn't even call them sales...it was all false advertising. They'd paper up the store windows so you can't see in and then stand in line forever...only to get into the store and find out only one or a not many items were actually on sale. It was a waste of time.

If I really, really want something, I will save for it and just purchase it, no sale needed. Black Friday, boxing day, etc is just a way to get people to buy. Its not worth it. Just balance your money thru the year and pay attention to your finances, don't make stupid decisions...it's as simple as that.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 6:16 pm 

A coworker worked at The Bay back in the early 90's to mid 90's. The downtown location. They would jack up the prices weeks before Boxing Day. Back then people didn't have the internet to research and compare prices.

Unread postPosted: December 1st, 2019, 9:44 am 

TheVancouverGuy wrote:
A coworker worked at The Bay back in the early 90's to mid 90's. The downtown location. They would jack up the prices weeks before Boxing Day. Back then people didn't have the internet to research and compare prices.

That would not have worked for big ticket items like tv's or furniture.

Unread postPosted: December 1st, 2019, 11:20 am 

TheVancouverGuy wrote:

The Bay is a little too expensive.

Unread postPosted: December 1st, 2019, 5:29 pm 

I am thinking about getting an eighty two inch tv.

Unread postPosted: December 1st, 2019, 8:59 pm 

Herman wrote:

Do you have a big room for it?

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 9:49 am 

He is gonna put in the barn... Watch it with the heifers..

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 9:51 am 

Odinson wrote:

Possibly.
ac_umm

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 9:51 am 

Herman wrote:

I like that idea ac_cool If not I'd recommend a 4k projector for movie nights with your family.

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 10:17 am 

Zetsu wrote:
Herman wrote:

I like that idea ac_cool If not I'd recommend a 4k projector for movie nights with your family.

You have a big house Zetsu..

Do you have big tv's too?

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 11:43 am 

Odinson wrote:

That is no way to talk about Herman's wife and girlfriends.

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 4:56 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
Herman wrote:

My home isn't really that big, but we do have a 64" plasma tv in our family room and a 100" projector screen in the basement.

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 4:59 pm 

Zetsu wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
Herman wrote:

My home isn't really that big, but we do have a 64" plasma tv in our family room and a 100" projector screen in the basement.

Do they still make plasma tv's?

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 5:01 pm 

My family purchased a few stuff, my eldest brother bought a oasis kindle, my 2nd brother ordered like 10 box of lego kits on amazon, my mom bought a dyson vacuum, while got a peak design 45l backpack and some google nest door cam, smart speaker with a screen and a thermostat for the workshop and a few other crap I can't remember atm, lol.

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 5:05 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
Herman wrote:

Not anymore now it's taken over my OLED, mines was one of the last plasma model available made by Samsung.

Unread postPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 5:14 pm 

Zetsu wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Zetsu wrote:
Herman wrote:

Not anymore now it's taken over my OLED, mines was one of the last plasma model available made by Samsung.

Our last plasma tv was bought in 2010.

We have an LED now.