It is currently December 8th, 2019, 3:43 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 7:51 am 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
You're up early for Thanksgiving holiday Blazor.

Only cause I passed out last night, and I still gotta make that pumpkin roll, which takes time lol. After that all I gotta make is my baked beans. I have to leave at 1:30 to go meet up with the lady and eat at her moms at 2:30.

And then turkey, stuffing and gravy.

Yup lol. And sweet potato casserole!

I'll be doing a dinner on Sunday, since my son was given a 23lb turkey from work. Dont know what Im gonna do with all the leftover besides turkey sammiches all week lol. I'll invite a few family members and friends over too.

Ask Fash what to do with the leftovers. She can make a gourmet dinner from the stuff that falls off the turkey and sticks to the pan.

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 9:15 am 

seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:

Only cause I passed out last night, and I still gotta make that pumpkin roll, which takes time lol. After that all I gotta make is my baked beans. I have to leave at 1:30 to go meet up with the lady and eat at her moms at 2:30.

I'll be doing a dinner on Sunday, since my son was given a 23lb turkey from work. Dont know what Im gonna do with all the leftover besides turkey sammiches all week lol. I'll invite a few family members and friends over too.

Ask Fash what to do with the leftovers. She can make a gourmet dinner from the stuff that falls off the turkey and sticks to the pan.

I thought about that lol. Maybe she will chime in ac_smile

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 12:19 pm 

My sister makes a mean turkey stew from the dark meat and gravy.

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 4:29 pm 

Velvet wrote:
Most Americans will get four days off. Enjoy them, eat lots and take advantage of your Black Friday sales.

Thank you, Velvet! :thumbup:

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 4:50 pm 

Thanks Velvet and everyone....
A really good day today. All that prep work I was doing for today...we did nothing with. LOL Out of the blue got a last minute invite to go eat with grand daughters family. Decided we could cook ours tomorrow, and went. Had a great time. It was 70 F and after eating we sat outside and visited for a few hours. We will cook ours tomorrow. Gonna be lots of leftovers...LOL

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 5:16 pm 

kiebers wrote:
A really good day today. All that prep work I was doing for today...we did nothing with. LOL Out of the blue got a last minute invite to go eat with grand daughters family. Decided we could cook ours tomorrow, and went. Had a great time. It was 70 F and after eating we sat outside and visited for a few hours. We will cook ours tomorrow. Gonna be lots of leftovers...LOL

That's good you could postpone your feast..

I wouldn't be able to do that.

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 6:09 pm 

Black Friday has become a thing here in Canada. Any Canadians or Americans gonna go stomp some people tomorrow?

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 6:26 pm 

TheVancouverGuy wrote:
Black Friday has become a thing here in Canada. Any Canadians or Americans gonna go stomp some people tomorrow?

I bought a FitBit watch online.

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 7:49 pm 

TheVancouverGuy wrote:

We bought a sixty inch RCA tv from Walmart.

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 7:55 pm 

Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:

What do you have leftover, white or dark meat?

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 8:46 am 

Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

It was one of those, 'grand daughter is in town and it may be the only chance you have to see her', kind of things. We did arrange a Saturday lunch date. ac_dance She heads back to school Sunday.

We are in full cooking mode this morning. Dressing is still soaking up a little of the broth but it will be going in soon. Beans are cooking. Peeling potatoes. Cranberry sauce is made. Turkey breast is cooked, just need to pop it back in the oven to warm up. A few other things to do.

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 9:03 am 

kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

It was one of those, 'grand daughter is in town and it may be the only chance you have to see her', kind of things. We did arrange a Saturday lunch date. ac_dance She heads back to school Sunday.

We are in full cooking mode this morning. Dressing is still soaking up a little of the broth but it will be going in soon. Beans are cooking. Peeling potatoes. Cranberry sauce is made. Turkey breast is cooked, just need to pop it back in the oven to warm up. A few other things to do.

I am crashing your meal kiebs. I hear it is warm and sunny in Houston, so I will be bringing my golf clubs. Don't worry, I will bring a bottle of single malt Scotch too.

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 2:49 pm 

I am an American in Canada so I did not have turkey. I had turkey last month so I want to take a break before having it again next month for the birth of Muhammad, oooppps, I mean Jesus.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 2:54 pm 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
I am an American in Canada so I did not have turkey. I had turkey last month so I want to take a break before having it again next month for the birth of Muhammad, oooppps, I mean Jesus.

You won't slit a goat's throat, you islamophobe.

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 4:26 pm 

seoulbro wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

I am crashing your meal kiebs. I hear it is warm and sunny in Houston, so I will be bringing my golf clubs. Don't worry, I will bring a bottle of single malt Scotch too.

Yep had to turn the AC on today, I'm sure there were a lot of golfers out today escaping to the links.
I do like a good scotch but it's been awhile. I have a good tequila. We can trade..LOL

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 5:43 pm 

kiebers wrote:

Awesome man :thumbup:

Sounds good at 70!

Lets see, I ate turkey, stuffing, gravy, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, rolls, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, baked beans and ham. I havent had much dessert honestly.

I'll be making a turkey dinner Sunday for family and friends.

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 5:44 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:

What do you have leftover, white or dark meat?

Prolly be both! But most the white meat will get eaten that night, or for sammiches. So prolly more leftover dark meat. Its a 23lb turkey!

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 5:47 pm 

kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Sounds good man :thumbup:

My "plan" for Sunday will be turkey, gravy, corn bread stuffing, mashed taters, mac and cheese, green beans, corn, and rolls. I'll make another pumpkin roll, and the lady made a pecan pie.

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 5:48 pm 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:

lol

I'll be doing ham for Christmas.

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 5:49 pm 

kiebers wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Yep had to turn the AC on today, I'm sure there were a lot of golfers out today escaping to the links.
I do like a good scotch but it's been awhile. I have a good tequila. We can trade..LOL

I was drinking Gentleman Jack, now Im drinking Maple Bacon Moonshine :laugh:

ac_drinks

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next