It is currently January 19th, 2020, 6:58 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1465 posts ]  Go to page Previous 169 70 71 72 73 74 Next
 Post subject: Re: Helter-Skelter
Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2020, 7:50 pm 

Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
I got a ten minute commute from my condo to my office. Jealous Blazor. ac_razz

:laugh:

I am! That is the worst part about this job, the drive.

When I delivered pizzas, I was only 15 minutes from work. Close enough, that if I did a delivery on the far side of town, I could almost swing by the house lol.

We've been over this before, but I don't know why you commute that far for such low wages. I live about fifty minutes North of Toronto and I know many people who make that commute everyday. But, they earn a minimum of six figures. Less than that and it isn't worth it.

I know :sad:

Hopefully things will get better this year.

Can you do anything else besides the printing trade?

Im a quick learner at anything!

Im a graphic designer, but they aint in demand here. Also Im a damn good driver, but dont have a CDL, nor want one.

Sad thing is, I dont even know what I wanna do anymore. And starting anywhere requires a pay cut usually.

How can you go much lower than the wage you are making now.

Its the area. Low wages everywhere.

Remind me again where you live?

Hey Thiel :JC_howdy:

Im in the Southwest part of Virginia, Roanoke area.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2020, 7:57 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

When I delivered pizzas, I was only 15 minutes from work. Close enough, that if I did a delivery on the far side of town, I could almost swing by the house lol.

We've been over this before, but I don't know why you commute that far for such low wages. I live about fifty minutes North of Toronto and I know many people who make that commute everyday. But, they earn a minimum of six figures. Less than that and it isn't worth it.

Im a graphic designer, but they aint in demand here. Also Im a damn good driver, but dont have a CDL, nor want one.

Sad thing is, I dont even know what I wanna do anymore. And starting anywhere requires a pay cut usually.

That's right. You did tell me that before.

I was in Colorado, Utah and Arizona recently. They all seem to be a job seeker's market.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2020, 8:18 pm 

Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

I was in Colorado, Utah and Arizona recently. They all seem to be a job seeker's market.

I gotcha. In Northern VA things are booming. Here it seems jobs are coming back, but wages are stagnant for the most part.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2020, 8:25 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

I gotcha. In Northern VA things are booming. Here it seems jobs are coming back, but wages are stagnant for the most part.

The Southern part of the state is growing, but starting from further behind.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2020, 8:27 pm 

Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

Pretty much lol. We were coming along fairly good, til the Obama era, then places started closing up and moving out of the area. Feels like its making a comeback, but very slow.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2020, 8:34 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

Pretty much lol. We were coming along fairly good, til the Obama era, then places started closing up and moving out of the area. Feels like its making a comeback, but very slow.

Comebacks from a a prolonged downturn move at a snail's pace. I hope you are able to find a better job without moving.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2020, 8:40 pm 

Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

Comebacks from a a prolonged downturn move at a snail's pace. I hope you are able to find a better job without moving.

Thanks Thiel!

I've been here all my life, I love it here. Not the city mind you, but being surrounded by forestry and mountains.

My brother chose to move to Seattle, my friend I grew up with moved to Florida, and now my best friend is moving to Myrtle Beach. Sucks. Such is life though.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2020, 8:51 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

Thanks Thiel!

I've been here all my life, I love it here. Not the city mind you, but being surrounded by forestry and mountains.

My brother chose to move to Seattle, my friend I grew up with moved to Florida, and now my best friend is moving to Myrtle Beach. Sucks. Such is life though.

Moving is expensive. It only makes sense if you are unemployed or you have a much better paying job lined up.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 6:30 am 

Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

Thanks Thiel!

Moving is expensive. It only makes sense if you are unemployed or you have a much better paying job lined up.

My brother got the better paying job, my best friend wound up unemployed lol. Wasnt his fault, cant believe they did him like they did after he had been there 31 years.

But you're right man.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 7:22 am 

Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Blazor wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

Thanks Thiel!

My brother got the better paying job, my best friend wound up unemployed lol. Wasnt his fault, cant believe they did him like they did after he had been there 31 years.

But you're right man.

You have a friend that was terminated after thirty one years at the same company?

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 8:08 am 

I do not know what to post.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 8:17 am 

Fashionista wrote:
You have a friend that was terminated after thirty one years at the same company?

Yup, he was the supervisor, running a control panel, and an idiot that only been there a year did something stupid, and got hurt. OSHA got involved and action had to be taken.

He was told he could get his job back after a time period, but he said fuck 'em.

This guy is the hardest working guy I know. Would work double or triple shifts, over 80 hours a week, never called in. They were stupid to let him go.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 8:17 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
I do not know what to post.

Just be spontaneous ac_dance

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 8:25 am 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:

Yup, he was the supervisor, running a control panel, and an idiot that only been there a year did something stupid, and got hurt. OSHA got involved and action had to be taken.

He was told he could get his job back after a time period, but he said fuck 'em.

This guy is the hardest working guy I know. Would work double or triple shifts, over 80 hours a week, never called in. They were stupid to let him go.

They don't like or appreciate that kind of dedication....they fear it....

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 9:58 am 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:

Canada prides itself on being a global leader in occupational health and safety. Unfortunately, if there is an incident here that causes a lost time injury somebody WILL be held responsible, even if they are not at fault.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 10:54 am 

Dinky Dazza wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:

Yup, cause they would rather have a high turn over with low paying employees. This is why products we buy are becoming more and more SHIT. Experienced employees are getting rare.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 10:59 am 

Blazor wrote:
Dinky Dazza wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:

Yup, cause they would rather have a high turn over with low paying employees. This is why products we buy are becoming more and more SHIT. Experienced employees are getting rare.

The relationship between employers and employees has changed, that is obvious. But, experience is valuable and training is expensive.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2020, 10:05 pm 

It's winter, but we are still busy at work.

Unread postPosted: January 10th, 2020, 6:15 am 

Gaon wrote:
It's winter, but we are still busy at work.

Do you work inside or outside?

I think in your trade, you work inside..

I feel so sorry for anyone who has to work outside here..

We're entering a prolonged period of highs in the mid twenties.
:ohmy:

Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2020, 9:00 am 

Does anybody know anything about computers?

Like whats good and whats the decent price for it...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1465 posts ]  Go to page Previous 169 70 71 72 73 74 Next