It is currently December 12th, 2019, 4:22 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 3:52 pm 

Nope, it's not Groundhog Day.

They have to do it all again because nobody wanted to get into bed with Benjamin.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 9:25 pm 

Bricktop wrote:

They have to do it all again because nobody wanted to get into bed with Benjamin.

Oh my goodness..
:ohmy:
I wonder where Gaon is..

This is surprising.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 9:28 pm 

Maybe queuing at the polling booth?

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 9:30 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Maybe queuing at the polling booth?

He had a change in jobs recently that likely means less time to post.

Unread postPosted: May 29th, 2019, 11:48 pm 

Bricktop wrote:

That didn't last long.

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 11:17 am 

This is the first time in Israel's history that a prime minister-designate has failed to form a coalition.

At the heart of the impasse was a military conscription bill governing exemptions for ultra-Orthodox Jewish seminary students.

Bibi clashed with former Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman, who is my candidate, and whose support was vital.

Mr Lieberman, from the nationalist Yisrael Beitenu party, had made it a condition of allying with ultra-Orthodox Jewish parties that they change their military draft exemptions.

Netanyahu pushed for new elections to prevent Israeli President Reuven Rivlin selecting another member of parliament to try to form a government.

A new election will be held in September.

Unread postPosted: May 30th, 2019, 4:58 pm 

Gaon wrote:
This is the first time in Israel's history that a prime minister-designate has failed to form a coalition.

At the heart of the impasse was a military conscription bill governing exemptions for ultra-Orthodox Jewish seminary students.

Bibi clashed with former Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman, who is my candidate, and whose support was vital.

Mr Lieberman, from the nationalist Yisrael Beitenu party, had made it a condition of allying with ultra-Orthodox Jewish parties that they change their military draft exemptions.

Netanyahu pushed for new elections to prevent Israeli President Reuven Rivlin selecting another member of parliament to try to form a government.

It must be hard to form a coalition between secularists and ultra religious parties. The latter probably are not going to compromise.

Unread postPosted: May 31st, 2019, 12:17 pm 

seoulbro wrote:
Gaon wrote:

It must be hard to form a coalition between secularists and ultra religious parties. The latter probably are not going to compromise.

But, the two sides have compromised before.

Unread postPosted: June 1st, 2019, 10:21 am 

Avigdor Lieberman could be kingmaker or kingbreaker after September's election.

Netanyahu’s coalition options will be reduced, with the ultra-Orthodox and the religious right his only potential partners. Far from being a potential ally, we all now know that Liberman, his former top aide, defense minister and foreign minister, is a resolute and potent political enemy.

Netanyahu has made clear since the Liberman-engineered fiasco of his bid to build a coalition that he will do everything in his power to try to prevent Yisrael Beytenu winning enough votes to get back into the Knesset and haunt him again. But a first new set of polls, taken on Thursday, suggest this will be impossible. Liberman is on the rise.

Unread postPosted: June 1st, 2019, 4:57 pm 

The people shall decide.

Unread postPosted: June 1st, 2019, 5:34 pm 

It must be nice to have two good candidates to pick from Lieberman and Netanyahu. We usually don't even have one (at least we didn't before Trump). I'm envious.

Unread postPosted: June 1st, 2019, 9:10 pm 

Wazzzup wrote:
It must be nice to have two good candidates to pick from Lieberman and Netanyahu. We usually don't even have one (at least we didn't before Trump). I'm envious.

They are both good candidates, and either would continue to improve Israel. Like most Russians, I prefer Lieberman. He has the best plan for Israel's cultural and defensive security. But, it's becoming increasingly harder for the two of them to work together. Bibi is in a pickle. If he appeals to the secularist Russian community, he alienates the religious right and vice versa.

Unread postPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 3:05 am 

Wazzzup wrote:

We don't have one good candidate in Canada. We vote for the least bad or least proggy.

Unread postPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 9:55 am 

Senior Likud Minister Says Netanyahu Would Agree to a Unity Government With Gantz
Tzachi Hanegbi says he has 'no doubt' the premier would agree to a coalition with Kahol Lavan, but Likud brushes off his comments
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/ele ... -1.7312886

Likud denies this, but I believe the two sides have had informal talks. Benny Gantz cannot be trusted.

Unread postPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 2:05 pm 

iron horse jockey wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

We don't have one good candidate in Canada. We vote for the least bad or least proggy.
I can empathize before Trump look at our last three choices Bush, Romney, Mccain, all terrible.

Unread postPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 8:23 pm 

iron horse jockey wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

Politics in doesn't really offer much choice.

Unread postPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 9:31 pm 

Wazzzup wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

I can empathize before Trump look at our last three choices Bush, Romney, Mccain, all terrible.

One of the top people in the Conservative party, Maxime Bernier left the Tories and started his own party. He is forcing the weak leader of the Conservatives, Andrew Scheer, to grow a pair.

Unread postPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 11:38 pm 

seoulbro wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

One of the top people in the Conservative party, Maxime Bernier left the Tories and started his own party. He is forcing the weak leader of the Conservatives, Andrew Scheer, to grow a pair.

Scheer will be better than Justine because simply because he won't have a resource industry hating progtard like Gerald Butts pulling his strings. But, Scheer is still a frickin prog.

Unread postPosted: June 3rd, 2019, 7:16 am 

Herman wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

Scheer will be better than Justine because simply because he won't have a resource industry hating progtard like Gerald Butts pulling his strings. But, Scheer is still a frickin prog.

Mad Max is forcing Scheer in the "right" direction.

Unread postPosted: July 13th, 2019, 11:01 am 

The Jeffrey Epstein scandal has found its way into Israel's elections

Jeffrey Epstein is suddenly the biggest name in Israeli politics.

Six weeks into what has been an otherwise quiet election campaign, the Jewish-American multi-millionaire, who was charged in New York with sex trafficking of minors on Monday, is now the focus of a war of words between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and rival Ehud Barak.
Netanyahu attacked the man who once served as his Defense Minister for his connections to Epstein -- who has pleaded not guilty to the charges -- while also accusing the media of burying the story.
In a slickly produced video released on Netanyahu's Twitter account on Tuesday, a narrator says: "Meet Jeffrey Epstein. Suspected of pedophilia and a rich past in sexual offenses. Epstein was the head of the Wexner Foundation that gave Barak 2.3 million dollars for a research program that never was and never came to be. What else did the sexual offender give Ehud Barak? Is the media going to wake up?"
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/middleea ... index.html