It is currently December 6th, 2019, 8:42 pm

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 10:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2013, 2:57 pm
Posts: 4896
It can be done. People just don't know how to live within means. They just want, want, want....so many people have debt for stupid reasons...

_________________
Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
~ Bodhidharma


Top
   
Unread postPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 10:39 pm 

Joined: July 8th, 2016, 10:25 pm
Posts: 7968
Location: Beverly Hills, 90210
They have to understand that there is nothing left over for entertainment. Only a very basic existence can be lived... Might even have to forget a car, and ride the bus.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 10:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16257
Berry Sweet wrote:
It can be done. People just don't know how to live within means. They just want, want, want....so many people have debt for stupid reasons...

That's it exactly.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 2:24 am 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 6138
Berry Sweet wrote:
Angry White Male wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Maybe the cost of living there is much cheaper.

$23/hour is considered a 'decent' wage here, but in Vancouver that's fuck all. Half of your paycheck would go to rent instantly.

Then bills and taxes and child support...not much left over....


I don't get out of bed for less than 44 and i work from home most often. Usually in the 50-70's.

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 2:36 am 

Joined: July 8th, 2016, 10:25 pm
Posts: 7968
Location: Beverly Hills, 90210
The East Indians here have ensured that I cannot do that...


Top
   
Unread postPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 12:49 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Not very much money.

Superchecker is close to paying off his condo in Vancouver, he travels regularly, dines out and still puts money away for retirement.


Maybe the cost of living there is much cheaper.

If my memory serves me correct Superchecker makes over eighty thousand dollars per year..

His wife works too..

They have made a comfortable life on their combined wages.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 1:34 pm 

Joined: July 8th, 2016, 10:25 pm
Posts: 7968
Location: Beverly Hills, 90210
These days around here most couples have to work, as very few jobs would pay enough for the wife to sit around at home like a trophy wife...

There's a few jobs left here where that might still be possible, but those jobs are rare and the competition for them is fierce.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 10:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16257
Fashionista wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Not very much money.

Superchecker is close to paying off his condo in Vancouver, he travels regularly, dines out and still puts money away for retirement.


Maybe the cost of living there is much cheaper.

If my memory serves me correct Superchecker makes over eighty thousand dollars per year..

His wife works too..

They have made a comfortable life on their combined wages.

He bought his condo a long time ago, so they can make it no problem.

I like that Superchecker. He never bitches. In fact, he seems pretty happy with his lot in life.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 10:42 pm 

Joined: July 8th, 2016, 10:25 pm
Posts: 7968
Location: Beverly Hills, 90210
He's one cool cat, although can get a little obsessed with posting 'now hiring' ads.

I've only seen him lose cool once, and that was many years ago on a different forum, when I went on a rant about women, and he actually called his ex a 'bitch.'

I encouraged more posting style like that from him, but it's not in his nature...


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 2nd, 2019, 2:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 486
Location: Metro Vancouver
Reported as of July 2. Part time to start
Superchecker wrote:
Coast Mountain Bus Company is in need of 8 more temp to start Customer Information Clerks, $ 23 an hour. Plus temps earn an extra 21 % more in lieu of benefits.

Regular status brings paid benefits.

Located in North Surrey.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of http://www.translink.ca/careers


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 2nd, 2019, 6:12 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Superchecker wrote:
Reported as of July 2. Part time to start
Superchecker wrote:
Coast Mountain Bus Company is in need of 8 more temp to start Customer Information Clerks, $ 23 an hour. Plus temps earn an extra 21 % more in lieu of benefits.

Regular status brings paid benefits.

Located in North Surrey.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of http://www.translink.ca/careers

Hello Superchecker.
ac_hithere


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 2nd, 2019, 11:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2013, 2:57 pm
Posts: 4896
Herman wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:
It can be done. People just don't know how to live within means. They just want, want, want....so many people have debt for stupid reasons...

That's it exactly.


Im always right.

My kids dad has a massive debt for stupid shit...he has nothing to show for it. Its gonna take him over 10 years to pay off. All I can do is laugh.

_________________
Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
~ Bodhidharma


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 3rd, 2019, 2:19 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Superchecker wrote:
Reported as of July 2. Part time to start
Superchecker wrote:
Coast Mountain Bus Company is in need of 8 more temp to start Customer Information Clerks, $ 23 an hour. Plus temps earn an extra 21 % more in lieu of benefits.

Regular status brings paid benefits.

Located in North Surrey.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of http://www.translink.ca/careers

Do you ride transit for free Superchecker?


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 3rd, 2019, 5:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 486
Location: Metro Vancouver
Fashionista wrote:
Do you ride transit for free Superchecker?


Regular status employees get a system wide transit pass, and an optional -and taxable- pass for spouse or child.

Temp status employees don't get a pass. Unless specifically required for their position.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 3rd, 2019, 8:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 3rd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Posts: 20916
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Do you ride transit for free Superchecker?


Regular status employees get a system wide transit pass, and an optional -and taxable- pass for spouse or child.

Temp status employees don't get a pass. Unless specifically required for their position.

Sup. How's Vancouver's sexiest transit operator? You and the missus enjoying your summer?

_________________
The Iron Chink!!


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 3rd, 2019, 9:09 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Do you ride transit for free Superchecker?


Regular status employees get a system wide transit pass, and an optional -and taxable- pass for spouse or child.

Temp status employees don't get a pass. Unless specifically required for their position.

Do you use your transit pass on your days off?


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 4th, 2019, 2:16 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 486
Location: Metro Vancouver
Shen Li wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Do you ride transit for free Superchecker?


Regular status employees get a system wide transit pass, and an optional -and taxable- pass for spouse or child.

Temp status employees don't get a pass. Unless specifically required for their position.

Sup. How's Vancouver's sexiest transit operator? You and the missus enjoying your summer?

Doing well, thank you. Vegas back in May, Okanagan valley in September.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 4th, 2019, 2:17 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 486
Location: Metro Vancouver
Fashionista wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Do you ride transit for free Superchecker?


Regular status employees get a system wide transit pass, and an optional -and taxable- pass for spouse or child.

Temp status employees don't get a pass. Unless specifically required for their position.

Do you use your transit pass on your days off?

Sometimes, yes. If heading downtown, or to the airport, yes.

The Mrs doesn't drive, so she uses hers daily to/from work.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 4th, 2019, 5:44 am 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Do you ride transit for free Superchecker?


Regular status employees get a system wide transit pass, and an optional -and taxable- pass for spouse or child.

Temp status employees don't get a pass. Unless specifically required for their position.

Do you use your transit pass on your days off?

Sometimes, yes. If heading downtown, or to the airport, yes.

The Mrs doesn't drive, so she uses hers daily to/from work.

That's a nice perk Superchecker..

Vancouver has the most expensive public transit of any city I've ever seen.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 4th, 2019, 12:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 6884
Fashionista wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Do you ride transit for free Superchecker?


Regular status employees get a system wide transit pass, and an optional -and taxable- pass for spouse or child.

Temp status employees don't get a pass. Unless specifically required for their position.

Do you use your transit pass on your days off?

Sometimes, yes. If heading downtown, or to the airport, yes.

The Mrs doesn't drive, so she uses hers daily to/from work.

That's a nice perk Superchecker..

Vancouver has the most expensive public transit of any city I've ever seen.


The Zone 1, Zone 2, etcetera confuses me.

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 291 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]