It is currently December 8th, 2019, 3:44 pm

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: July 5th, 2019, 6:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
Gaon wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Skippy wrote:
How can you pay rent or feed a family with a part time job
ac_dunno

There are a variety of reasons to apply for a PT job. Gets your foot in the door; other life commitments; earning $28hr PT is attractive to some. Have a second job. Work from home... Live close to the work site...

It is a stable employer. They must get a lot of c.v's?


Regional government agency, nearly 7000 employees... Ten year, $10 Billion expansion plan. Plans to build and staff a 7th transit centre in the next few years. Plans to extend SkyTrain into new areas....


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 5th, 2019, 6:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2018, 11:04 am
Posts: 2108
Superchecker wrote:
Gaon wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Skippy wrote:
How can you pay rent or feed a family with a part time job
ac_dunno

There are a variety of reasons to apply for a PT job. Gets your foot in the door; other life commitments; earning $28hr PT is attractive to some. Have a second job. Work from home... Live close to the work site...

It is a stable employer. They must get a lot of c.v's?


Regional government agency, nearly 7000 employees... Ten year, $10 Billion expansion plan. Plans to build and staff a 7th transit centre in the next few years. Plans to extend SkyTrain into new areas....

And probably a good place to work once a person is full time.

_________________
The Russian Rock It


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 6th, 2019, 1:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: May 15th, 2016, 4:21 pm
Posts: 1240
Bus driving is a dangerous job. As dangerous as driving for Uber.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 6th, 2019, 3:25 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
Lots of other opportunities.... Working in the call centre was the most recent post.

Velvet wrote:
Bus driving is a dangerous job. As dangerous as driving for Uber.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 7th, 2019, 9:45 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12680
Superchecker wrote:
Lots of other opportunities.... Working in the call centre was the most recent post.

Velvet wrote:
Bus driving is a dangerous job. As dangerous as driving for Uber.

Vancouver's subway doesn't have drivers/operators.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 7th, 2019, 4:59 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
seoulbro wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Lots of other opportunities.... Working in the call centre was the most recent post.

Velvet wrote:
Bus driving is a dangerous job. As dangerous as driving for Uber.

Vancouver's subway doesn't have drivers/operators.

I noticed that..

I liked the Skytrain.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 8th, 2019, 1:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
More job postings popping up...

Servicepersons needed. Sweeping out, washing and refueling buses, full time, four nights per week. $21 thru $29hr...

Interior Cleaners needed. Thoroughly cleaning the insides of city buses, $28.24hr

SkyTrain needs a Receptionist for an 18 month term, $25 hr...


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 8th, 2019, 1:27 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Superchecker wrote:
More job postings popping up...

Servicepersons needed. Sweeping out, washing and refueling buses, full time, four nights per week. $21 thru $29hr...

Interior Cleaners needed. Thoroughly cleaning the insides of city buses, $28.24hr

SkyTrain needs a Receptionist for an 18 month term, $25 hr...

I haven't heard of Calgary Transit doing a lot of hiring.
ac_umm


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 8th, 2019, 1:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
Fashionista wrote:
I haven't heard of Calgary Transit doing a lot of hiring.
ac_umm


Any idea how many transit employees in the Calgary region? We're around 7000; and hiring and training 20 new bus drivers every two weeks... Three new Rapid Bus routes launching in January... Extending two SkyTrain lines...


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 8th, 2019, 1:36 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
I haven't heard of Calgary Transit doing a lot of hiring.
ac_umm


Any idea how many transit employees in the Calgary region? We're around 7000; and hiring and training 20 new bus drivers every two weeks... Three new Rapid Bus routes launching in January... Extending two SkyTrain lines...

I just did a search and apparently Calgary Transit has three thousand employees.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 8th, 2019, 1:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
Fashionista wrote:
I just did a search and apparently Calgary Transit has three thousand employees.

Thanks!


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 8th, 2019, 1:43 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
I just did a search and apparently Calgary Transit has three thousand employees.

Thanks!

ac_smile


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 8th, 2019, 5:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2018, 11:04 am
Posts: 2108
Superchecker wrote:
More job postings popping up...

Servicepersons needed. Sweeping out, washing and refueling buses, full time, four nights per week. $21 thru $29hr...

Interior Cleaners needed. Thoroughly cleaning the insides of city buses, $28.24hr

SkyTrain needs a Receptionist for an 18 month term, $25 hr...

I work with a man who's wife might be interested in part time work. I mentioned transit has part time opportunities.

_________________
The Russian Rock It


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 9th, 2019, 6:19 am 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 8649
Superchecker wrote:
More job postings popping up...

Servicepersons needed. Sweeping out, washing and refueling buses, full time, four nights per week. $21 thru $29hr...

Interior Cleaners needed. Thoroughly cleaning the insides of city buses, $28.24hr

SkyTrain needs a Receptionist for an 18 month term, $25 hr...

Those wages are a bit low for Vancouver.

_________________
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 9th, 2019, 8:08 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12680
iron horse jockey wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
More job postings popping up...

Servicepersons needed. Sweeping out, washing and refueling buses, full time, four nights per week. $21 thru $29hr...

Interior Cleaners needed. Thoroughly cleaning the insides of city buses, $28.24hr

SkyTrain needs a Receptionist for an 18 month term, $25 hr...

Those wages are a bit low for Vancouver.

Transit wages are probably standard in all major cities in Canada.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 18th, 2019, 2:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
Casual to Start- Depot Coordinator jobs up now, looking for 11 casuals. $30 an hour, plus extra 21% in lieu of benefits while casual status.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of www.translink.ca/careers


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 18th, 2019, 2:42 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Superchecker wrote:
Casual to Start- Depot Coordinator jobs up now, looking for 11 casuals. $30 an hour, plus extra 21% in lieu of benefits while casual status.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of http://www.translink.ca/careers

How are you holding up Superchecker?


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 18th, 2019, 2:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
Fashionista wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Casual to Start- Depot Coordinator jobs up now, looking for 11 casuals. $30 an hour, plus extra 21% in lieu of benefits while casual status.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of http://www.translink.ca/careers

How are you holding up Superchecker?

Doing ok, thanks... It's crazy though... It's good that I'm off from work though. Been walking a lot...


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 18th, 2019, 2:52 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
Superchecker wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
Casual to Start- Depot Coordinator jobs up now, looking for 11 casuals. $30 an hour, plus extra 21% in lieu of benefits while casual status.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of http://www.translink.ca/careers

How are you holding up Superchecker?

Doing ok, thanks... It's crazy though... It's good that I'm off from work though. Been walking a lot...

I find walking, riding my bicycle or rollerblading helps me relax too..

How long will you be off of work SC?


Top
   
Unread postPosted: July 18th, 2019, 2:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
Fashionista wrote:
I find walking, riding my bicycle or rollerblading helps me relax too..

How long will you be off of work SC?


I took three banked overtime days, and now get three bereavement days. Can access the sick plan if necessary. Probably working Sunday unless there is something going on.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]