It is currently June 17th, 2019, 8:05 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Unread postPosted: June 9th, 2019, 7:18 pm 

A Burnaby man is now $100,000 richer after finding a highly sought after treasure chest in Vancouver.

The real-life treasure hunt started one week ago on June 1, when maps and clues were released to Metro Vancouver pirates.

On Friday, Marko Cerda found the buried silver and gold just 18 hours after first purchasing his map.

"It said, 'This is your last clue.' And when that happened, I almost wet my pants.”

He believes his job as a limo driver gave him an edge because he knows Vancouver well, and recognizes landmarks and places of interest.

"As a driver, you’re not just looking for street signs or names, you’re looking for landmarks so you can get to places quickly," Cerda said.

Gold Hunt, the company behind the quest, launched two other treasure hunts that same day in Canada: Edmonton and Calgary.

An Edmonton-area family found the hidden loot in that city within 20 hours.

In Calgary, it took five days, and the treasure was found by an Edmonton man who wanted to try his luck since the treasure was already found in his city.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/burnaby-li ... e=facebook

Unread postPosted: June 10th, 2019, 12:35 am 

TheVancouverGuy wrote:
A Burnaby man is now $100,000 richer after finding a highly sought after treasure chest in Vancouver.

The real-life treasure hunt started one week ago on June 1, when maps and clues were released to Metro Vancouver pirates.

On Friday, Marko Cerda found the buried silver and gold just 18 hours after first purchasing his map.

"It said, 'This is your last clue.' And when that happened, I almost wet my pants.”

He believes his job as a limo driver gave him an edge because he knows Vancouver well, and recognizes landmarks and places of interest.

"As a driver, you’re not just looking for street signs or names, you’re looking for landmarks so you can get to places quickly," Cerda said.

Gold Hunt, the company behind the quest, launched two other treasure hunts that same day in Canada: Edmonton and Calgary.

In Calgary, it took five days, and the treasure was found by an Edmonton man who wanted to try his luck since the treasure was already found in his city.

Very interesting TVG.
:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Unread postPosted: June 10th, 2019, 7:38 am 

TheVancouverGuy wrote:

I would love to be an entrant in that.

Unread postPosted: June 10th, 2019, 7:48 am 

Velvet wrote:
TheVancouverGuy wrote:

I would love to be an entrant in that.

That would be so much fun.

Unread postPosted: June 11th, 2019, 1:32 pm 

TheVancouverGuy wrote:

Nice pay day.