It is currently December 10th, 2019, 11:41 am

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1316 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 14th, 2019, 7:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 6884
caskur wrote:
I'm a fine artist and designer...I used to paint a lot in oil (my favourite medium) but since 2010, I've been doing photography...

I haven't had a painting exhibition since 2003...

I have built a collection of photographs that I plan to exhibit when my husband fully retires.


:thumbup:

Super cool. A maternal aunt is a fine artist but most importantly, my own father is a fine artist as well. Folks tell me I did not fall too far from the tree. I have natural skills but I decided to take proper classes at the start of this year to learn proper techniques. We have not graduated to oil yet. We are still on acrylic but that's fine. I'd like to harness my skills gradually and not rush it. I've got time and I'm not rushing. You've posted your stunning photographs here. Have you posted any of your paintings here?

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 14th, 2019, 7:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 6884
Recognize

Contain

Examine

Destroy

Russell Crowe as H. Jekyll on monsters in The Mummy.

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 15th, 2019, 12:00 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 10th, 2016, 5:14 pm
Posts: 3531
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
caskur wrote:
I'm a fine artist and designer...I used to paint a lot in oil (my favourite medium) but since 2010, I've been doing photography...

I haven't had a painting exhibition since 2003...

I have built a collection of photographs that I plan to exhibit when my husband fully retires.


:thumbup:

Super cool. A maternal aunt is a fine artist but most importantly, my own father is a fine artist as well. Folks tell me I did not fall too far from the tree. I have natural skills but I decided to take proper classes at the start of this year to learn proper techniques. We have not graduated to oil yet. We are still on acrylic but that's fine. I'd like to harness my skills gradually and not rush it. I've got time and I'm not rushing. You've posted your stunning photographs here. Have you posted any of your paintings here?


Oil is the best...

My argument about acrylic is, if you do a painting in acrylic, will it be around 300 years from now? They answer in NO... it's an unstable medium.

You should have done oils first.

The other HUGE problem with acrylic in my opinion is, when you mix up your colours, they dry DARKER... but oils do not and that gives them, a serious advantage...

But keep creating for that is the gift of life.

This is a pastel drawing on black paper..

Image

oil on canvas of my son sleeping.

Image

My art might frighten some people.. especially my nude stuff.

Image

On the back wall of my art studio, some of my acrylic paintings...

Image

Then when I discovered MS paint... off I went...lol

Image

______________________

I'm now viewing on Netflix, season 4 of The Vikings.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 15th, 2019, 1:32 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
caskur wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
caskur wrote:
I'm a fine artist and designer...I used to paint a lot in oil (my favourite medium) but since 2010, I've been doing photography...

I haven't had a painting exhibition since 2003...

I have built a collection of photographs that I plan to exhibit when my husband fully retires.


:thumbup:

Super cool. A maternal aunt is a fine artist but most importantly, my own father is a fine artist as well. Folks tell me I did not fall too far from the tree. I have natural skills but I decided to take proper classes at the start of this year to learn proper techniques. We have not graduated to oil yet. We are still on acrylic but that's fine. I'd like to harness my skills gradually and not rush it. I've got time and I'm not rushing. You've posted your stunning photographs here. Have you posted any of your paintings here?


Oil is the best...

My argument about acrylic is, if you do a painting in acrylic, will it be around 300 years from now? They answer in NO... it's an unstable medium.

You should have done oils first.

The other HUGE problem with acrylic in my opinion is, when you mix up your colours, they dry DARKER... but oils do not and that gives them, a serious advantage...

But keep creating for that is the gift of life.

This is a pastel drawing on black paper..

Image

oil on canvas of my son sleeping.

Image

My art might frighten some people.. especially my nude stuff.

Image

On the back wall of my art studio, some of my acrylic paintings...

Image

Then when I discovered MS paint... off I went...lol

Image

______________________

I'm now viewing on Netflix, season 4 of The Vikings.

Beautiful, especially the first painting.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 16th, 2019, 12:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 6884
caskur wrote:

Oil is the best...

My argument about acrylic is, if you do a painting in acrylic, will it be around 300 years from now? They answer in NO... it's an unstable medium.

You should have done oils first.

The other HUGE problem with acrylic in my opinion is, when you mix up your colours, they dry DARKER... but oils do not and that gives them, a serious advantage...

But keep creating for that is the gift of life.

This is a pastel drawing on black paper..

Image

oil on canvas of my son sleeping.

Image

My art might frighten some people.. especially my nude stuff.

Image

On the back wall of my art studio, some of my acrylic paintings...

Image

Then when I discovered MS paint... off I went...lol

Image

______________________

I'm now viewing on Netflix, season 4 of The Vikings.


:thumbup:

Wow, caskur! These are brilliant! I like how you did your tree branches in the first painting, your son's profile, and the other face as well. You are very talented. These are great. Impressive! Thank you very much for sharing. It's too bad I did not catch the MS Paint.

I'll share some of mine eventually after I figure out how. Too bad tinypic is going to shut down or has already. I have a self portrait that is in progress.

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 16th, 2019, 2:08 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
caskur wrote:



I'll share some of mine eventually after I figure out how. Too bad tinypic is going to shut down or has already. I have a self portrait that is in progress.

I look forward to seeing that.
:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 17th, 2019, 7:36 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 10th, 2016, 5:14 pm
Posts: 3531
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
talented. These are great. Impressive! Thank you very much for sharing. It's too bad I did not catch the MS Paint.

I'll share some of mine eventually after I figure out how. Too bad tinypic is going to shut down or has already. I have a self portrait that is in progress.


What is great about MS paint and using the mouse to draw, it makes the user draw child-like drawings.

To draw like a child again and be free.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 17th, 2019, 4:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Posts: 11258
Read a news article about gone with the wind..

Leslie Howard who plays the blonde Ashley, was killed when his plane was shot down by german fighters while travelling from Portugal to England.


The german pilot reported seeing burning men jumping from the airplane..

Leslie Howards last moments were getting caught on fire and then jumping off an airplane.



One of the main cast is still alive... Olivia De Havilland.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 17th, 2019, 8:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 6884
Fashionista wrote:
I look forward to seeing that.
:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:


Please don't expect it soon. It won't be soon. Thanks.

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 17th, 2019, 8:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 6884
Odinson wrote:
Read a news article about gone with the wind..

Leslie Howard who plays the blonde Ashley, was killed when his plane was shot down by german fighters while travelling from Portugal to England.


The german pilot reported seeing burning men jumping from the airplane..

Leslie Howards last moments were getting caught on fire and then jumping off an airplane.



One of the main cast is still alive... Olivia De Havilland.


That is just an awful awful end.

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 18th, 2019, 3:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Posts: 11258
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Odinson wrote:
Read a news article about gone with the wind..

Leslie Howard who plays the blonde Ashley, was killed when his plane was shot down by german fighters while travelling from Portugal to England.


The german pilot reported seeing burning men jumping from the airplane..

Leslie Howards last moments were getting caught on fire and then jumping off an airplane.



One of the main cast is still alive... Olivia De Havilland.


That is just an awful awful end.


The funny thing is that the germans thought they were shooting down Churchills plane.


Apparently Leslie Howard might have been mistaken for Churchills bodyguard and Alfred Chenhalls was mistaken for Winston Churchill.



Another theory is that the germans intended to kill Leslie Howard because he was engaged in anti-Germany propaganda.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 18th, 2019, 4:23 am 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
I look forward to seeing that.
:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:


Please don't expect it soon. It won't be soon. Thanks.

I won't, post it whenever.....or never.
ac_smile


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 18th, 2019, 11:17 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 10th, 2016, 5:14 pm
Posts: 3531
Odinson wrote:
Read a news article about gone with the wind..

Leslie Howard who plays the blonde Ashley, was killed when his plane was shot down by german fighters while travelling from Portugal to England.


The german pilot reported seeing burning men jumping from the airplane..

Leslie Howards last moments were getting caught on fire and then jumping off an airplane.



One of the main cast is still alive... Olivia De Havilland.


The movie was GREAT... but when my son was alive and I was watching Gone With The Wind a lot, Kane (my son) was reading the book and coming out of his bedroom telling me stuff that wasn't in the movie.... That got me very curious... WELL!!!! I started reading the book 900 pages tyvm....lol... from page 300 - 900, I defy anyone putting that book down. I've read it 6 times. If you ever actually do read the masterpiece, it'll tell you a LOT about America divided and divided to this day.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 19th, 2019, 3:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 6884
Fashionista wrote:
I won't, post it whenever.....or never.
ac_smile


Okay. :thumbup:

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 19th, 2019, 6:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Posts: 6884
Commodus will soon be on the big screen as Joker. I am intrigued how that movie is going to turn out.

Image

_________________
@realAzhyaAryola

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 20th, 2019, 4:27 am 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16333
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Commodus will soon be on the big screen as Joker. I am intrigued how that movie is going to turn out.

Image

Another damned Batman movie?

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 20th, 2019, 7:46 am 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 11:55 pm
Posts: 590
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Commodus will soon be on the big screen as Joker. I am intrigued how that movie is going to turn out.

Image

Phenomenal reviews. A movie like this you would expect to suck but people liked it.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 20th, 2019, 11:24 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 10th, 2016, 5:14 pm
Posts: 3531
He should have got an Oscar for his Johnny Cash portrayal.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 20th, 2019, 12:21 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 41381
caskur wrote:
He should have got an Oscar for his Johnny Cash portrayal.

I don't know much about Johnny Cash's music, but I liked that movie.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Movies
Unread postPosted: September 20th, 2019, 1:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Posts: 11258
Heath Ledgers Joker is the best... Yet...


Jared Leto went full retard...

Never go full retard.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1316 Next

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]