It is currently December 6th, 2019, 8:55 pm

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2019, 8:23 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12666
Those who legally enter Canada from other countries have a disdain for illegal immigrants who jump the queue, according to research by the country’s immigration department.

According to the government administration news website Blacklock’s Reporter, a survey conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs stated there’s an “underlying sense of unfairness when compared to experiences of other immigrants.”

“Some felt this situation was unfair, that these individuals are jumping what they view as an immigration queue," the survey noted.

An official estimate pegs the federal government has lost $1.4 billion in three years thanks to illegal immigration.

Between January 1, 2017 and October 1, 2019, the RCMP has picked up 52,097 people entering the country illegally, Blacklock’s Reporter reported. Those individuals mainly composed of Haitians and Nigerians.

Hosting the illegal immigrants comes with a cost — which includes food, shelter, transportation and schooling.

Ipsos interviewed 4,004 people in 14 focus groups in Toronto, Mississauga and North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Moncton.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2019, 9:15 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 3rd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Posts: 20916
seoulbro wrote:
Those who legally enter Canada from other countries have a disdain for illegal immigrants who jump the queue, according to research by the country’s immigration department.

According to the government administration news website Blacklock’s Reporter, a survey conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs stated there’s an “underlying sense of unfairness when compared to experiences of other immigrants.”

“Some felt this situation was unfair, that these individuals are jumping what they view as an immigration queue," the survey noted.

An official estimate pegs the federal government has lost $1.4 billion in three years thanks to illegal immigration.

Between January 1, 2017 and October 1, 2019, the RCMP has picked up 52,097 people entering the country illegally, Blacklock’s Reporter reported. Those individuals mainly composed of Haitians and Nigerians.

Hosting the illegal immigrants comes with a cost — which includes food, shelter, transportation and schooling.

Ipsos interviewed 4,004 people in 14 focus groups in Toronto, Mississauga and North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Moncton.

I can't fucking stand queue jumping scam refugees. I can't stand that the feds can't get rid of the fraudsters once they walk across the border or arrive at one of our international airports with their hands in the air. It's a slap in the face to legal immigrants who paid, were vetted and waited in our homelands for the green light to come here.

_________________
The Iron Chink!!


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2019, 9:25 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 1010
seoulbro wrote:
Those who legally enter Canada from other countries have a disdain for illegal immigrants who jump the queue, according to research by the country’s immigration department.

According to the government administration news website Blacklock’s Reporter, a survey conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs stated there’s an “underlying sense of unfairness when compared to experiences of other immigrants.”

“Some felt this situation was unfair, that these individuals are jumping what they view as an immigration queue," the survey noted.

An official estimate pegs the federal government has lost $1.4 billion in three years thanks to illegal immigration.

Between January 1, 2017 and October 1, 2019, the RCMP has picked up 52,097 people entering the country illegally, Blacklock’s Reporter reported. Those individuals mainly composed of Haitians and Nigerians.

Hosting the illegal immigrants comes with a cost — which includes food, shelter, transportation and schooling.

Ipsos interviewed 4,004 people in 14 focus groups in Toronto, Mississauga and North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Moncton.

I'm not surprised one bit by these survey results.

_________________
https://www.santasanonymous.ca/


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2019, 11:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 8638
The only thing worse than mass immigration is mass fake refugee claimants. Send them to an uninhabiated island in either the NWT or Nunavut. In my opinion, the number of asylum claims will plummet.

_________________
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2019, 12:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 1010
iron horse jockey wrote:
The only thing worse than mass immigration is mass fake refugee claimants. Send them to an uninhabiated island in either the NWT or Nunavut. In my opinion, the number of asylum claims will plummet.

You're never shy about expressing your opinions on immigration and refugees IHJ.
:laugh:

_________________
https://www.santasanonymous.ca/


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2019, 2:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 8638
Fashionista wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
The only thing worse than mass immigration is mass fake refugee claimants. Send them to an uninhabiated island in either the NWT or Nunavut. In my opinion, the number of asylum claims will plummet.

You're never shy about expressing your opinions on immigration and refugees IHJ.
:laugh:

Did you miss what your friend Shen Li posted. :icon_wink:

_________________
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2019, 4:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16257
My old lady gets really pissed off with queue jumpers. Other than elitist progs(which includes our entire political class as well as academia), nobody is in favour of letting scammers stay.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2019, 6:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 3rd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Posts: 20916
Herman wrote:
My old lady gets really pissed off with queue jumpers. Other than elitist progs(which includes our entire political class as well as academia), nobody is in favour of letting scammers stay.

I don't blame her. It's a fucking insult to legal immigrants.

_________________
The Iron Chink!!


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2019, 7:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16257
Shen Li wrote:
Herman wrote:
My old lady gets really pissed off with queue jumpers. Other than elitist progs(which includes our entire political class as well as academia), nobody is in favour of letting scammers stay.

I don't blame her. It's a fucking insult to legal immigrants.

I was born in Canada and I don't want to pay for these fraudsters.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2019, 9:55 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12666
Criminal syndicates are behind a lot of the international asylum seeking business. If we are to discourage fraudulent refugee claims, we have to focus our efforts on the people making a lot of money from it.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2019, 12:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 1010
seoulbro wrote:
Criminal syndicates are behind a lot of the international asylum seeking business. If we are to discourage fraudulent refugee claims, we have to focus our efforts on the people making a lot of money from it.

Many of the gangs involved in people smuggling are from Fujian province in China.

_________________
https://www.santasanonymous.ca/


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2019, 10:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16257
Fashionista wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Criminal syndicates are behind a lot of the international asylum seeking business. If we are to discourage fraudulent refugee claims, we have to focus our efforts on the people making a lot of money from it.

Many of the gangs involved in people smuggling are from Fujian province in China.

They just handle the Chinese and Vietnamese illegals.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 17th, 2019, 9:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12666
By Canadace Malcolm of Sun News Media

New Canadians have no time for illegal immigration according to a new comprehensive study conducted by Ipsos-reid for the federal government.

The annual report, commissioned by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and uncovered by the investigative news outlet Blacklock’s Reporter, showed the clear frustration newcomers have watching others break Canada’s immigration laws.

“Newcomers to Canada resent illegal immigrants for jumping what they view as an immigration queue,” states the Blacklock’s report. “There was an underlying sense of unfairness.”

These findings were based on surveys of more than 4,000 newcomers across Canada, as well as 14 different focus groups in Toronto, Mississauga, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Moncton that included Chinese, Filipino, Middle Eastern, Caribbean and African immigrants.

“Apparently there’s a loophole in the system where they can cross and just put in their papers,” one focus group participant told the researchers. “It angered me. Everybody is just coming in,” said another.

“Your English has to be good, you do all these tests, your health has to be good, then you land in Canada and find people here who don’t speak English and you wonder, are there double standards?”

Sadly, there are double standards.

Canada has received 43,278 asylum claims so far in 2019, and 148,703 in the past three years, including 52,097 illegal border crossings.

The Parliamentary Budget Office pegs the cost of processing these claims at $1.1 billion, plus another $371 million paid out to the provinces to help house these migrants. On top of this, provincial governments provide asylum seekers with gold-plated social services, including dental care and prescription drug plans, and many city governments shell out even more on housing.

There is no doubt that those who come to Canada illegally receive special treatment not afforded to newcomers who come to Canada legally.

“We worked really hard to get here and there was no support and no help,” one newcomer told researchers.

“Canada should turn these individuals back,” said a focus group participate. “They lie to the Canadian government,” said another.

It makes sense that newcomers resent those who come illegally.

Those who work hard, play by the rules and came to Canada the right way understand the value of Canadian citizenship. Seeing others disrespect the rule of law to avoid making the same sacrifices is understandably frustrating.

These findings fly in the face of the Liberal narrative that it is racist to oppose illegal immigration. For years now, the Trudeau government and their supporters in the media have denied that crossing the border illegally amounts to “queue-jumping” and denied the existence of a “loophole.”

They insist that opposition to illegal border crossing amounts to bigotry.

As Trudeau’s immigration minister Ahmed Hussen said of those who criticize his government’s handling of the border, specifically of Ontario Cabinet Minister Lisa Macleod, “it’s divisive, it’s fear-mongering, it’s not Canadian, and it’s very dangerous.”

Well, it turns out that legal immigrants are not buying what Team Trudeau is selling.

Canadians of all backgrounds, it seems, are united in their frustration over illegal immigration. It’s time Trudeau stopped rolling out the red carpet for illegal border crossers, and started enforcing Canada’s border laws.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 17th, 2019, 9:23 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 3rd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Posts: 20916
Those queue jumping border crossers are an insult to all immigrants.

_________________
The Iron Chink!!


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 17th, 2019, 10:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12666
Shen Li wrote:
Those queue jumping border crossers are an insult to all immigrants.

I've never heard an immigrant voice support for them.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 17th, 2019, 6:11 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 8638
Shen Li wrote:
Those queue jumping border crossers are an insult to all immigrants.

I was born in Canada and they are an insult to me too. I have to pay for them too.

_________________
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 17th, 2019, 8:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 1010
seoulbro wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
Those queue jumping border crossers are an insult to all immigrants.

I've never heard an immigrant voice support for them.

Could be.

_________________
https://www.santasanonymous.ca/


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 17th, 2019, 9:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16257
Fashionista wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
Those queue jumping border crossers are an insult to all immigrants.

I've never heard an immigrant voice support for them.

Could be.

You know it's true.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 18th, 2019, 1:05 am 
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Posts: 11253
In the liberal mindset..

If you cross the border, you automatically should support the no-borders anarchy policy..


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 18th, 2019, 4:32 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 1010
Odinson wrote:
In the liberal mindset..

If you cross the border, you automatically should support the no-borders anarchy policy..

They make no distinction between legal migrant and illegal trespasser.

_________________
https://www.santasanonymous.ca/


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 284 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]