It is currently January 21st, 2019, 4:41 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Outdoor pallet furnature
Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2019, 6:12 pm 

This is such a great idea! I have a large balcony and want a couch out there...the outdoor plastic couches are to pricey and not even good quality anyway. I'm totally going to make these come spring! Just gotta stack up on some pallets!

Then throw some cushions on top,

Lots of cool ideas for outdoor and indoor furnature projects out of pallets....totally gonna get my project game on!! I also want to build a shelf for inside and a small runner behind my couch. Can be painted and made to look nice.

Any other pallet ideas, post them here!!

Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2019, 6:16 pm 

This is neat!

Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2019, 6:19 pm 

This is cool too...but lights in the couch outside for a cool glowy night time effect!!

Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2019, 6:54 pm 

Sand it before putting cushions on.

Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2019, 7:24 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Sand it before putting cushions on.

Oh most definitely. I will probably paint it rustic looking as well.

I will have kids all over this no doubt, I dont want to be hearing about slivers.

Corners will also be protected by something, and that's mostly for me...I always manage to stub my toe or shin on a corner of firnature..which is why my couch and bed frames are all cushioned or legs raised in a hidden fashion and still cushioned.

Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2019, 8:07 pm 

Berry Sweet wrote:

This is neat!

I've seen this before.

This is quite nice.

Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2019, 8:11 pm 

Berry Sweet wrote:
This is cool too...but lights in the couch outside for a cool glowy night time effect!!

I don't like this. In a picture, sure OK but in reality, I can see how you'd scrape you leg on the wooden edges and flames under a mattress? Unsafe.

Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2019, 8:22 pm 

caskur wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:

I don't like this. In a picture, sure OK but in reality, I can see how you'd scrape you leg on the wooden edges and flames under a mattress? Unsafe.

Oh, I dont like the while bed idea either....I just like the lights idea...good for the outdoor couch...its not actual candles that are lit, its string lights, totally safe.

I dont think anyone would be dumb enough to light a bunch of candles under there...so atleast I hope not.

That bed would not work for me, I'd trip on it constantly.

Unread postPosted: January 12th, 2019, 9:46 pm 

Berry Sweet wrote:
caskur wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:

Oh, I dont like the while bed idea either....I just like the lights idea...good for the outdoor couch...its not actual candles that are lit, its string lights, totally safe.

I dont think anyone would be dumb enough to light a bunch of candles under there...so atleast I hope not.

That bed would not work for me, I'd trip on it constantly.

I like the idea of it tho, like you.

The bedhead looks great.

Keep searching the net for ideas,...It's chock-a-block full of them.

I got a locker and painted it red and used it to store rakes and shovels. The locker cost me $10 at an auction.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 12:54 am 

I had a bed made of pallets in my old apartment..

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 10:28 am 

I am not familiar with pallet furniture. Looks decent.

This is the kind of bedroom that appeals to my senses.

I want windows to let in sunlight. I want a desk where I can write. I want a bench at the foot of the bed. I want some seating and end tables on both sides of the bed. Muted lighting. Rugs. I want a cloud of comforter to cover me.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 10:34 am 

This is my idea of outdoor furniture. I want to be able to dine on that surface and when we are done, we can light a fire.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 1:41 pm 

Berry Sweet wrote:
This is neat!

May want to look on Craigslist. You can find some cheap ones there. I saw one company asking $2.00 each. Also saw some plastic ones that could be interesting. You could check on the prices of brand new ones and who knows it may be worth it for clean wood.
Have to be careful. If the pallets in Canada are like here they can be very rough and sanding may not do it all. May have to use a few coats of a polyurethane to cover the splinters.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 2:11 pm 

Berry Sweet wrote:
This is such a great idea! I have a large balcony and want a couch out there...the outdoor plastic couches are to pricey and not even good quality anyway. I'm totally going to make these come spring! Just gotta stack up on some pallets!

Lots of cool ideas for outdoor and indoor furnature projects out of pallets....totally gonna get my project game on!! I also want to build a shelf for inside and a small runner behind my couch. Can be painted and made to look nice.

I like it.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 2:47 pm 

Berry Sweet wrote:

In Israel, I owned power tools to make things like that, Here, I don't.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 4:46 pm 

The back is straight, my husband said you don't have straight backs like that, it's extremely uncomfortable....You might have to have long round cushioning.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 4:49 pm 

caskur wrote:
The back is straight, my husband said you don't have straight backs like that, it's extremely uncomfortable....You might have to have long round cushioning.

That would be uncomfortable.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 7:32 pm 

We go through a lot of pallets at our shops in Winnipeg. I don't know what they do with them. I should ask.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 11:08 pm 

caskur wrote:

That's what cushions and pillows are for. I have a large balcony (which is pretty sweet, private too) large enough to sleep out there in the summer if I wanted to. Kids are most likely to be all over it...they will be lying on it, using devices or just doing something. I'm pretty laid back and chill so I like simple colourful things.

Unread postPosted: January 13th, 2019, 11:26 pm 

Aren't pallets treated with nasty chemicals?