It is currently December 6th, 2019, 7:49 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Unread postPosted: August 25th, 2019, 6:43 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
caskur wrote:
It won't be and shouldn't be any one source but ALL the sources at our disposal...

coal, wind, gas, solar, and nuclear although nuclear has proved the most dangerous especially reactor meltdowns.

What has killed more people?

The nuclear energy chain, or the fossil fuel chain?

I don't know...

which one?

Unread postPosted: August 25th, 2019, 6:46 pm 

iron horse jockey wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
caskur wrote:
Western Australia has all the minerals needed for the planet...

Western Canada has all the oil and natural gas to supply the planet.

We are not even allowed to supply our own country. We have the third highest proven oil reserves in the world, but we import over 800,000 barrels of oil per day. :crazy:

The thing that I find the most unusual about Canadian politics is the hatred some Canadians have for the resources that produce prosperity. I only found out in the past few months that Canada actually imports oil because some parts of Canada think Arabs produce oil better than Canada does. So, Canada's oil and prosperity stays in the ground.

Unread postPosted: August 25th, 2019, 6:50 pm 

iron horse jockey wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
caskur wrote:

We are not even allowed to supply our own country. We have the third highest proven oil reserves in the world, but we import over 800,000 barrels of oil per day. :crazy:

That is what we're experiencing too... AND (omg, I had a valid thought that just disappeared) I hope it's not early dementia. Shee-it!~

Unread postPosted: August 25th, 2019, 6:54 pm 

Gaon wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
caskur wrote:

The thing that I find the most unusual about Canadian politics is the hatred some Canadians have for the resources that produce prosperity. I only found out in the past few months that Canada actually imports oil because some parts of Canada think Arabs produce oil better than Canada does. So, Canada's oil and prosperity stays in the ground.

It's a balance of trade... They cap our gas to use for latter generations... find gas, cap it,... find more gas, cap that and so on.

in our case, we trade commodities like wheat for oil... that's how it works... Australia even grows rice for Asia.

I don't know enough about Canada but they're swapping something for something.

Unread postPosted: August 25th, 2019, 7:03 pm 

caskur wrote:
It's a balance of trade... They cap our gas to use for latter generations... find gas, cap it,... find more gas, cap that and so on.

in our case, we trade commodities like wheat for oil... that's how it works... Australia even grows rice for Asia.

It has nothing to do with trade. Canada only has pipelines going to the US. No pipelines to our coasts and to international markets. Thanks to advanced extraction technologies, the US is now the world's biggest producer of oil. With less need of Canadian oil, they discount it. But, if we can get our oil to tidewater, we would get international prices. That is not in America's interests. Hence, American NGO's spend millions interfering in our politics to prevent tidewater pipelines from being built. Russia and Saudi Arabia don't want competition from Canada and do the same. Vivian Krause has written extensively about this.

The cash pipeline opposing Canadian oil pipelines
The anti-pipeline machine is a “directed, network campaign,” a new breed of professional, staged activism
https://business.financialpost.com/opin ... -pipelines

Unread postPosted: August 26th, 2019, 2:41 am 

seoulbro wrote:
caskur wrote:

It has nothing to do with trade. Canada only has pipelines going to the US. No pipelines to our coasts and to international markets. Thanks to advanced extraction technologies, the US is now the world's biggest producer of oil. With less need of Canadian oil, they discount it. But, if we can get our oil to tidewater, we would get international prices. That is not in America's interests. Hence, American NGO's spend millions interfering in our politics to prevent tidewater pipelines from being built. Russia and Saudi Arabia don't want competition from Canada and do the same. Vivian Krause has written extensively about this.

The anti-pipeline machine is a “directed, network campaign,” a new breed of professional, staged activism

I read this costs our country $100 million dollars a day.

Unread postPosted: August 26th, 2019, 7:32 pm 

seoulbro wrote:
caskur wrote:

What does Canada trade then? Timber?

Unread postPosted: August 27th, 2019, 6:16 am 

caskur wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
caskur wrote:

What does Canada trade then? Timber?

Oil, natural gas and refined products are our biggest exports, but we lose tens of billions every year because all of our pipelines go South instead of to our coasts and international markets..

The USA is the world's biggest producer of oil and doesn't need our oil less all the time, therefore they put big discounts on it.

Unread postPosted: September 8th, 2019, 11:21 am 

Gaon wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
caskur wrote:

Yes, this is really baffling and very unfortunate and frustrating even to a newcomer to these parts.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: September 8th, 2019, 6:54 pm 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Gaon wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
caskur wrote:

Yes, this is really baffling and very unfortunate and frustrating even to a newcomer to these parts.

I have relatives in Taiwan that can't understand why we import oil.

Unread postPosted: September 8th, 2019, 8:37 pm 

Because Canada like Australia will need their oil in the future...And we use the middle east oil in the balance of trade... It's cheaper to buy THEIR oil than use our own at the moment.

Unread postPosted: September 8th, 2019, 8:43 pm 

caskur wrote:
Because Canada like Australia will need their oil in the future...And we use the middle east oil in the balance of trade... It's cheaper to buy THEIR oil than use our own at the moment.

WRONG!

The Americans, Russians and OPEC want to block competition from Canada.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/sa ... l-sands-ad
Saudis ripped for trying to block pro-oil sands ad

Unread postPosted: September 8th, 2019, 9:22 pm 

Herman wrote:
caskur wrote:

WRONG!

If you don't create economies by buying their only real hot commodity in those Muslim countries then guess where they are going to move to?

I'd rather buy their oil and keep them far far away from me. Hey, but you might like having Muslims next to you, I dunno!~

Unread postPosted: September 8th, 2019, 9:25 pm 

caskur wrote:
Herman wrote:
caskur wrote:

WRONG!

If you don't create economies by buying their only real hot commodity in those Muslim countries then guess where they are going to move to?

It's not just the Middle East though. Russia and the US are trying to block Canadian competition in oil and gas.

Unread postPosted: September 9th, 2019, 2:16 am 

Bloody Russians and Yanks...

arseholes all of them.

Unread postPosted: September 9th, 2019, 4:31 am 

caskur wrote:
Bloody Russians and Yanks...

arseholes all of them.

I don't hate them..

But, they are afraid of competition from Canada.

Unread postPosted: September 9th, 2019, 5:15 am 

caskur, take a look at this.

Researcher exposes money trail behind U.S.-based campaign to kill the oilsands
https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... oss-canada

Unread postPosted: September 9th, 2019, 7:10 am 

seoulbro wrote:

The US are huge consumers of oil.

The article demonizers conservationists. I would like to see more evidence other than an article claiming they are being funded by the USA company profiteering from oil. Having said that, countries relying on their mining resources have their hands tied.

The USA have a HUGE military to support, they're not going to be changing their ways any time in the near future. They'll haggle for the lowest prices.

Unread postPosted: September 9th, 2019, 7:16 am 

caskur wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

The article demonizers conservationists. I would like to see more evidence other than an article claiming they are being funded by the USA company profiteering from oil. Having said that, countries relying on their mining resources have their hands tied.

The USA have a HUGE military to support, they're not going to be changing their ways any time in the near future. They'll haggle for the lowest prices.

You didn't read that article at all. It exposes a massive billiomaire financed conspiracy and fraud against Canadian oil by billionaires who don't want competition from Canadian oil which has the highest social and environmental standards in the world.

Unread postPosted: September 9th, 2019, 7:50 am 

iron horse jockey wrote:
caskur wrote:
seoulbro wrote:

You didn't read that article at all. It exposes a massive billiomaire financed conspiracy and fraud against Canadian oil by billionaires who don't want competition from Canadian oil which has the highest social and environmental standards in the world.

Yeah I read it but I don't fully comprehend it.

It lost me here...

"Krause warned the crowd that gathered on the Tsuut’ina Nation, on the western edge of Calgary, that she would be showing rather boring slides that prove that millions of dollars in payments from multibillion-dollar U.S. charitable foundations are being made to Canadian environmental groups annually, “because, frankly, if I was just to tell you who paid whom and how much, it’s hard to believe. It comes off like a tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory.”