It is currently January 24th, 2020, 2:42 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Re: Texas Hero
Unread postPosted: December 31st, 2019, 3:30 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Im sure Kiebers heard about this one, down in Fort Hood Texas, a gunman opened fire with a shotgun in a church, killing two. 71 year old man fired back taking down the shooter. Happens very fast.

The shooter was known to have issues, and a past criminal history, including owning illegal firearms. He had been asking for food and money there, but only got food. That day he came in in disguise, and was sitting there with a big coat and fake beard, before he opened fire. I believe the offering plate was going around at the time too.

There were several church goers armed, and were part of the security force of the church. The family I work for, their church does the same thing as of a few years ago, with the increase of attacks on churches. They have 8-9 folks who carry a gun there.

This link shows the whole video, but I cant get it to work on my puter....

https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-ne ... 13193.html

and here is a video summing up, but most vids are edited...

That is a lot of fire power in a church.

Unread postPosted: December 31st, 2019, 4:12 pm 

I understand that the guy who shot the shooter is the head of the church's defense team, an ex-FBI agent and a firearms instructor and range operator.

That helps to explain his remarkable shot. I think he took the guy out with a head shot at forty or fifty feet, with a pistol, under pressure and quickly. That's some stellar shooting, especially in a real life scenario. My hat's off to him.

Unread postPosted: December 31st, 2019, 4:17 pm 

Peaches wrote:
I understand that the guy who shot the shooter is the head of the church's defense team, an ex-FBI agent and a firearms instructor and range operator.

That helps to explain his remarkable shot. I think he took the guy out with a head shot at forty or fifty feet, with a pistol, under pressure and quickly. That's some stellar shooting, especially in a real life scenario. My hat's off to him.

:thumbup:

Unread postPosted: December 31st, 2019, 4:48 pm 

Thats muscle memory action..

Unread postPosted: December 31st, 2019, 5:00 pm 

Odinson wrote:
Thats muscle memory action..

That's good legislation.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 8:18 am 

Shen Li wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Im sure Kiebers heard about this one, down in Fort Hood Texas, a gunman opened fire with a shotgun in a church, killing two. 71 year old man fired back taking down the shooter. Happens very fast.

The shooter was known to have issues, and a past criminal history, including owning illegal firearms. He had been asking for food and money there, but only got food. That day he came in in disguise, and was sitting there with a big coat and fake beard, before he opened fire. I believe the offering plate was going around at the time too.

There were several church goers armed, and were part of the security force of the church. The family I work for, their church does the same thing as of a few years ago, with the increase of attacks on churches. They have 8-9 folks who carry a gun there.

This link shows the whole video, but I cant get it to work on my puter....

https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-ne ... 13193.html

and here is a video summing up, but most vids are edited...

Even Brick couldn't deny that more people would have died had people in that church not had guns.

Oh I know, but he would still have something negative to say :laugh:

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 8:22 am 

iron horse jockey wrote:

Sadly, because of a lot of church shootings that have been happening over the past several years, a lot of churches are setting up their own security force. I fully support them :thumbup:

Funny story, the local church here, thought someone was scoping out the church, and that they looked like someone suspicious. Well, one guy knew the young guy, so officers went to his house to find out what he was doing at the church like he was out in the street and such. Turned out it was the week that Pokemon Go was released :laugh:

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 8:23 am 

Peaches wrote:

I was surprised at how quick he responded.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 8:38 am 

Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:

Sadly, because of a lot of church shootings that have been happening over the past several years, a lot of churches are setting up their own security force. I fully support them :thumbup:

Funny story, the local church here, thought someone was scoping out the church, and that they looked like someone suspicious. Well, one guy knew the young guy, so officers went to his house to find out what he was doing at the church like he was out in the street and such. Turned out it was the week that Pokemon Go was released :laugh:

There are no guns in my church and I like it that way.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 9:01 am 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:

So if Akbar walks in, and starts shooting up the place, you're just gonna lay low in between the pews, and hope the casualties are limited?

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 9:25 am 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:

So if Akbar walks in, and starts shooting up the place, you're just gonna lay low in between the pews, and hope the casualties are limited?

The biggest massacre in a house of worship in Canada, was a young white French Canadian walking into a mosque and killing six people using both a rifle and handgun.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 9:57 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Odinson wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Odinson wrote:
The shooters name is Keith Kinnunen..

Kinnunen is a finnish last name so he has finnish roots..

On behalf of the finns, I apologize... He does not represent the finns.

A real finnish man would have killed all of those dirty yankee bastards..

He has obviously been weakened by all that mixed yankee blood.

ac_toofunny

The truth is, you Europeans are the softies. I know that's hard to accept but it's what we in the Americas know for a fact.

You looking to get your ass kicked, little lady?

ac_toofunny I'm not scared of neanderthals.

I´ll sit on your face..

Lets see how scared you get when my big, hairy neanderthal ass closes in on your face.

Finnish on filippina cultural violation.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 3:19 pm 

Odinson wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Odinson wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Odinson wrote:
The shooters name is Keith Kinnunen..

Kinnunen is a finnish last name so he has finnish roots..

On behalf of the finns, I apologize... He does not represent the finns.

A real finnish man would have killed all of those dirty yankee bastards..

He has obviously been weakened by all that mixed yankee blood.

ac_toofunny

The truth is, you Europeans are the softies. I know that's hard to accept but it's what we in the Americas know for a fact.

You looking to get your ass kicked, little lady?

ac_toofunny I'm not scared of neanderthals.

I´ll sit on your face..

Lets see how scared you get when my big, hairy neanderthal ass closes in on your face.

Finnish on filippina cultural violation.

Shouldn't that be the other way around? ac_lmfao

Seems like the Finns are doing things ass backwards.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 3:53 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:

I've been been going to church all my life.....I have yet to see a shooting during fellowship.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 4:13 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:

I've been been going to church all my life.....I have yet to see a shooting during fellowship.

As the great shepherd would say...

Tend your flock... And at times, fight off the wolves.

Here is something girly for you to hide under your sunday dress.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 4:17 pm 

Odinson wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:

Thanks, but I don't need it.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 5:36 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:

Neither have I, but Im sure neither did any of these folks that have had shootings at their churches. Its like my Dad always said, "ya never know".

Its sad that churches are being targets of attacks these days.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 5:39 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:

Neither have I, but Im sure neither did any of these folks that have had shootings at their churches. Its like my Dad always said, "ya never know".

Its sad that churches are being targets of attacks these days.

It has never happened to a church in Canada.

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 5:39 pm 

Odinson wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:

My mom always carried one of these....

and my dad's wife always carried one of these....

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2020, 5:43 pm 

I read a lot of orthodox Jews in the greater New York City area are carrying pepper spray and/or handguns.