It is currently September 18th, 2019, 2:46 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 9:48 am 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Odinson wrote:
Booze nullifies all your "gains" and eats away all your existing muscles.. You end up as a skinny fatso..

One of my reasons for quitting the liquor was getting back in shape while I still can.

After all the moonshine I was drinking, and after working out and not seeing any gains, what you say is true.

I quit drinking fourteen years ago. I workout 2-3 times a week and I never gained much muscle mass.

Well, 6 years ago I worked out for 2 months. Lost 30lbs, toned up some, gained in a lil in muscle, but I wasnt going for bulk. Tried that again last year for almost 3 months, but was drinking a lot, and I didnt lose weight or gain any muscle. It even messed up my forearm, pulled a tendon, and Im still dealing with it. Dont wanna completely heal, think its cause of driving my rickity Jeep so much everyday.

You sit two hours everyday driving.....that's not healthy..

We have standing desks now at work.....I love it.

Oh I know, I sit several hours a day depending on what Im doing here at work. Sometimes wish I had a standing desk.

Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 12:35 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Odinson wrote:
Booze nullifies all your "gains" and eats away all your existing muscles.. You end up as a skinny fatso..

One of my reasons for quitting the liquor was getting back in shape while I still can.

After all the moonshine I was drinking, and after working out and not seeing any gains, what you say is true.

I quit drinking fourteen years ago. I workout 2-3 times a week and I never gained much muscle mass.

Well, 6 years ago I worked out for 2 months. Lost 30lbs, toned up some, gained in a lil in muscle, but I wasnt going for bulk. Tried that again last year for almost 3 months, but was drinking a lot, and I didnt lose weight or gain any muscle. It even messed up my forearm, pulled a tendon, and Im still dealing with it. Dont wanna completely heal, think its cause of driving my rickity Jeep so much everyday.

Oh I know, I sit several hours a day depending on what Im doing here at work. Sometimes wish I had a standing desk.

My job is the definition of sedentary. I can sit for fifteen hours. Sometimes I wish I was outside lining switches, pulling pins and hooking up air as a conductor.

Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 6:54 pm 

iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Odinson wrote:

My job is the definition of sedentary. I can sit for fifteen hours. Sometimes I wish I was outside lining switches, pulling pins and hooking up air as a conductor.

I bet for you. At least I go up n down the hallway n load paper n stuff lol.

Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 7:10 pm 

iron horse jockey wrote:

And it's so EASY...even Freud could do it.

Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2019, 8:59 pm 

Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Odinson wrote:

I am glad I am semi retired. Farm work is tiring, but I like it.

Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 6:38 am 

Herman wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Odinson wrote:

And its rewarding :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 12:34 pm 

Farming is a lifestyle that appeals to a small segment of the population. Being a city boy, I never met anyone in rl who had a passion for farming.

Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 1:33 pm 

It generates income and you dont have "the man" breathing down your neck.

You are the man.

Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 1:46 pm 

Odinson wrote:

You are the man.

It's a huge investment and many farmers go bankrupt. The no monkey on your back would be nice though.

Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 2:11 pm 

iron horse jockey wrote:
Odinson wrote:

You are the man.

It's a huge investment and many farmers go bankrupt. The no monkey on your back would be nice though.

We buy farms because of the pine tree forests on their land..

Keeping cattle etc. is not necessary.

Couple of hundred hectares of pine tree forests is like owning a never ending gold mine.

Unread postPosted: May 15th, 2019, 4:20 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Herman wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
iron horse jockey wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Odinson wrote:

And its rewarding :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Yes, but it's a huge investment.

Unread postPosted: June 14th, 2019, 10:04 pm 

Old Herman is down to skin and bones. I weigh 204 pounds. I wanna gain ten pounds. I got to start eating carbs again.

Unread postPosted: June 15th, 2019, 3:30 am 

Herman wrote:
Old Herman is down to skin and bones. I weigh 204 pounds. I wanna gain ten pounds. I got to start eating carbs again.

Eat smart carbs though, like whole grains.

Unread postPosted: June 15th, 2019, 7:12 am 

iron horse jockey wrote:
Herman wrote:

Eat smart carbs though, like whole grains.

Browm rice and whole wheat pasta.