It is currently July 20th, 2019, 2:27 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 813 Next
Unread postPosted: December 13th, 2018, 8:31 pm 

Gaon wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
The words "Joe" and "true" do not belong in the same paragraph...or postcode.

He is an inveterate liar, to the extent that even HE has no clue whether or not what he says has any semblance of reality.

However, we've found it's best to side with "bullshit" whenever he speaks. What is clear is that if he gets ANY attention, he's a happy puppy.

Sorry, if I am giving the guy too much attention. But, there could be an adult virgin posting here. That leaves me speechless.

And yet I find it rather peculiar that a guy with a criminal record like Herman would be so obsessed with me.

Unread postPosted: December 13th, 2018, 8:38 pm 

JOE wrote:
Gaon wrote:
Bricktop wrote:

He is an inveterate liar, to the extent that even HE has no clue whether or not what he says has any semblance of reality.

However, we've found it's best to side with "bullshit" whenever he speaks. What is clear is that if he gets ANY attention, he's a happy puppy.

Sorry, if I am giving the guy too much attention. But, there could be an adult virgin posting here. That leaves me speechless.

And yet I find it rather peculiar that a guy with a criminal record like Herman would be so obsessed with me.

You are the first adult virgin I have ever heard of. You should be used to be a conversation piece.

Unread postPosted: December 13th, 2018, 9:36 pm 

Gaon wrote:
JOE wrote:
Gaon wrote:
Bricktop wrote:

You are the first adult virgin I have ever heard of. You should be used to be a conversation piece.

Well yer entitled to believe what you wanna believe, Gaon.

As a single guy one advantage is that I’m not stuck with the same model each time.

I kin try different makes and models out.

Y’know theres some cute Jewish girls working in the kosher delis on Oak Street in Vancouver.

Some are real purdy eh?

I’ve never done a Jew before.

But I’d like to try one out for a one night stand, eh?

Add that to my bucket list.

Unlike some here, no racist am I.

I’m extremely tolerant towards all races and religions.

EOE, eh.

Unread postPosted: December 13th, 2018, 9:40 pm 

I am not giving an opinion, I am telling you I have never met an adult virgin. I didn't know you or they existed.

You never denied it, so I started believing it.

So, are you a virgin?

Unread postPosted: December 13th, 2018, 9:54 pm 

Careful. You might get one of those dreaded hymen pics in a pm

Unread postPosted: December 13th, 2018, 9:54 pm 

Gaon wrote:
I am not giving an opinion, I am telling you I have never met an adult virgin. I didn't know you or they existed.

You never denied it, so I started believing it.

So, are you a virgin?

Frickin rights old Joe is a virgin.

Unread postPosted: December 14th, 2018, 9:06 am 

cc wrote:
Careful. You might get one of those dreaded hymen pics in a pm

:MG_216:

Unread postPosted: December 16th, 2018, 9:26 am 

Canada cannot afford Justin Trudeau.

Sound fiscal management? Not this government

Pinning down deficit figures from the federal Liberal government is like shooting a moving target.

That is also spinning and obscured in darkness.

Through a fog.

Even the independent Parliamentary Budget Office (PBO) has trouble figuring out how big the Liberals’ annual deficits will be.

Back in April, following Finance Minister Bill Morneau’s latest budget, the PBO projected Ottawa’s deficit would be $21.4 billion this year, not $17.5 billion as Morneau claimed. That’s a difference of nearly $4 billion or 22%.

Then in October, the PBO said maybe this year’s deficit would only be about $1.3 billion higher than Liberal projections. Only.

But according to Conservative Finance critic Pierre Poilievre, in a conversation he had with PBO officials earlier this week, the budget office once again expects this year’s deficit to be over $20 billion. And next year’s could be closer to $30 billion.

Liberal spending is out of control.

Remember how Trudeau and his party pledged to run a trio of “small” ($10 billion) deficits to stimulate the economy, then return the budget to balance by 2019? That was always a farce, of course.

First, you cannot stimulate a $1.6-trillion economy with $10 billion – six-tenths of 1%. (You can’t really stimulate much with an extra $30 billion, either. But you can sure slosh around a lot of goodies to your friends – like giving an extra $1.3 billion in equalization to Quebec.)

Second, it is always dangerous to give Liberals permission to go into the red. As the American satirist, P.J. O’Rourke once wrote, giving money and power to liberals “is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.”

The PBO now predicts there is less than a 30% chance of budget balance being restored by as early as 2024. Several experts have even calculated the Liberals are spending so much, budget balance is unlikely before the 2040s.

Kevin Page, the former parliamentary budget officer who now runs the Institute of Fiscal Studies and Democracy at the University of Ottawa, often locked horns with the Harper Tories. Like the Trudeau Liberals, the Tories often refused to release the financial documents the PBO wanted.

Nonetheless, Page estimates the Harper government’s Deficit Reduction Action Plan (DRAP) cut nearly $14 billion (roughly 5%) a year from federal spending and reduced the federal civil service by 10% (about 26,000 full-time positions).

Had the Tories been re-elected in 2015 and had they remained true to their DRAP, they would this year be spending $283 billion on federal programs and operations. Instead, the Liberals are on a path to spend $311 billion – roughly $28 billion more per year.

For what?

Insiders have admitted to me and many other journalists that there was genuine relief in the bureaucracy when the Harper Tories were defeated. The shackles were off. They were sure the Libs would have their backs if they spent, spent, spent.

So they have spent extravagantly and the Libs, indeed, have been very supportive. All this spending, though, has affected more than the federal deficit.

The first thing all this government borrowing does is drive up the cost of credit as Ottawa competes to borrow money with consumers looking to buy homes or vehicles.

But it also drives up taxes. Without increased taxes, Ottawa’s deficits would be higher still — $50 billion or more – and that would cost votes.

So the feds have raised taxes on average families by about $1,000 a year, with much more on the way (maybe double that) once their carbon tax and higher CPP premiums are implemented.

The Liberals pretend to care about sound fiscal management, but they don’t.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... government

Unread postPosted: December 18th, 2018, 10:09 am 

Trudeau's climate plan really is a climate marketing plan as Lorrie Goldstein says.

Trudeau’s carbon tax isn't about the climate
It’s about winning the next election — or trying to

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s carbon tax (aka price) isn’t a climate change plan.

It’s a climate marketing plan.

Its purpose isn’t to address man-made climate change by reducing industrial greenhouse gas emissions to avert catastrophic global warming.

It’s to win next year’s election against Andrew Scheer and the Conservatives.

Trudeau’s scheme will not do what he says it will do.

It will not, despite his claims, meet, along with other measures like more spending on public transit — the commitment he made to the United Nations in the 2015 Paris climate accord to reduce Canada’s emissions to 30% below 2005 levels by 2030.

Ditto his 2020 target of reducing emissions to 17% below 2005 levels.

Not even the UN, a Trudeau fan, believes he’s on track to reach either target — which used to be Stephen Harper’s — unless he’s willing to spend billions of taxpayers’ dollars buying carbon credits on fraud-ridden carbon markets.

But even if Trudeau hit those targets, it wouldn’t make any difference because the UN now says emission cuts have to be much deeper than those in the Paris accord.

And even if Trudeau hit these new targets, it wouldn’t make any difference.

Trudeau admitted that on the Quebec talk show, Tout Le Monde En Parle in October, when he said there was no point to making Canada’s emission cuts tougher because: “Even if Canada stopped everything tomorrow and the other countries didn’t have any solutions, it wouldn’t make a big difference.”

Except “the other countries,” collectively, don’t have “any solutions.”

Global emissions last year rose 1.4% to a record 32.5 billion tonnes, with this year’s total expected to be higher.

Canada, responsible for 1.6% of global emissions, reduced our emissions by 1.4% in 2016, far short of what Trudeau needs to fulfill even his Paris commitment.

So what is Trudeau’s plan really about?

It’s a political strategy to defeat Scheer and the Conservatives in 2019, who claim, absurdly, that they can meet Trudeau’s emission targets without a national carbon tax.

Trudeau’s appealing to the universe of potential Liberal voters who share the attitudes described by renowned climate change journalist George Monbiot, in his 2006 book, Heat, How to Stop the Planet from Burning.

While not referring to Canada specifically, Monbiot described these types of voters in the industrialized world as those who, “demand that the government acts, while hoping that it doesn’t”, who “wish our governments to pretend to act”, so they "get the moral satisfaction of saying what we know to be right, without the discomfort of doing it.”

“Political parties in most rich nations have already recognized this,” Monbiot writes. “They know that we want tough targets, but that we also want those targets to be missed. They know that we will grumble about their failure to curb climate change, but that we will not take to the streets. They know that nobody ever rioted for austerity.”

That’s why Trudeau portrays his carbon pricing scheme as a method of making more people better off financially than worse off, because higher-income Canadians who consume above average levels of fossil fuel energy will subsidize lower income Canadians who use less.

Except an ineffective carbon pricing plan like Trudeau’s is really just a wealth redistribution scheme.

To effectively lower emissions to meet even his Paris targets, Trudeau would have to raise Canada’s carbon price immediately to the $100 to $200 range per tonne of emissions, and much higher in future years, not $20 next year rising to $50 in 2022.

Trudeau’s plan is a cynical political strategy that plays on the guilt of potential Liberal voters, while condemning Scheer and the Conservatives as climate deniers.

Except both Trudeau and Scheer are climate deniers.

Neither of their plans, and we haven’t yet seen Scheer’s, will reduce emissions effectively.

Trudeau’s comes with a higher price tag to lower emissions a little more than Scheer’s, but neither will have a meaningful impact on global emissions.

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 12:27 pm 

A branch of a foreign 'charity' is already planning more legal tricks to block exports.

Hey Trudeau, try being a leader for once and declare the project in the national interest which the federal government can do. And while your at it, take away the charitable status of Soros' scam funded political subversion groups.

Group prepares legal challenge to stop Trans Mountain

OTTAWA — A Vancouver-based environment charity is readying itself to go back to court if — or they believe when — the federal government re-approves the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion next year.

The Wilderness Committee returned $25,000 in participant funding to the National Energy Board last month, citing the short timeline for the board’s new review on the marine impacts of the proposed expansion.

Peter Mccartney, climate campaigner for the committee, says the timelines are so short it underscores his belief the government is doing this just to fulfil the Federal Court of Appeal’s concerns with the original review, rather than to seriously reconsider the approval given to the project.

“They’re going through the motions but they’ve already made up their mind,” he said. “I don’t know what confidence they’re trying to inspire in people to trust this review.”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said many times the pipeline is going to be built. His government stepped in to buy it and build the expansion itself when political opposition left Kinder Morgan and its shareholders unwilling to continue. In an interview last week Trudeau said any decision to move forward again will be made as the review process is completed.

“What’s at issue here is not just this pipeline,” he said. “It’s our capacity as a country to get our resources to market.”

However, Mccartney said the government’s actions suggest the Liberals are going to approve it again no matter what and he warned they should expect another lawsuit as a result.

“Absolutely there will be,” he said. “People are already talking about that.”

The federal cabinet approved Trans Mountain in the fall of 2016. That approval was challenged by several environment groups and Indigenous communities who argued the original review didn’t properly consider impacts on marine life from the extra oil tankers required to carry more oil away from the marine terminal where the pipeline ends.

Indigenous communities also felt their concerns had not been addressed as is required by the constitutional duty to consult them.

The Federal Court of Appeal agreed and in August tore up the cabinet’s approval for the project, halting construction in its tracks.

In response, the federal Liberals ordered a new round of Indigenous consultations and also asked the NEB to go back and do a more thorough look at marine impacts. There is no specific timeline for the Indigenous consultations but the government gave the NEB only until Feb. 22 to complete its work.

The NEB’S original review did conclude that there would be negative impacts on marine life, including killer whales. But the board said marine impacts were outside its jurisdiction and, therefore, had no impact on its decision to approve the project.

Conservative natural resources critic Shannon Stubbs said the fact that environment groups are already planning another lawsuit is proof of the energy industry’s contention that environmentalists don’t want proper consideration given to the project, but rather want to delay it enough to eventually kill it.

“They will just do everything to stop it.”

Chris Bloomer, the president of the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association, said the government needs to get its new energy project assessment legislation fixed in order to prevent endless lawsuits on future projects.

Bill C-69, the Impact Assessment Act, is a major overhaul of how big projects are assessed for economic, environmental, social and health impacts. Bloomer believes if the bill passes as is, it will mean not a single new project will ever be approved in Canada again.

He said the bill as it is leaves so much room for interpretation and gives so much discretion to the environment minister, it will create more legal challenges to any future projects, not fewer.

“This is an avenue you can drive a truck through in terms of challenging it,” he said. “It’s so opaque and so vague as to who makes the determination.”

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 3:24 pm 

Justine along with the NDP government in BC scares off another $25 billion in investment and thousands of jobs.

There will not be another good resource industry job left in this country in five yeas if Justine is reelected. Bills C-49 and C-69 will see to that.

Exxon Mobil withdraws LNG project application

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... ailsignout
CALGARY - Exxon Mobil Corp. has withdrawn its environmental assessment application for a $25-billion LNG export facility on the B.C. coast it proposed in 2015.

The apparent shelving of the WCC LNG project is the latest blow to the West Coast liquefied natural gas export industry which at one time featured about 20 proposals, but has resulted in only one firm commitment to build.

The project had been proposed by Exxon Mobil and its Canadian partner, Imperial Oil Ltd., for Tuck Inlet in the Prince Rupert area on B.C.'s north coast.

Company spokeswoman Julie King said Exxon Mobil and Imperial withdrew the WCC LNG project from the environmental assessment process after careful review.

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 5:11 pm 

I dont understand where this approval rating for JT is coming from? They're saying of there was an election right now, he'd win? From what I have seen, many Canadians (who live here in Canada) are pissed off with him and want him out. The only people who are approving of him are those from other countries who have no clue what is actually going on.

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 5:38 pm 

Berry Sweet wrote:
I dont understand where this approval rating for JT is coming from? They're saying of there was an election right now, he'd win? From what I have seen, many Canadians (who live here in Canada) are pissed off with him and want him out. The only people who are approving of him are those from other countries who have no clue what is actually going on.

I don't understand it either. Shame on anyone for voting for Trudeau a second time.

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 8:06 pm 

Velvet wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:

I don't understand it either. Shame on anyone for voting for Trudeau a second time.

Exactly. This guy has done everything wrong. Treats Canadians like crap on national TV, says nasty things about Canadian citizens, deliberately stops a pipeline from getting built, kisses the asses of terrorists, neglects canadians and their needs while giving money to other countries, cant answer a simple question, the list just goes on....he makes Harper look like gold!

Unread postPosted: December 21st, 2018, 9:53 am 

Berry Sweet wrote:
Velvet wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:

Exactly. This guy has done everything wrong. Treats Canadians like crap on national TV, says nasty things about Canadian citizens, deliberately stops a pipeline from getting built, kisses the asses of terrorists, neglects canadians and their needs while giving money to other countries, cant answer a simple question, the list just goes on....he makes Harper look like gold!

That comment he made about construction workers in rural communities causing sexual assaults shows he doesn't understand or appreciate working Canadians.

Unread postPosted: December 28th, 2018, 1:33 pm 

Under Justine's watch, the virtue signalling stupidity at taxpayer's expense just keeps adding up.

Enbridge gets $14.7M federal refund over Northern Gateway pipeline project
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... 46Enbridge is getting a $14.7-million refund on fees it paid Canada's federal energy regulator for a pipeline it won't build.

The Northern Gateway pipeline was supposed to connect Alberta's oilpatch to a port in Kitimat, B.C., but the plan started to come apart when the federal Liberals banned tankers carrying large amounts of crude oil from British Columbia's north coast.

Without tankers to serve the port, there would be no point constructing more than 1,100 kilometres of pipeline to send Alberta bitumen to Kitimat.

nbridge had paid the National Energy Board $14.7 million in regulatory fees to monitor the pipeline's construction and operation. That was about 0.2 per cent of the estimated $7.9-billion cost of building it.

In February, the energy company asked for a refund. Just before Christmas, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cabinet agreed, saying in a formal decision that "it is just and reasonable to remit the funds."

"In this case, (the Northern Gateway Pipeline) did not begin construction and the project will never move into operation," the decision says.

The refund will be paid out of the government's general account.

Enbridge says it is still out $373 million in lost costs for the cancelled project. Spokeswoman Tracie Kenyon said Thursday the company has no other outstanding claims for reimbursements or refunds.

Unread postPosted: December 28th, 2018, 9:12 pm 

Trudeau faces further Western discontent in 2019

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, while never popular in Western Canada, has an even steeper uphill climb heading into 2019.

Say what you will about whether the idea of Alberta separatism should be taken seriously, but there’s no doubt that western discontent is a reality.

The second reality is that the prime minister seems out of touch with how to handle it.

Sure, Trudeau has talked a good game about how a strong economy and a strong environment aren’t mutually exclusive ideas, but given the state of things in Alberta of late we’re still missing half of that equation.

All Canadians are committed to a greener future, even the energy companies that are held up by progressive politicians as being on board with policies, such as a carbon tax.

But where are we at with the strong economy part? If you look west, it’s not a pretty picture.

There are still many people from the oilpatch who are out of work. There are still vacant office spaces in downtown Calgary, and a lack of market access drove down the price of Alberta oil to the point that even Jason Kenney was on board with the government regulating production.

And that’s where the anger is coming from.

That’s why you’re seeing thousands take to the streets in protest in the heart of the oilpatch.

The stalled Trans Mountain pipeline may not be the fault of the Trudeau government, they even opted to buy the thing. But it’s part of a bigger picture.

That picture includes, as has been mentioned before, Northern Gateway, Energy East, Bill C-69 (which has been opposed by energy companies, and former Liberal leadership hopeful Martha Hall Findlay and will hopefully see positive amendments at a Senate committee), and a tanker ban that would affect Alberta oil exports to the west while doing nothing about Quebec and New Brunswick oil imports out east.

The PM and his ministers may claim to feel the pain of those hurting. They’ve yet to prove they know how to heal it though.

And heading into 2019, it will be harder for him to ignore.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... nt-in-2019

Unread postPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 12:53 pm 

There would be no need for all this wasteful spending if Tudeau hadn't killed Northern Gateway, Energy East and the TMX expansion.

Numbers are in and Trudeau's infrastructure plan is largely useless

Would it surprise you to find out that the federal Liberals’ 10-year, $187-billion infrastructure plan has been largely useless so far?

“Really!?,” you ask. “Grotesque overspending by Ottawa has been mostly ineffective? Say it ain’t so.”

But it is so.

We are about one-third of the way through the Liberals’ proposed decade of infrastructure excess and we know three things for sure.

Total new spending was never going to be close to $187 billion. At the beginning, the Liberals simply reannounced $92 billion in infrastructure spending promised by the former Harper government, added $95 billion of their own and – presto! — $187 billion.

The spending since the Liberals took over in 2015 has been so haphazard that even the best fiscal minds in the country cannot say how much of the money spent so far has gone to legitimate infrastructure projects (roads, bridges, telecommunications networks, rail lines and waterways) and how much to Liberal pet projects in swing ridings.

And, finally, the third thing that can be said with some certainty is that all this tax- and deficit-funded spending has had nowhere near the economic impact the Liberals projected during the 2015 federal campaign. The best guess (and because of the shoddy bookkeeping, all anyone can do is guess) is that the program has had no more than one-third of the stimulus effect Prime Minister Justin Trudeau claimed it would have.

The Liberals insisted that if they could just overspend by $10 billion a year for three years, the new infrastructure those deficits would pay for would boost Canada’s GDP by 0.4% a year or nearly $5 billion annually.

Instead, the Parliamentary Budget Office (PBO) estimates the maximum amount of stimulus generated by all these buckets and buckets of taxpayer cash has been 0.16% or less than $2 billion. The stimulus effect might even by closer to just $1 billion a year.

Our economy would have been better off leaving the money in Canadians’ pockets and letting them use it for savings or consumer goods.

The Liberals’ infrastructure spending has caused annual deficits of between $20 billion and $30 billion – much larger than the $10 billion promised by Trudeau and his party while campaigning four years ago. And those deficits could last through 2040, not be gone by 2020. Yet that red-ink spending has failed to lift our economy out of stagnation.

While there are pockets of economic despair in Canada (particularly in the oil-dependent West), our national economy has been mediocre. It has been OK, but only OK.

However, it could have been very much better had the Trudeau government not gone ass-over-apple-cart for new infrastructure spending. Sucking $30 billion or $40 billion out of the economy for questionable government spending over the past three years, in return for at most a couple billion a year in GDP growth, is a very poor investment.

According to the PBO, there are 32 federal departments or agencies that have been given money to spend in the infrastructure program, but no one entity or cabinet minister that has overall responsibility for where the money is spent. That, of course, means no one who knows where or how the money is being spent.

The chaos is so complete that former Budget Officer Kevin Page, who now heads the Institute for Fiscal Studies and Democracy at the University of Ottawa, admits that data is “so lacking” his institute was unable even to do a rough analysis.

The trouble with people who support the Liberals and Trudeau is that results matter far less to them than appearances. Throwing money at a goal is proof of caring.

And caring is Priority No. 1. So actually stimulating the economy is less important than appearing to care.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... ly-useless

Unread postPosted: January 3rd, 2019, 2:46 am 

JT makes me sick. He can never answer a question, just dances around it. This election campaign is going to be a gong show.

Unread postPosted: January 3rd, 2019, 5:56 am 

Berry Sweet wrote:
JT makes me sick. He can never answer a question, just dances around it. This election campaign is going to be a gong show.

If he doesn't like a question he calls the person asking the question names.
:negative:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 813 Next