It is currently June 17th, 2019, 8:05 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
Unread postPosted: April 8th, 2019, 12:07 pm 

Unread postPosted: April 8th, 2019, 12:25 pm 

Unread postPosted: April 9th, 2019, 7:56 am 

Trudeau threatens to sue over what everyone’s thinking

A large number of Canadians are now probably asking themselves if they need to lawyer up in case Prime Minister Justin Trudeau decides to go after them as well.

on Sunday, Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer revealed that a lawyer for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sent him a letter threatening to sue him for libel based on his Lavscam comments.

Towards the end of last month, Scheer was musing on the release of Jody Wilsonraybould’s documents to the Justice Committee and stated that they offer “concrete evidence that proves Justin Trudeau led a campaign to politically interfere with Snc-lavalin’s criminal prosecution”.

Julian Porter, Trudeau’s lawyer, wrote to Scheer that “your statement, in its entirety, is beyond the pale of fair debate and is libellous of my client personally and in the way of his occupation as prime minister.”

Interesting. But there is just a small problem here. for the past couple of months Canadians have been engaged in vigorous debate over the very issue Scheer’s sentence touches upon.

Many Canadians do believe that the Prime Minister’s office and those who have worked in it did in fact politically interfere. Many believe, after listening to evidence like the Wernick tape, that Trudeau was personally a part of this. (And, to be fair, others side with Trudeau.)

Academics, lawyers, former prosecutors, former Attorney Generals – these voices and more have come forward to say they believe there may have been obstruction of justice and that the RCMP needs to be called in.

It could be the specific wording Scheer used — “concrete evidence that proves” — that set off Trudeau and his legal advisors. The whole threat though is risky business.

Scheer was rightly making the case on Sunday.

“If Mr. Trudeau believes he has a case against me, I urge him to follow through on his threat immediately,” Scheer said in a statement. “Canadians want this scandal to be investigated in a legal setting where Liberals do not control the proceedings.”

It’s true that if a libel suit like this went to court, then the justice system would be tasked with weighing in on the truth or falsehood of Scheer’s allegation.

It would basically be a Lavscam trial. No wonder Scheer’s welcoming it.

expect Trudeau to back down from this ill-advised move.

Unread postPosted: April 10th, 2019, 11:26 am 

Canadians increasingly see Justine as the pathetic phony liar that he is.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5148607/rcmp ... amas-trip/
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s RCMP handlers were vetting The Bahamas as a vacation destination for the prime minister at least nine months before Trudeau took his family on the 2016-2017 Christmas vacation that would cause so much controversy, according to a new document provided to Global News as a result of a request under federal records laws filed more than two years ago.

Trudeau would later become the first prime minister in history to break a federal law while in office when parliament’s Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner ruled in December, 2017 that, in accepting the gift of a free vacation on a private Bahamas island and free travel in a non-government aircraft, Trudeau violated four provisions of the Conflict of Interest Act.

Unread postPosted: April 10th, 2019, 9:46 pm 

Unread postPosted: April 11th, 2019, 8:28 pm 

Unread postPosted: April 15th, 2019, 9:09 am 

Voters need to hold Trudeau to his positive politics promise

What a difference six months can make. It looks like not only has Lavscam soured voters in the lead up to the election, but the political scandal has turned Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sour as well.

here’s a Canadian Press headline from last December: “Justin Trudeau tells Liberal donors that he’ll keep his 2019 campaign positive”.

The story explained that “[t]he prime minister told them he plans to run on a platform of positivity in the October 2019 election, despite what he described as the growing popularity of using division and fear for political gain.”

This message was supposed to be something of a trend. And the PM kept it up, at least for a few months. “keep it positive in a campaign year, Trudeau tells MPS” was the headline from a month later.

That was then. This is now. And by “this” we mean what happened on February 7th onwards — the day Lavscam first broke.

The PM has been far from positive the past couple of months. he initially claimed the whole Lavscam story was “false.” Then his proxies went out to denounce it as a “witch hunt” and attempt to undermine the credibility of both Jody Wilson-raybould and Jane Philpott.

The antics of a number of Liberal caucus members have been downright nasty. And the hostile and theatrical words at a committee testimony from Michael Wernick, the top public servant, have unfortunately shook public confidence in the public service.

While Trudeau had many opportunities to own up to his Lavscam missteps and offer something of an apology to the Canadian people, he has chosen to not do that. Instead he has gone into attack mode and come out looking much different than the person who ran on a platform of “sunny ways” four years ago.

Whether it’s Trudeau mocking a First nations protester with his snarky “thank you for your donation” quip or the PM and other caucus members sadly trying to argue Conservative leader Andrew scheer is in league with white supremacists, it seems the Liberals are in fact planning to run a gutter campaign.

Canadians need to remember not just what Trudeau said several years ago about being positive but what he said several months ago.

And they need to hold him to it.

Unread postPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 2:12 pm 

Unread postPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 7:15 pm 

I cant believe he has the nerve to keep going and act as of nothing is wrong. This guy is delusional.

Unread postPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 7:22 pm 

Berry Sweet wrote:
I cant believe he has the nerve to keep going and act as of nothing is wrong. This guy is delusional.

I wish I could vote, so I could make Trudeau a part time drama teacher again.

Unread postPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 7:24 pm 

Gaon wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:

Do you have citizenship yet? Sorry im not sure how all it works. I think its a 2 year process?? Unless you are an illegal, then you get it asap.

Unread postPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 7:32 pm 

Berry Sweet wrote:
Gaon wrote:
Berry Sweet wrote:

Do you have citizenship yet? Sorry im not sure how all it works. I think its a 2 year process?? Unless you are an illegal, then you get it asap.

It takes a minimum of three years permanent residency before people can apply for citizenship.

Unread postPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 9:39 am 

By Brian Lilley of Sun News Media

Trudeau’s travel hypocrisy
PM has rules for him, another set for you

Justin Trudeau spent Earth Day as only Justin Trudeau could: He flew across the country from Ottawa to Tofino, B.C., to go surfing.

Maybe he will dim the lights on Monday and light some candles to make everything better.

Alright, he didn’t fly from Ottawa to Tofino just to go surfing on Earth Day — he also took in Easter on the waves.

Still, it takes a certain amount of hubris to spend all of your time telling Canadians that they must reduce their carbon footprint while you jet across the country and around the world in order to live your best life.

In the week leading up to his surfing trip, Trudeau visited Toronto with his son and then flew back to Ottawa on April 13. He came back to southern Ontario for an announcement in Kitchener and townhall in Cambridge on April 16.

He then flew back to Ottawa on April 18 and then back down to southern Ontario for Good Friday.

Trudeau spent the Holy days for Christians and Jews in Hamilton and North York before heading back to Ottawa to collect the family and fly out to Tofino on the Saturday.

That is quite the carbon footprint for a man who is imposing a carbon tax on the rest of us and constantly saying that we must reduce our own carbon footprint.

Especially when you consider how the PM travels.

For each of these trips, Trudeau would fly out on the Challenger jet owned by the government.

But before he heads out, there is an advance team of four or more people who travel to the scene a day or two before each event to make sure that everything is in order.

While most of the security team will travel with Trudeau, others travel ahead of time to make sure events are not a risk to the PM.

If the PM is travelling for any length of time, we can add more staff to the list.

If Trudeau, or any PM, is going to be away from Ottawa for any length of time, then the Privy Council Office sends a mobile office and staff to operate it ahead of the PM.

They are definitely there in Tofino along with the advance team and the RCMP and all that goes with the PM when he travels.

I don’t begrudge any of these trappings of the office to the PM. For the most part, Trudeau has little if any say over them.

Yet, he does have a say over his lecturing of the rest of us.

As Trudeau jets to Tofino, Whistler or places in the Caribbean, the rest of us are told to lower our carbon footprint.

I’ve been covering politics a long time.

I don’t remember Jean Chretien, Paul Martin or Stephen Harper taking so many trips.

In fairness, Martin wasn’t in the job long but Chretien and Harper were.

With about a decade in office for each of them it is doubtful that the two men took as many taxpayer-funded vacations combined as Trudeau has in less than four years.

Chretien liked visiting the lake and going water skiing. Harper was once harshly criticized for taking his kids to a baseball game on the margins of a government trip.

Trudeau? He’s all about the vacations.

Vacations on your dime, driving up the carbon footprint, all while lecturing you to lower your footprint.

Looks like Trudeau believes in “Do what I say, not what I do,” when it comes saving the planet.

Unread postPosted: April 25th, 2019, 10:33 am 

Trudeau's reelection campaign theme will be the biggest security threat facing Canada is white nationalism and Andrew Scheer and the Conservatives are it's enablers. :crazy:

By Brian Lilley of Sun News Media

PM’S little white lie
Plays politics on terrorism again

Justin Trudeau wants you to know one thing: White supremacy is the greatest threat facing the world and all of his opponents are white supremacists or tied to them in some way. Now, neither claim is true. Not all of Trudeau’s opponents, especially not any of the mainstream elected officials are white supremacists. Neither is white supremacy the biggest threat facing the world, or Canada for that matter.

It’s what Justin Trudeau wants you to think because he is desperate.

When Trudeau was elected in 2015, I — along with most pundits — expected that he would be a two-term prime minister. It was a no-brainer: The Conservatives and NDP were looking for new leaders, Trudeau was personally popular, the media went light on him.

Well, now just a little more than six months before the next election and Trudeau is looking weak and vulnerable, which is why he is lashing out.

The problem is people aren’t buying it.

Not only have voters rejected the idea that Conservative leader Andrew Scheer is a foamingat-the-mouth bigot, they’ve rejected the same claims against provincial conservative leaders like Ontario’s Doug Ford and Alberta’s Jason Kenney.

It hasn’t stopped Trudeau or his allies in the media from pushing the narrative.

I’m not saying that white supremacy or white nationalists — or whatever you want to call this sickening ideology — is not a problem, but it is not the bogeyman that Trudeau and company would have you believe.

And just recently, some of Canada’s allies told Trudeau and company just that.

As the Canadian Press reported this week, Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland faced resistance when she attempted to insert language into a G7 communique calling white supremacy a global threat.

Not all of our G7 allies were on board and I don’t think it was just the Americans.

Then again, if you read Canada’s own annual report on terrorism, you would know this isn’t even the biggest threat in Canada.

The 2018 Public Report on the Terrorism Threat to Canada does list “Rightwing Extremism” as a threat but it is one of several.

And while it spends a little bit of time on groups that include white supremacists, it spends much more on other groups, including Sunni Islamist extremists, the biggest threat according to Canada’s intelligence agencies.

They have more groups to monitor, more plots have been busted and around the world it remains the greatest threat.

Just ask the friends and family of the nearly 400 people killed in Sri Lanka this past weekend.

The multiple attacks targeting Christians on Easter Sunday at churches and hotels are being blamed on Jihadists.

Those weren’t the only jihadist attacks last week.

On April 21, a dozen Malian soldiers were killed in an attack by an al-qaida-linked group. On April 20, a suicide attack on a government building killed at least 10 in Kabul, Afghanistan. Even in Cameroon, more than a dozen were killed and many more left homeless after a jihadi attack in the village of Tchakarmari.

None of these attacks, or the many others carried out last week, were by white supremacists or those who support them.

They were carried out by Sunni Islamist extremists, the same threat that Canada’s intelligence agencies spend most of their time dealing with.

Often with these groups, their victims are fellow Muslims that don’t meet the strict standards of the radicals.

But Trudeau won’t speak about that, he even gets other parts of the terror threat report changed for political reasons.

Yet when it comes to attacking his political opponents, the people that could unseat him come October, say like Andrew Scheer, Trudeau will make any wild accusation he can to try to win.

Let’s hope Canadians see past it.

Unread postPosted: April 25th, 2019, 10:56 am 

The greatest global security threat is white supremacism and Andrew Scheer is a closet supporter. That is how Trudeau intends to get reelected. The Trudeau regime is utterly despicable.

Freeland’s Partisan G7 Ploy

It was troubling enough to learn that the Liberals were willing to revise a public safety terror report to win support form Sikh voters.

That’s certainly what it looked like the other week when the phrase “Sikh extremism” was removed from a report at the 11th hour, just before prime Minister Justin Trudeau attended popular and vote-rich Sikh holy day celebrations in british Columbia.

it was alarming to think that something as non-partisan as an intelligence report could be revised for seemingly partisan reasons. Former b.c. premier Ujjal Dosanjh sounded off in the Sun that it was a case of “extreme pandering.”

Now we have another example of the Liberals adjusting national security priorities for what may prove to be solely partisan reasons. This time they’re doing it on an international scale.

it was recently revealed by the Canadian press that Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland attempted to coerce her counterparts at the G7 to send out a joint communique that claimed white supremacy at home and abroad posed a major global threat. The other countries were reluctant to go along with it.

There is no doubt that white supremacist sentiment is a dangerous scourge that should be denounced by our politicians. but there are no credible intelligence assessments that suggest it is a global phenomenon comparable in scale and threat level to the one we face from radical islamist terror.

it is still an issue to keep an eye on and hopefully our intelligence agencies are doing just that. No Canadian wants a repeat of the Quebec mosque massacre.

Why, though, is Freeland torquing the threat? What is the point of trying to pressure other countries on this issue? Perhaps it’s all for domestic partisan gain. it would be sad if true, but we’ve seen in recent weeks various attempts by the Liberals to link Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer to the broader issue of white supremacy and neo-nazis.
It’s deeply cynical politics but the Liberals clearly feel that if they can’t beat Scheer on policy, they have to go after the person.

They need to back away from this troubling game. Whether it’s Sikh extremism or white supremacy, don’t play politics with security matters.

Unread postPosted: April 25th, 2019, 6:17 pm 

seoulbro wrote:
The greatest global security threat is white supremacism and Andrew Scheer is a closet supporter. That is how Trudeau intends to get reelected. The Trudeau regime is utterly despicable.

Freeland’s Partisan G7 Ploy

It was troubling enough to learn that the Liberals were willing to revise a public safety terror report to win support form Sikh voters.

That’s certainly what it looked like the other week when the phrase “Sikh extremism” was removed from a report at the 11th hour, just before prime Minister Justin Trudeau attended popular and vote-rich Sikh holy day celebrations in british Columbia.

it was alarming to think that something as non-partisan as an intelligence report could be revised for seemingly partisan reasons. Former b.c. premier Ujjal Dosanjh sounded off in the Sun that it was a case of “extreme pandering.”

Now we have another example of the Liberals adjusting national security priorities for what may prove to be solely partisan reasons. This time they’re doing it on an international scale.

it was recently revealed by the Canadian press that Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland attempted to coerce her counterparts at the G7 to send out a joint communique that claimed white supremacy at home and abroad posed a major global threat. The other countries were reluctant to go along with it.

There is no doubt that white supremacist sentiment is a dangerous scourge that should be denounced by our politicians. but there are no credible intelligence assessments that suggest it is a global phenomenon comparable in scale and threat level to the one we face from radical islamist terror.

it is still an issue to keep an eye on and hopefully our intelligence agencies are doing just that. No Canadian wants a repeat of the Quebec mosque massacre.

Why, though, is Freeland torquing the threat? What is the point of trying to pressure other countries on this issue? Perhaps it’s all for domestic partisan gain. it would be sad if true, but we’ve seen in recent weeks various attempts by the Liberals to link Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer to the broader issue of white supremacy and neo-nazis.
It’s deeply cynical politics but the Liberals clearly feel that if they can’t beat Scheer on policy, they have to go after the person.

They need to back away from this troubling game. Whether it’s Sikh extremism or white supremacy, don’t play politics with security matters.

I cannot vote in this year's national election, but if I could I would not let the pm bully me with the extremist label. I would vote my conscience and I would not care what anyone called my for exercising my democratic right.

Unread postPosted: April 27th, 2019, 10:35 am 

Real leaders do not use international summits to smear their political opposition, especially to Hollywood actors. But, we all know Trudeau is no statesman.

PM lies to the world
Smears political rivals at international summit

There is an unwritten but well-understood rule in Canadian politics, in fact it stands for most Western countries — you don’t attack your political opponent on foreign soil.

The idea goes that as much as politicians may disagree here at home, there is a united front on the international stage.

Consider it the grownup and political equivalent of the rule from when you were a kid — you and your siblings could fight and call each other names, but you didn’t let people outside the family do that.

So it is, or is supposed to be, with politics.

But do those rules still apply if the international stage is on Canadian soil?

Justin Trudeau used an international summit, paid for by the taxpayers of Canada, to attack his political foes this week.

The Nature Champions Summit was held in Montreal over the past few days. Here is how the government website described it.

“Nature champions from around the world, including governments, major philanthropists, business leaders, nongovernmental organizations, youth, Indigenous leaders, and United Nations agencies will be coming together to build a new high-ambition coalition to drive global nature protection forward.”

So the Canadian government invited other countries, UN agencies and business leaders — plus movie star Harrison Ford — to Montreal to hear Trudeau launch partisan attacks on Andrew Scheer and Doug Ford?

That simply doesn’t seem right.

And make no mistake, the comments were overtly partisan and also completely false.

After speaking for a couple of minutes about the importance of climate change, Trudeau pivoted to launch the attack.

“The opposition denies that climate change is real,” Trudeau said.

“Look no further than Ontario to find a provincial government that is wasting taxpayers’ money fighting climate action in court, while ignoring their commitments to protect species at risk. It’s shortsighted and irresponsible and frankly, Canadians deserve better.”

Trudeau then made another false claim that the previous Conservative government did nothing to protect nature for 10 years.

Again, this is to an international gathering with governments and UN agencies present and Trudeau is treating it like a Liberal fundraiser where attacking the opposition is sport.

So let’s look at the claims, the false claims, that Trudeau made.

Does the opposition deny climate change?

Not at all.

Federal Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer may oppose Trudeau’s carbon tax plan but he has never said climate change isn’t real and has pledged to take a different approach.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford is the same. In fact, in the court challenge launched by his government, the opening arguments stated that the court battle was not over climate change but over the constitutionality of Trudeau’s approach.

Is the Ontario government ignoring species at risk?

They just announced that they will update the act and modernize it, they are taking a different approach than Trudeau but that doesn’t mean they are ignoring species at risk.

And as for the Conservatives doing nothing to protect nature for a decade, maybe Trudeau should look to the expansion of several national parks and establishment of new ones under the Harper government.

I expect politicians in this country to be tough on each other, to point out their differences, especially when asking for votes.

What I don’t expect is our PM to use an international gathering, paid for by taxpayers, to bash fellow Canadians with pure falsehoods as if it were just another Liberal campaign stop.

Trudeau is right about one thing, Canadians deserve better.

Unread postPosted: April 27th, 2019, 12:17 pm 

What a pair a celebutard and a celeb wannabe PM.

Unread postPosted: April 28th, 2019, 9:26 am 

Even die-hard Liberals like Warren Kinsella have turned on this pm.

100 days of missteps
Trudeau drops dramatically in polls due to SNC-Lavalin scandal

One hundred days.

A lot can happen in 100 days.

Because, per the saying, a week can be a lifetime in politics.

One hundred or so days ago, Justin Trudeau fired Jody Wilson-raybould. One hundred days ago, the Liberal leader — the one who claimed to be feminist, the one who declared himself the champion of Indigenous causes, and the ethical epitome — terminated Wilson-raybould because she refused to do what he wanted her to.

Because she — a proud, smart, courageous Indigenous woman — refused to interfere in the criminal prosecution of a sleazy Quebec company facing innumerable corruption charges. Because she had the guts and the principles to say “no” to a bunch of men who wouldn’t take no for an answer.

In the 100 days that have gone by since Jan. 14, everything has changed.

The guaranteed second Trudeau majority? Gone.

Polls now say Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives are ahead — or way ahead.

Trudeau, meanwhile, is viscerally disliked pretty much everywhere outside of Quebec.

Hell, in Prince Edward Island’s just-finished election, Liberals told Trudeau to stay away, because his very name was dragging them down.

The P.E.I. Grits still finished a distant third, a rump, behind the Tories — and the Greens!

Out in Alberta, most observers agree that Jason Kenney won a majority — and Rachel Notley lost a majority — because the latter leader had gotten too close to Trudeau.

And because the former leader had done all he could to associate Notley with Trudeau. (It worked.)

In the hundred days since Justin Trudeau politically lynched Jody Wilsonraybould, plenty of other things have happened, too.

The Globe and Mail published a series of stories detailing Trudeau’s apparent efforts to obstruct justice to help out Snclavalin. Trudeau called the stories fake. But all of the Globe’s stories turned out to be true. Every word.

Trudeau insisted he didn’t fire Wilson-raybould from the job she loved — from the job she was great at. He said her continued presence in cabinet was proof. A day later, Wilsonraybould quit his cabinet.

The clowns on the Justice Committee refused to let Wilsonraybould testify about Lavscam. After a tsunami of political blowback, they reversed themselves.

But the committee’s Liberal trained seals — and Trudeau — refused to let Wilson-raybould testify about what Trudeau said and did after that fateful cabinet shuffle. When, sources tell me, Trudeau threatened recriminations, and promised rewards, when he spoke to his former Minister of Justice.

Trudeau’s best friend and principal secretary — and the Clerk of his Privy Council — are both implicated in the metastasizing Lavscam scandal. Both insisted they did nothing wrong. But both abruptly resigned.

The Liberals defeated each and every Opposition attempt to get the truth. At the Ethics Committee, in the Justice Committee, in the House of Commons: in vote after vote, the panicked Grits continued to cover up. They continued to stonewall.

PMO trotted out obscure Liberal backbenchers and banshees to defame and demean Jody Wilsonraybould and her ally, Jane Philpott — who had resigned cabinet because she could no longer go along with the Trudeaupian sleaze. One PMO attack poodle, Sheila Copps, actually calls Wilson-raybould and Philpott pus-filled “boils.”

And on, and on. A hundred days later — a hundred days after he made the insane decision to martyr Jody Wilson-raybould — pollsters say Justin Trudeau is heading towards inevitable defeat.

Of Jody Wilson-raybould and Jane Philpott? The other parties are trying to convince the pair to run for them.

Jody, polls say, is believed and supported by the vast majority of Canadians.

And, one hundred fateful days later, Justin just isn’t.

The Liberals defeated each and every Opposition attempt to get the truth ... in vote after vote ... ”

Warren Kinsella

Unread postPosted: April 28th, 2019, 8:41 pm 

I saw the latest episode of the Simpsons with an actor doing the voice of Justin Trudeau..

It portrayed our pm very favourably..

I guess Americans haven't found out yet how phony he is.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next