It is currently December 11th, 2019, 3:40 am

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: November 27th, 2019, 1:46 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
seoulbro wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
**Strike averted! Tentative agreement reached!**

So, did the union get what they asked for?

We don't know the details until we vote, probably in a week


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: November 27th, 2019, 2:07 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16337
Superchecker wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
**Strike averted! Tentative agreement reached!**

So, did the union get what they asked for?

We don't know the details until we vote, probably in a week

That is weird. The union and the employer reach an agreement without telling the members.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 2:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
Herman wrote:
That is weird. The union and the employer reach an agreement without telling the members.


The president of Unifor, and our two local bargaining committees sat down with TransLink /CMBC company negotiators for over ten hours, hammered out a "tentative agreement". This averted a full three day shutdown.

Now, next Thursday, 5000 union members will learn the details of the tentative agreement, and actually vote on whether to accept or turn it down.

Until then, full service resumes and all job action since Nov 1 stops.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 5:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 1070
Superchecker wrote:
Herman wrote:
That is weird. The union and the employer reach an agreement without telling the members.


The president of Unifor, and our two local bargaining committees sat down with TransLink /CMBC company negotiators for over ten hours, hammered out a "tentative agreement". This averted a full three day shutdown.

Now, next Thursday, 5000 union members will learn the details of the tentative agreement, and actually vote on whether to accept or turn it down.

Until then, full service resumes and all job action since Nov 1 stops.

I hope it's an agreement you can vote yes too Superchecker.

_________________
https://www.santasanonymous.ca/


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 12:55 pm 

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 11:55 pm
Posts: 590
Bus strike is over, now it's SkyTrain strike. No SkyTrain service next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 1:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
seoulbro wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
**Strike averted! Tentative agreement reached!**

So, did the union get what they asked for?


2% raise retroactive to April 1; another 1% raise immediately.

3% raise next April 1; 3% raise the following April 1.

Improved benefits, language around washroom breaks. Can bank and have access to more banked overtime days.

No concessions

Improved wages and benefits for mini bus bus drivers too


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 1:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
TheVancouverGuy wrote:
Bus strike is over, now it's SkyTrain strike. No SkyTrain service next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

To clarify: No Expo line or Millennium line service.

Canada line is separate, and should be operating


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 1:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12687
TheVancouverGuy wrote:
Bus strike is over, now it's SkyTrain strike. No SkyTrain service next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

What? The transit system in Vancouver is not unified like Toronto's TTC?

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 1:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12687
Superchecker wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
**Strike averted! Tentative agreement reached!**

So, did the union get what they asked for?


2% raise retroactive to April 1; another 1% raise immediately.

3% raise next April 1; 3% raise the following April 1.

Improved benefits, language around washroom breaks. Can bank and have access to more banked overtime days.

No concessions

Improved wages and benefits for mini bus bus drivers too

Consider yourself lucky. Not many hourly workers are get nine percent over three years. It's actually more than nine per cent over the life of the contract.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 1:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
seoulbro wrote:
TheVancouverGuy wrote:
Bus strike is over, now it's SkyTrain strike. No SkyTrain service next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

What? The transit system in Vancouver is not unified like Toronto's TTC?

TransLink does the planning and the funding of the regions transit system and major road network.

Coast Mountain bus company is an operating subsidiary, that operates the SeaBus and about 98% of the regions buses.

BCRTC is a subsidiary, that operates the Expo and Millennium line SkyTrain lines.

West Coast Express is contracted to operate the commuter rail line

Transit Police is another subsidiary

HandyDART is contracted out

West Vancouver blue bus is separate

Canada line is separate

About a dozen community shuttle bus routes are contracted out


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 1:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12687
Superchecker wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
TheVancouverGuy wrote:
Bus strike is over, now it's SkyTrain strike. No SkyTrain service next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

What? The transit system in Vancouver is not unified like Toronto's TTC?

TransLink does the planning and the funding of the regions transit system and major road network.

Coast Mountain bus company is an operating subsidiary, that operates the SeaBus and about 98% of the regions buses.

BCRTC is a subsidiary, that operates the Expo and Millennium line SkyTrain lines.

West Coast Express is contracted to operate the commuter rail line

Transit Police is another subsidiary

HandyDART is contracted out

West Vancouver blue bus is separate

Canada line is separate

About a dozen community shuttle bus routes are contracted out

What a hodge podge of transit systems. You work for Coast Mountain?

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 2:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
seoulbro wrote:
What a hodge podge of transit systems. You work for Coast Mountain?


Yes, approximately 4000 bus drivers, and 1000 maintenance and SeaBus staff.

Was part of BC Transit until April 1999


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 2:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12687
Superchecker wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
What a hodge podge of transit systems. You work for Coast Mountain?


Yes, approximately 4000 bus drivers, and 1000 maintenance and SeaBus staff.

Was part of BC Transit until April 1999

Is there much difference in contracts between the different transit companies?

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 2:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 25th, 2018, 2:30 am
Posts: 130
I hate busses so I don't care, I took the seabus to North vancouver once and then took a bus to Grouse Mountain, it was a horrible experience


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 2:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12687
Skippy wrote:
I hate busses so I don't care, I took the seabus to North vancouver once and then took a bus to Grouse Mountain, it was a horrible experience

Growing up in Toronto, I took the TTC. I have never been on a bus in Barrie.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 7th, 2019, 6:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2018, 11:04 am
Posts: 2115
Superchecker wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Superchecker wrote:
**Strike averted! Tentative agreement reached!**

So, did the union get what they asked for?


2% raise retroactive to April 1; another 1% raise immediately.

3% raise next April 1; 3% raise the following April 1.

Improved benefits, language around washroom breaks. Can bank and have access to more banked overtime days.

No concessions

Improved wages and benefits for mini bus bus drivers too

Congratulations. I don't ride buses or the skytrain, but I am glad the strike is over.

_________________
The Russian Rock It


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 8th, 2019, 1:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16337
Skippy wrote:
I hate busses so I don't care, I took the seabus to North vancouver once and then took a bus to Grouse Mountain, it was a horrible experience

All of Vancouver is a horrible experience.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 8th, 2019, 4:48 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Metro Vancouver
Herman wrote:
Skippy wrote:
I hate busses so I don't care, I took the seabus to North vancouver once and then took a bus to Grouse Mountain, it was a horrible experience

All of Vancouver is a horrible experience.

I respect your opinion, but disagree.

Metro Vancouver is far from perfect, has a variety of issues and challenges, but can be a very beautiful region with lots of opportunities.

Born here. Raised here. Continue to work and live here. It is home.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 8th, 2019, 5:27 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 1070
Superchecker wrote:
Herman wrote:
Skippy wrote:
I hate busses so I don't care, I took the seabus to North vancouver once and then took a bus to Grouse Mountain, it was a horrible experience

All of Vancouver is a horrible experience.

I respect your opinion, but disagree.

Metro Vancouver is far from perfect, has a variety of issues and challenges, but can be a very beautiful region with lots of opportunities.

Born here. Raised here. Continue to work and live here. It is home.

That's perfectly understandable SC..

Calgary isn't perfect, but it's home for me.

_________________
https://www.santasanonymous.ca/


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver bus strike
Unread postPosted: December 8th, 2019, 10:30 am 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 8666
Superchecker wrote:
Herman wrote:
Skippy wrote:
I hate busses so I don't care, I took the seabus to North vancouver once and then took a bus to Grouse Mountain, it was a horrible experience

All of Vancouver is a horrible experience.

I respect your opinion, but disagree.

Metro Vancouver is far from perfect, has a variety of issues and challenges, but can be a very beautiful region with lots of opportunities.

Born here. Raised here. Continue to work and live here. It is home.

It's hard for working people to make ends meet. Vancouver needs 80 per cent of it's immigrants to go back to where they came from.

_________________
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]