It is currently December 11th, 2019, 4:27 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3378 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1163 164 165 166 167169 Next
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: November 25th, 2019, 5:19 pm 

I had halibut steak with sauteed cauliflower and broccoli last night. It was so good.

Unread postPosted: November 25th, 2019, 7:30 pm 

Velvet wrote:
I had halibut steak with sauteed cauliflower and broccoli last night. It was so good.

I want some fresh pickeral.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:53 am 

I'm buying Thai green coconut noodle soup for supper tonight.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 6:50 am 

That sounds interesting Fash. I love coconut.

Im prolly doing a TV dinner, something easy, while I do other things. I gotta make 2 pumpkin rolls tonight. One for the Jam, and one for Thanksgiving.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 8:12 am 

Starting prep for Thanksgiving today.
Today is cornbread day. Going to use the 'southern' no sugar recipes. Going to make a couple of skillets worth. Probably set up the sous vide and make some...uhm....herb butter....yeah that's it, herb butter.
Tomorrow will be green beans, not a casserole just onions, bacon, a little beef broth and maybe a splash of Worcestershire. I will also do the cranberry sauce, and if I feel real energetic, maybe some onion bread.

I think my wife felt left out last year when I did everything. This time she is telling me what I am doing. LOL

Going to use this recipe for the cornbread. Going to make 2 skillets worth.
https://www.thespruceeats.com/southern- ... 4179?print

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 8:22 am 

kiebers wrote:
Starting prep for Thanksgiving today.
Today is cornbread day. Going to use the 'southern' no sugar recipes. Going to make a couple of skillets worth. Probably set up the sous vide and make some...uhm....herb butter....yeah that's it, herb butter.
Tomorrow will be green beans, not a casserole just onions, bacon, a little beef broth and maybe a splash of Worcestershire. I will also do the cranberry sauce, and if I feel real energetic, maybe some onion bread.

I think my wife felt left out last year when I did everything. This time she is telling me what I am doing. LOL

:laugh: at that last part.

Man, if I was closer I would come to YOUR house! :laugh:

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 11:00 am 

This is the first time I have ever made cornbread. I will taste it shortly. Looks and smells really good.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 11:08 am 

Hell yeah Kiebers! I've never done it in the cast iron, but any cornbread I've had made in cast iron, always tastes awesome, so at least you're doing that right lol.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 11:43 am 

Blazor wrote:
Hell yeah Kiebers! I've never done it in the cast iron, but any cornbread I've had made in cast iron, always tastes awesome, so at least you're doing that right lol.

It is a little dense but not real bad. It does taste awesome if I do say so myself....Should make excellent dressing.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 11:56 am 

kiebers wrote:
This is the first time I have ever made cornbread. I will taste it shortly. Looks and smells really good.

Do you pan fry it? I had corn bread baked in an oven.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 12:41 pm 

Velvet wrote:
Do you pan fry it? I had corn bread baked in an oven.

It was baked. I just preheated the skillet and poured the batter in while it was hot. It sizzled. Just like it is supposed too. 425 F for about 33 minutes for the big skillet.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 12:50 pm 

kiebers wrote:
Blazor wrote:

It is a little dense but not real bad. It does taste awesome if I do say so myself....Should make excellent dressing.

Awesome!

Dont know if I've ever had cornbread stuffing though.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 1:20 pm 

Blazor wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Blazor wrote:

Awesome!

Dont know if I've ever had cornbread stuffing though.

I wonder what that would taste like..

I use whole wheat bread for stuffing.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 1:47 pm 

LOL...it's the only kind of dressing I have ever really had at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have had the stove top bread stuffing and it's not bad for stuff the rest of the year. But here in Texas, cornbread stuffing is all I have ever had.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 2:17 pm 

kiebers wrote:
LOL...it's the only kind of dressing I have ever really had at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have had the stove top bread stuffing and it's not bad for stuff the rest of the year. But here in Texas, cornbread stuffing is all I have ever had.

I make a basic stuffing with diced celery, onion, potatoes, sage, poultry seasoning, garlic puree, butter and of course whole wheat bread.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:04 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

I make a basic stuffing with diced celery, onion, potatoes, sage, poultry seasoning, garlic puree, butter and of course whole wheat bread.

Pretty much the same recipe just with cornbread. Next time I will cut back on cornmeal and add more flour for less density.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:04 pm 

kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Pretty much the same recipe just with cornbread. Next time I will cut back on cornmeal and add more flour for less density.

Kiebs, does it make it taste sweet? :yuk:

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:11 pm 

Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

No not at all. No sugar used. I don't care much for the sweetened variety. There was a slight buttery taste from the stick of butter in it. Just 6 ingredients. Corn meal, flour, eggs, milk, salt and butter. All I had was self rising flour, otherwise, I would have put baking powder and soda in it.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:15 pm 

kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

No not at all. No sugar used. I don't care much for the sweetened variety. There was a slight buttery taste from the stick of butter in it. Just 6 ingredients. Corn meal, flour, eggs, milk, salt and butter. All I had was self rising flour, otherwise, I would have put baking powder and soda in it.

There's a restaurant chain here called Montana's. They serve corn bread with their meals and it's like a dessert.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:18 pm 

kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Those ingredients in corn bread would work well for stuffing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3378 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1163 164 165 166 167169 Next