It is currently December 6th, 2019, 8:08 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3348 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1164 165 166 167 168 Next
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:19 pm 

kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:
LOL...it's the only kind of dressing I have ever really had at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have had the stove top bread stuffing and it's not bad for stuff the rest of the year. But here in Texas, cornbread stuffing is all I have ever had.

I make a basic stuffing with diced celery, onion, potatoes, sage, poultry seasoning, garlic puree, butter and of course whole wheat bread.

Pretty much the same recipe just with cornbread. Next time I will cut back on cornmeal and add more flour for less density.

Kiebs, does it make it taste sweet? :yuk:

No not at all. No sugar used. I don't care much for the sweetened variety. There was a slight buttery taste from the stick of butter in it. Just 6 ingredients. Corn meal, flour, eggs, milk, salt and butter. All I had was self rising flour, otherwise, I would have put baking powder and soda in it.

I actually like sweet cornbread lol. But standard cornbread is fine with other things to like a nice bowl of beans.

I actually bought some baking powder and baking soda less than an hour ago! lol

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:30 pm 

Blazor wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:
LOL...it's the only kind of dressing I have ever really had at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have had the stove top bread stuffing and it's not bad for stuff the rest of the year. But here in Texas, cornbread stuffing is all I have ever had.

I make a basic stuffing with diced celery, onion, potatoes, sage, poultry seasoning, garlic puree, butter and of course whole wheat bread.

Pretty much the same recipe just with cornbread. Next time I will cut back on cornmeal and add more flour for less density.

No not at all. No sugar used. I don't care much for the sweetened variety. There was a slight buttery taste from the stick of butter in it. Just 6 ingredients. Corn meal, flour, eggs, milk, salt and butter. All I had was self rising flour, otherwise, I would have put baking powder and soda in it.

I actually like sweet cornbread lol. But standard cornbread is fine with other things to like a nice bowl of beans.

I'm curious now about corn bread stuffing.

I've never made corn bread....it's not common here..

But, it might make an interesting change for Christmas dinner.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:37 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Thats the spirit Fash! Trying something new! You could always do two small batches of each. Stuffing goes great with leftovers for the next several days after lol.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:44 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Thats the spirit Fash! Trying something new! You could always do two small batches of each. Stuffing goes great with leftovers for the next several days after lol.

I put some stuffing in the turkey cavity and some in tinfoil..

I could put corn bread in the tin foil and brown bread stuffing in the turkey or I could even mix the two..

I'll find a corn bread recipe first.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:46 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

I could put corn bread in the tin foil and brown bread stuffing in the turkey or I could even mix the two..

There ya go! Brown in the bird! :laugh:

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:49 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Or mix brown bread and corn bread to make stuffing.

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:52 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Hmmm, I dont know if I would go that route, they are each unique. Stuffing, and corn bread, are different to me. Then again, we are suppose to accept cross genders and races, so interracial bread should be no different :laugh:

Unread postPosted: November 26th, 2019, 6:26 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Hmmm, I dont know if I would go that route, they are each unique. Stuffing, and corn bread, are different to me. Then again, we are suppose to accept cross genders and races, so interracial bread should be no different :laugh:

I don't know if I would do that, but I would like to make a little corn bread stuffing.

Unread postPosted: November 27th, 2019, 8:47 pm 

Unread postPosted: November 27th, 2019, 9:08 pm 

kiebers wrote:

That goes without saying.

Unread postPosted: November 28th, 2019, 4:05 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Blazor wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
kiebers wrote:

Corn bread stuffing sounds really good.

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 5:53 am 

I want ramen tonight.

Unread postPosted: November 29th, 2019, 11:14 pm 

I want to make something vegetarian tomorrow, not sure what.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 7:26 am 

Fashionista wrote:
I want ramen tonight.

I been craving Ramen too lately lol, but still havent had some.

Last night I had a couple pot pies.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 7:45 am 

Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
I want ramen tonight.

You should eat better

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 9:14 am 

Berry Sweet wrote:
I want to make something vegetarian tomorrow, not sure what.

If you want to look through this thread, I've posted vegetarian meal ideas.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 12:04 pm 

Dinky Dianna wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
I want ramen tonight.

You should eat better

Oh I know, but those pot pies were only .39 cents each lol.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 12:37 pm 

Blazor wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
I want ramen tonight.

You should eat better

Oh I know, but those pot pies were only .39 cents each lol.

They have to be healthy.
:laugh:

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 2:04 pm 

I had the margarita flatbread at OJ's today. It was so so.

Unread postPosted: November 30th, 2019, 4:43 pm 

Velvet wrote:
I had the margarita flatbread at OJ's today. It was so so.

That's good to know.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3348 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1164 165 166 167 168 Next