It is currently January 18th, 2020, 9:35 am

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3639 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1177 178 179 180 181 182 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 27th, 2019, 5:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 16th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Posts: 9501
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Image

You can still get your smoke and grill marks on! ac_razz


Well not all of us have a stove like that Dinky! :laugh:

I just got the 4 burner glass top.

_________________
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 27th, 2019, 5:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 6364
Blazor wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Image

You can still get your smoke and grill marks on! ac_razz


Well not all of us have a stove like that Dinky! :laugh:

I just got the 4 burner glass top.


That's just a barby. A standard issue aussie barbecue. If you don't have one, they deport you for being un-Australian. ac_biggrin

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 27th, 2019, 5:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 16th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Posts: 9501
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Image

You can still get your smoke and grill marks on! ac_razz


Well not all of us have a stove like that Dinky! :laugh:

I just got the 4 burner glass top.


That's just a barby. A standard issue aussie barbecue. If you don't have one, they deport you for being un-Australian. ac_biggrin


Well thats grillin lol, not frying. Its un-American here to not have one either, so I have a propane and a charcoal one lol.

_________________
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 27th, 2019, 5:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 16th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Posts: 9501
Anyone else here like to eat the inside of their baked tater, then scoop up the skin, and eat it like a tater taco lol? Also, isnt mashed taters really Irish guacamole? lol

_________________
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 27th, 2019, 5:34 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 6364
Blazor wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Blazor wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Image

You can still get your smoke and grill marks on! ac_razz


Well not all of us have a stove like that Dinky! :laugh:

I just got the 4 burner glass top.


That's just a barby. A standard issue aussie barbecue. If you don't have one, they deport you for being un-Australian. ac_biggrin


Well thats grillin lol, not frying. Its un-American here to not have one either, so I have a propane and a charcoal one lol.


They have a grill section and a hot plate or fry section. You can move the meat back and forth to achieve the desired result.

_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 27th, 2019, 5:36 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 16th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Posts: 9501
Dinky Dianna wrote:
You can move the meat back and forth to achieve the desired result.


Thats what she said lol.

I gotcha man lol. Its still grilling to me, and that whole hot plate on a grill seems wrong too lol. I like the flames to come up and lick my meat now and then :laugh:

_________________
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 27th, 2019, 5:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 6364
Blazor wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
You can move the meat back and forth to achieve the desired result.


Thats what she said lol.

I gotcha man lol. Its still grilling to me, and that whole hot plate on a grill seems wrong too lol. I like the flames to come up and lick my meat now and then :laugh:


:laugh:




_________________
Four smore and seven beers ago.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 27th, 2019, 6:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 16974
For venison and elk steaks I smoke em for a while before they go on a low flame.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 28th, 2019, 1:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: May 15th, 2016, 4:21 pm
Posts: 1316
Is there much difference between the taste of farm raised deer and wild deer?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 28th, 2019, 4:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 2033
Velvet wrote:
Is there much difference between the taste of farm raised deer and wild deer?

I've only had hunted deer..

I have had both farm raised and wild elk though......minimal difference.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 12:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 31st, 2014, 7:38 pm
Posts: 4202
Rum cake in the oven.

_________________
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 12:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 2033
kiebers wrote:
Rum cake in the oven.

Will it be a frosted cake or do you pour a sauce on it British Christmas pudding cake?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 1:07 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 31st, 2014, 7:38 pm
Posts: 4202
It will be a rum sauce. It does have french vanilla pudding in it.

_________________
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 1:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 2033
kiebers wrote:
It will be a rum sauce. It does have french vanilla pudding in it.

Blazor would love that.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 1:46 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 31st, 2014, 7:38 pm
Posts: 4202
Image

_________________
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 1:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 2033
kiebers wrote:
Image

That's something I might like to try..

Can you post the recipe for the cake and the sauce please.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 2:07 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 31st, 2014, 7:38 pm
Posts: 4202
Fashionista wrote:
That's something I might like to try..

Can you post the recipe for the cake and the sauce please.

We prefer it without the nuts.

Image

Image

_________________
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 2:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 2033
Thanks kiebers, I will buy the ingredients tomorrow and make it New Years Day..

But, I will try a warm rum-caramel sauce.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 2:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: March 31st, 2014, 7:38 pm
Posts: 4202
Fashionista wrote:
Thanks kiebers, I will buy the ingredients tomorrow and make it New Years Day..

But, I will try a warm rum-caramel sauce.

That sounds good...

_________________
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: What's Cooking?
Unread postPosted: December 29th, 2019, 3:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 2033
kiebers wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
Thanks kiebers, I will buy the ingredients tomorrow and make it New Years Day..

But, I will try a warm rum-caramel sauce.

That sounds good...

I don't often bake cakes, so it should be a nice treat to start the New Year.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3639 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1177 178 179 180 181 182 Next

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]