Price on haircut gone up

Guests are welcome to read the forum, but to gain full access to its features please register your free account with us.
Vancouver

Price on haircut gone up

#1 Unread post by Vancouver » May 22nd, 2020, 1:37 am

Got that haircut. Low fade on the sides. Went from $20 to $24. With a $6 tip that's $30 for a cut. All customers are require to wear face mask.
Time is malleable

iron horse jockey

Re: Price on haircut gone up

#2 Unread post by iron horse jockey » May 22nd, 2020, 1:40 am

TheVancouverGuy wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:37 am
Got that haircut. Low fade on the sides. Went from $20 to $24. With a $6 tip that's $30 for a cut. All customers are require to wear face mask.
I'll find if they jacked up their prices in Manitoba when I go tomorrow for a haircut.
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.

Erica Mena

#3 Unread post by Erica Mena » May 22nd, 2020, 7:04 am

Barbers are supposed to open here in June. I just want the nail salon to open lol

Superchecker

#4 Unread post by Superchecker » May 22nd, 2020, 7:15 am

TheVancouverGuy wrote:
$15 buzz cut, no increase, but $2 if they supply you a mask. Gave him $20, and to keep the change...

Blazor

#5 Unread post by Blazor » May 22nd, 2020, 8:21 am

I've been using clippers and shaving my own head for 20 years almost lol. Total cost = $10 for the clippers. Thats .50 cent a year folks lol. Matter of fact, think I'll shave again today, been 3 weeks lol.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Fashionista

#6 Unread post by Fashionista » May 22nd, 2020, 10:01 am

My hairstylist hasn't raised her prices.

seoulbro

#7 Unread post by seoulbro » May 22nd, 2020, 1:06 pm

TheVancouverGuy wrote:
I cut my own hair when I had the coronavirus. I will let it grow out another week before I get a proper haircut.
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek

Berry Sweet

#8 Unread post by Berry Sweet » May 22nd, 2020, 10:06 pm

I think I'm gonna cut my own hair. No one can ever cut my hair the way I want anyway. It will be difficult in the back, but it should be fun!
Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
~ Bodhidharma

Fashionista

#9 Unread post by Fashionista » May 22nd, 2020, 10:12 pm

Berry Sweet wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:06 pm
I think I'm gonna cut my own hair. No one can ever cut my hair the way I want anyway. It will be difficult in the back, but it should be fun!
Will this be the first time you ever attempted to cut your hair Berry?

Is it because you are afraid of catching the virus?

Berry Sweet

#10 Unread post by Berry Sweet » May 22nd, 2020, 10:43 pm

Fashionista wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:12 pm
Berry Sweet wrote:

No. I use to cut my own hair in my 20's, did my own bangs too. Then I turned into a mom and didn't have time.

I have really long hair and it's wavy...it's hard to find a good stylist...I'm artsy fartsy and it should turn out fine.

I'm not worried about the virus...I've been working and doing errands the entire time and I never got sick. I will be keeping an eye on the news and watching the numbers.

How about you, are you worried about the virus?
Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
~ Bodhidharma

Fashionista

#11 Unread post by Fashionista » May 22nd, 2020, 10:46 pm

Berry Sweet wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:43 pm
Fashionista wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:12 pm
Berry Sweet wrote:

No. I use to cut my own hair in my 20's, did my own bangs too. Then I turned into a mom and didn't have time.

I have really long hair and it's wavy...it's hard to find a good stylist...I'm artsy fartsy and it should turn out fine.

I'm not worried about the virus...I've been working and doing errands the entire time and I never got sick. I will be keeping an eye on the news and watching the numbers.

How about you, are you worried about the virus?
I don't want to catch it, but if I do, I do..

Without a vaccine, most of us will eventually catch it..

If I do get the virus, I'll avoid seeing my mother and my mother in law face to face..

We'll be fine.

Berry Sweet

#12 Unread post by Berry Sweet » May 22nd, 2020, 10:54 pm

Sometimes I wonder if I'm immune to flu viruses? Last time I had the flu, I was 7 years old. I remember being very sick but after that, I never got it again. I don't get flu shots either. Same with the chicken pox, never got them...my parents made me hang out with kids who had them, and I never got it. I'm lucky if I catch the common cold. I'm a smoker and a midnight toker too, so really bizarre.
~ Bodhidharma

iron horse jockey

#13 Unread post by iron horse jockey » May 23rd, 2020, 1:10 am

Berry Sweet wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:54 pm
Sometimes I wonder if I'm immune to flu viruses? Last time I had the flu, I was 7 years old. I remember being very sick but after that, I never got it again. I don't get flu shots either. Same with the chicken pox, never got them...my parents made me hang out with kids who had them, and I never got it. I'm lucky if I catch the common cold. I'm a smoker and a midnight toker too, so really bizarre.
Apparently smokers are more likely to have mild symptoms of COVID.
“No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration- Donald J. Trump.

iron horse jockey

#14 Unread post by iron horse jockey » May 23rd, 2020, 1:10 am

Superchecker wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:15 am
TheVancouverGuy wrote:
$15 buzz cut, no increase, but $2 if they supply you a mask. Gave him $20, and to keep the change...
I haven't paid $15 in a long time. I pay $25. I'll find out today if it's gone up.

Berry Sweet

#15 Unread post by Berry Sweet » May 23rd, 2020, 8:29 pm

iron horse jockey wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 1:10 am
Berry Sweet wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:54 pm
Apparently smokers are more likely to have mild symptoms of COVID.
Yeah, I read they are more of a target. I have to wear a mask and gloves at work, but I go out for smokes and to be honest, I don't sanitize my hands like they recommend, I don't wash my clothes immediately when I get home, I don't lysol or bleach my place. I mean, I clean like normal but I don't go out of my way to panic clean. I'm fine.

One thing I've always done and will continue to do, is not touch public door handles if possible, I use my shoulder, elbow or foot to open a door...not cause of tge virus, cause I don't know what sexual infections people have, how often they are touching themselves and what they are spreading...to me thats more gross than the covid.

I mean, who knows...I go to the store to buy smokes and who knows what dude before me touched the door handle and was jacking off on his drive to the store with a dirty penis....that runs thru my mind more than covid.
~ Bodhidharma

iron horse jockey

#16 Unread post by iron horse jockey » May 24th, 2020, 1:17 am

I paid the same price as before the cough pandemic.

Vancouver

#17 Unread post by Vancouver » May 24th, 2020, 1:32 am

iron horse jockey wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:17 am
Thank you for reporting back. My haircut place was only charging $19 before. I guess its fair that they raise the price.
Time is malleable

Vancouver

#18 Unread post by Vancouver » May 24th, 2020, 1:51 am

Berry Sweet wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:29 pm
I mean, who knows...I go to the store to buy smokes and who knows what dude before me touched the door handle and was jacking off on his drive to the store with a dirty penis....that runs thru my mind more than covid.
When I use public washroom I see that some men just don't bother washing their hands. There could be pee on their hands. When I exit the washroom I have to use paper towel to open the door. I hate how some washrooms don't provide paper towels. So called eco friendly hand air dryer. I wash my hands and I touch the door handle and my hand is soiled again.

Berry sweet you grow mangoes in your home? I remember you were growing some kind of fruit. I'm thinking of growijg mangoes. Some people say it'll grow to be too big for indoor.
Time is malleable

seoulbro

#19 Unread post by seoulbro » May 24th, 2020, 7:21 am

TheVancouverGuy wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:32 am
iron horse jockey wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:17 am
Thank you for reporting back. My haircut place was only charging $19 before. I guess its fair that they raise the price.
You think it's fair because of the lower number of chairs that can be utilized? Perhaps because it takes more time now that the chair, scissors and clippers must be sanitized after every customer?
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek