Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Breaking in the new Scarpa's tonight...

Started by Chuck Bronson, November 11, 2018, 02:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

...but to be honest, I don't think this hiking boot even needs to be broken in!  They fucking fit lovely as it is, right outta the box!  I've never owned a pair of boots as comfortable out of the box, as these are...

Italian made Scarpa's...  Not cheap, but the quality is just there.

http://i63.tinypic.com/k0gdbt.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"...but to be honest, I don't think this hiking boot even needs to be broken in!  They fucking fit lovely as it is, right outta the box!  I've never owned a pair of boots as comfortable out of the box, as these are...

They look like a comfy shoe..

Are they lined for winter?

If they are, a pair would make a good Christmas gift for my husband.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"...but to be honest, I don't think this hiking boot even needs to be broken in!  They fucking fit lovely as it is, right outta the box!  I've never owned a pair of boots as comfortable out of the box, as these are...

A good hiking boot.

Bricktop

cc

He has to hike to the liquor store and back ??
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"He has to hike to the liquor store and back ??

:roll:

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

This particular model has a gore-tex liner to keep out the water, and sort of a thinner fabric lining on the inside.  That said, it is not technically a winter boot, but a hiker to be more precise...  Designed more to keep the feet dry as opposed to warm.

Nonetheless, I bought these knowing that they would see double-duty as a winter boot.  With their capabilities to keep out the water, good traction, and our relatively mild winter temperatures here, they should work just fine in the winter, especially combined with proper winter socks if you so prefer.

Scarpa's tend to fit narrow, which is perfect for me, but they also have a wide version of this model also (and others), so one must really try them on in the store before purchase.

Anonymous

I've seen cheap shoes that look similar to them.

How much did you pay for them?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Velvet"I've seen cheap shoes that look similar to them.

How much did you pay for them?

$329 CDN + tax at MEC.

Anonymous

Tiny feet. ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Shen Li"Tiny feet. ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao

Yeah, these are size 9 1/2 Men's US boots...

If that is entertaining to you, well?  You are easily entertained!

These forums are full of retards like you and Semen!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Tiny feet. ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao

Yeah, these are size 9 1/2 Men's US boots...

If that is entertaining to you, well?  You are easily entertained!

These forums are full of retards like you and Semen.

Don't cry muffin. Your new little baby booties look cute.

Chuck Bronson

Thank you.  They weren't cheap, but they fit awesome!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

This particular model has a gore-tex liner to keep out the water, and sort of a thinner fabric lining on the inside.  That said, it is not technically a winter boot, but a hiker to be more precise...  Designed more to keep the feet dry as opposed to warm.

Nonetheless, I bought these knowing that they would see double-duty as a winter boot.  With their capabilities to keep out the water, good traction, and our relatively mild winter temperatures here, they should work just fine in the winter, especially combined with proper winter socks if you so prefer.

Scarpa's tend to fit narrow, which is perfect for me, but they also have a wide version of this model also (and others), so one must really try them on in the store before purchase.

If they can handle our cold, snowy winters  that might be a good gift idea for my husband.