News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Dirt Devil Quickflip Pro 16V Cordless Vac Review...

Started by Chuck Bronson, November 11, 2018, 10:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

So, I bought one (actually the business did) because I wanted something to make my life easier when it comes to cleaning the floor of my mud buggy.  My job means tons of mud is tracked into truck often, and sweeping it out once dried, while somewhat effective, creates a LOT of dust when I do so.  The lot I park it in is 'off the grid,' so I do not have access to electricity.

So, I thought maybe a cordless handheld vac could handle these duties.  This Dirt Devil was on sale, so I picked one up and gave it a try today!

Everything worked out of the box, and after fully charging the battery, I was off to see what this thing could do!

Suction was adequate for the job...  for about three seconds.  Herein lies the flaw with any 'bagless' design.  The filter clogged.  In literally seconds.  This required me to constantly remove the filter, tap dust off, and reassemble.  Every three to five seconds.  Clogged filter = no suction.

So, this vac will NOT work for my purpose.  I don't blame this particular Dirt Devil model, as I can see ANY bagless handheld cordless suffering from the same problem.  These things may work great for Mom to vac up a few Cheerio's from the floor after the kid spills them, but they won't handle dirt properly.

I suppose the only solution would be to find a cordless with the classic 'tried and true' bagged collection system, like my full-sized Miele I use at home has, but I'm not even sure if a bagged cordless handheld is even made...  I'd have to look into this.

Bright, shiny & new!

http://i64.tinypic.com/2eevqxy.jpg">

Got mud?

http://i63.tinypic.com/8xq974.jpg">

Five seconds of run time...  Filter clogged.

http://i67.tinypic.com/rmjy35.jpg">

kiebers

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"So, I bought one (actually the business did) because I wanted something to make my life easier when it comes to cleaning the floor of my mud buggy.  My job means tons of mud is tracked into truck often, and sweeping it out once dried, while somewhat effective, creates a LOT of dust when I do so.  The lot I park it in is 'off the grid,' so I do not have access to electricity.

So, I thought maybe a cordless handheld vac could handle these duties.  This Dirt Devil was on sale, so I picked one up and gave it a try today!

Everything worked out of the box, and after fully charging the battery, I was off to see what this thing could do!

Suction was adequate for the job...  for about three seconds.  Herein lies the flaw with any 'bagless' design.  The filter clogged.  In literally seconds.  This required me to constantly remove the filter, tap dust off, and reassemble.  Every three to five seconds.  Clogged filter = no suction.

So, this vac will NOT work for my purpose.  I don't blame this particular Dirt Devil model, as I can see ANY bagless handheld cordless suffering from the same problem.  These things may work great for Mom to vac up a few Cheerio's from the floor after the kid spills them, but they won't handle dirt properly.

I suppose the only solution would be to find a cordless with the classic 'tried and true' bagged collection system, like my full-sized Miele I use at home has, but I'm not even sure if a bagged cordless handheld is even made...  I'd have to look into this.

You could check this one out. Start at 1:07. Only $99.00 if you have the battery and charger already. Otherwise it is kinda pricey at $248.00. It does seem to work better than what you had.

">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Vancouver

The cordless handheld vaccums that I have had kinda sucked. Had one from dirt devil and shark. 5mins of use the battery starts to die. I go for the corded vaccums now. I have a corded vacuum for my car. Suction is not the best cause it runs off of the cigar lighter socket.
Time is malleable

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "kiebers"You could check this one out. Start at 1:07. Only $99.00 if you have the battery and charger already. Otherwise it is kinda pricey at $248.00. It does seem to work better than what you had.

I just happen to already own that Milwaukee battery and charger set, since my Milwaukee impact gun (which works AWESOME) uses the same batteries!

Will check it out!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"So, I bought one (actually the business did) because I wanted something to make my life easier when it comes to cleaning the floor of my mud buggy.  My job means tons of mud is tracked into truck often, and sweeping it out once dried, while somewhat effective, creates a LOT of dust when I do so.  The lot I park it in is 'off the grid,' so I do not have access to electricity.

Bright, shiny & new!

Got mud?

It's not meant for heavy dirt.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Velvet"It's not meant for heavy dirt.

Yes, that fact has been discovered.

And have you ever considered posting in a thread, WITHOUT quoting the entire text and images associated?

I mean, you can just simply post a question or a statement, without having to quote the entire OP.

You don't have to quote anything at all, in fact!

White people like me are surprisingly astute at being able to decipher your questions, or intent, regarding questions or answers.  We're not as dumb as you think we are!

I don't want to sound like an asshole...  Can you explain what I mean in Mandarin, Fash?

Anonymous

Bright, shiny & new!

Got mud?

They are good for a personal vehicle.

Chuck Bronson

Don't make me have to teach you a lesson, Chum Li...

">

Anonymous

Bright, shiny & new!

Got mud?

You should sweep your truck first and then use the Dirt Devil.

Chuck Bronson

Stop quoting the entire god damned post...   acc_angry  acc_angry  acc_angry

:laugh:

Chuck Bronson

Kiebers gave me the idea, and it just so happens Home Depot has the Milwaukee vac in stock.  Since I already have the 18V batteries and charger, I really wish I would've thought of this before the I bought the Dirt Devil!    :sad:

Oh well...  since the Dirt Devil is essentially brand new, maybe I'll just clean it up, pop in the new filter, and see if my ex wants it as a Christmas gift.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Kiebers gave me the idea, and it just so happens Home Depot has the Milwaukee vac in stock.  Since I already have the 18V batteries and charger, I really wish I would've thought of this before the I bought the Dirt Devil!    :sad:

Oh well...  since the Dirt Devil is essentially brand new, maybe I'll just clean it up, pop in the new filter, and see if my ex wants it as a Christmas gift.

You are so thoughtful. :001_rolleyes:

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Velvet"You are so thoughtful. :001_rolleyes:

She doesn't want it...  I'll just mail it to one of my cousins as a gift then.

Chuck Bronson

Picked up the Milwaukee 18V vac.  Got the last one (even though Home Depot claimed they had five in stock)...

Might not get a chance to test it out today, but will post my thoughts on its function when I get around to it!

First impressions are good though...  Seems well built, and has MUCH more suction than the Dirt Devil.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Picked up the Milwaukee 18V vac.  Got the last one (even though Home Depot claimed they had five in stock)...

Might not get a chance to test it out today, but will post my thoughts on its function when I get around to it!

First impressions are good though...  Seems well built, and has MUCH more suction than the Dirt Devil.

We have a shop  vac..

I believe it is made by Craftsman.