The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

In the final days of the First World War, up to one quarter of the German Army was running from Canadians

Started by cc, November 10, 2018, 07:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"You can bash the report button also, CC....  when you see something that you don't like.

There has only been one poster here who used and abused the report button and that was Twenty Dollars.

Any bets on how long before he is banned from VF?

Zetsu

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Unlike today, I keep forgetting that Canada once had an well respected military, not to mention during WWII the only armed forces that were ever there to defend Hong Kong from the full scale IJA invasion were the 2 battalion deployed from Canada.

I didn't know that Zetsu?

Do you mean they remained after Imperial Japan conquered the colony of Hong Kong..

The Japanese would have either tortured them or slaughtered them.

Unfortunately many lost their lives, they were simply over whelmed... during that time the IJA beforehand already planned to use Hong Kong as one of the very few beachheads as a logistic point for the majority of their ground forces to enter into China.  :sad:

Hong Kong was strategic to Imperial Japan..

I'd like to read more about this Zetsu.

I guess Hong Kong had economical advantages for the Commonwealth and China, which I assume is important to take over that city first, along with a well developed infrastructure and her harbour serves as a key advantage for the Japanese army and navy to set up a base there, but this is just my guess.  

There weren't much history recorded during the Japanese invasion of Hong Kong b/c I hate to say this but the fortification prepared in Hong Kong didn't lasted long, everything ended abruptly due to against the extremely overwhelming odds and as you already know the unforgiving nature of the IJA, almost everyone, soldiers, medical staff, civilians, etc all met the same horrible fate.

One big difference between Germany in WW2 and Japan and the Soviet Union was Germany kept accurate records of everything while Japan much less and the Soviet Union, little to nothing.

What you say makes sense considering what the Japanese did, espeically their atrocity involving of disecting people without anesthetic or having a contest of seeing who can chop off the most civilian heads made the Nazis look like a saint.

What's not widely known is that many of the most brutal soldiers in the Japanese army were actually Koreans.

I thought they were all J@ps, but it doesn't sound surprising and makes sense if there were Korean soldiers too in the IJA.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Unlike today, I keep forgetting that Canada once had an well respected military, not to mention during WWII the only armed forces that were ever there to defend Hong Kong from the full scale IJA invasion were the 2 battalion deployed from Canada.

I didn't know that Zetsu?

Do you mean they remained after Imperial Japan conquered the colony of Hong Kong..

The Japanese would have either tortured them or slaughtered them.

Unfortunately many lost their lives, they were simply over whelmed... during that time the IJA beforehand already planned to use Hong Kong as one of the very few beachheads as a logistic point for the majority of their ground forces to enter into China.  :sad:

Hong Kong was strategic to Imperial Japan..

I'd like to read more about this Zetsu.

I guess Hong Kong had economical advantages for the Commonwealth and China, which I assume is important to take over that city first, along with a well developed infrastructure and her harbour serves as a key advantage for the Japanese army and navy to set up a base there, but this is just my guess.  

There weren't much history recorded during the Japanese invasion of Hong Kong b/c I hate to say this but the fortification prepared in Hong Kong didn't lasted long, everything ended abruptly due to against the extremely overwhelming odds and as you already know the unforgiving nature of the IJA, almost everyone, soldiers, medical staff, civilians, etc all met the same horrible fate.

One big difference between Germany in WW2 and Japan and the Soviet Union was Germany kept accurate records of everything while Japan much less and the Soviet Union, little to nothing.

What you say makes sense considering what the Japanese did, espeically their atrocity involving of disecting people without anesthetic or having a contest of seeing who can chop off the most civilian heads made the Nazis look like a saint.

What's not widely known is that many of the most brutal soldiers in the Japanese army were actually Koreans.

I thought they were all J@ps, but it doesn't sound surprising and makes sense if there were Korean soldiers too in the IJA.

Korea was annexed by Japan in 1910. Koreans were conscripted into the IJA. Koreans got the front line positions. It's highly likely that Koreans were full participants in the atrocities carried out the conquering Japanese military.

Needless to say, this is extremely controversial in Korea.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "seoulbro"Any bets on how long before he is banned from VF?

He won't get banned.  You must understand how that forum works...  Posters of limited intellect are tolerated,  no matter how shitty they are, since they pose no real threat.  Always been that way with those two.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Any bets on how long before he is banned from VF?

He won't get banned.  You must understand how that forum works...  Posters of limited intellect are tolerated,  no matter how shitty they are, since they pose no real threat.  Always been that way with those two.

If the owner resumes her admin duties he will be getting regular time outs. Evs has had enough of that social misfit.

Chuck Bronson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"If Evs wanted him gone, he'd be gone.  Trust me...

Mimi seems to tolerate the old retard more than evs does.

Bricktop

Anonymous