The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Israelis Likely going to the polls again

Started by Gaon, November 15, 2018, 02:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

LIBERMAN OFFICIALLY RESIGNS FROM DEFENSE MINISTRY

Avigdor Liberman tendered his resignation from the Defense Ministry in a letter to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday morning.

His resignation will take effect in 48 hours, and Netanyahu will automatically retain the portfolio, unless and until he appoints someone else as defense minister.

Liberman submitted the letter the morning after a press conference in the Knesset, in which he announced he and his Yisrael Beytenu party would be leaving the coalition, following a ceasefire with Hamas that he said "cannot be interpreted in any way other than a capitulation to terrorism."

"This will severely harm our security in the long run. The response that we gave to the 500 rockets shot from Gaza was not enough, to say the least. The South should come first. Our weakness is being broadcast to other fronts," he said.

Following the resignation, the coalition will be left with a one-seat majority. Bayit Yehudi demanded that Education Minister Naftali Bennett be appointed defense minister, or they too will leave the coalition, triggering an election.

Netanyahu spoke to the heads of all coalition parties, in an attempt to try to keep their alliance stable.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Liberman-officially-resigns-from-Defense-Ministry-571956">https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Liber ... try-571956">https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Liberman-officially-resigns-from-Defense-Ministry-571956

I will miss Avigdor Lieberman. Go Yisrael Beiteinu.
The Russian Rock It

cc

Saw this. Do you think it will require an election?

And what did they think a so-called ceasefire would do? .. beyond give Hamas time to regroup?

Seems so phony. Everyone knows Hamas etc. will never ever let up
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

So  Gaon, may I ask? Did you?  or are you living in Israel now?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"LIBERMAN OFFICIALLY RESIGNS FROM DEFENSE MINISTRY

Avigdor Liberman tendered his resignation from the Defense Ministry in a letter to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday morning.

His resignation will take effect in 48 hours, and Netanyahu will automatically retain the portfolio, unless and until he appoints someone else as defense minister.

Liberman submitted the letter the morning after a press conference in the Knesset, in which he announced he and his Yisrael Beytenu party would be leaving the coalition, following a ceasefire with Hamas that he said "cannot be interpreted in any way other than a capitulation to terrorism."

"This will severely harm our security in the long run. The response that we gave to the 500 rockets shot from Gaza was not enough, to say the least. The South should come first. Our weakness is being broadcast to other fronts," he said.

Following the resignation, the coalition will be left with a one-seat majority. Bayit Yehudi demanded that Education Minister Naftali Bennett be appointed defense minister, or they too will leave the coalition, triggering an election.

Netanyahu spoke to the heads of all coalition parties, in an attempt to try to keep their alliance stable.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Liberman-officially-resigns-from-Defense-Ministry-571956">https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Liber ... try-571956">https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Liberman-officially-resigns-from-Defense-Ministry-571956

I will miss Avigdor Lieberman. Go Yisrael Beiteinu.

Hello Gaon and welcome to our little foum.

ac_smile

cc

Oh, ya .. I had jumped right in to post "in reply" and forgot to say

WELCOME

Gaon

Quote from: "cc"So  Gaon, may I ask? Did you?  or are you living in Israel now?

I live in Surrey. I was born in Russia, and moved to Israel in 1990. I immigrated to Canada two years ago.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"Oh, ya .. I had jumped right in to post "in reply" and forgot to say

WELCOME

And you're in charge of the social committee!!!

:t1929:

cc

Oh comon now. Sheesh, I welcome all posters who look to be for real

Heck, I even "welcome"d you back a while ago

Drama queening looks bad on you

Bricktop

If, by "welcome", you mean "What are YOU doing here", then yes, you did.

Gaon

Quote from: "cc"Saw this. Do you think it will require an election?

And what did they think a so-called ceasefire would do? .. beyond give Hamas time to regroup?

I think there will be a new election. Moshe Kahlon of Shas wants it.

The cease fire was a betrayal of the people living in the South.
The Russian Rock It

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"Oh comon now. Sheesh, I welcome all posters who look to be for real

Gave me an idea for a chop, thanks CC  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

cc

Quote from: "Bricktop"If, by "welcome", you mean "What are YOU doing here", then yes, you did.

Aw cry. Actually I really wanted you back and asked others to try to get you back

Maybe it's your  "notorious modesty" in action?

cc

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "cc"Oh comon now. Sheesh, I welcome all posters who look to be for real

Gave me an idea for a chop, thanks CC  :laugh:

I look forward to it :laugh:

cc

Quote from: "Gaon"

Thanks for reply

I don't get how anyone can think a ceasefire can be good for anyone other than Hamas  ... boggles my mind

Gaon

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Gaon"

Thanks for reply

I don't get how anyone can think a ceasefire can be good for anyone other than Hamas  ... boggles my mind

Boggles Lieberman's mind too.
The Russian Rock It