Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

A

92% of families face tax hike of over $2,200 beginning in 2019

Started by Anonymous, November 14, 2018, 05:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"There are two sides to the CPP issue...  There has to be adequate CPP funding, or you'll end up with a huge elderly population that can't afford to live, and then guess whos problem they become?

CPP income is a joke.  People can barely live on it.  The ONLY reason it has worked so far, is that historically most people had a unionized job that also had a pension plan.  Those days are disappearing fast.

Most people can't save, and as such WILL rely on enough CPP income for them to NOT become our problem, and the only way to make that work is to increase the CPP deductions.

That said, I do not pay CPP, but I am self employed and can opt to do that.  The 'average' retired guy in a few more decades will rely on every cent of the CPP, as that will likely be the only income.

CPP has adequate funding. What we are talking about are significantly reducing average earnings of employees. What is also means is another job killing burden for job creators.

CPP was never meant to support workers comfortably in retirement. It was designed to supplement savings. But, Canadians are living longer and being taxed more. Between provinces and Ottawa overcharging businesses and workers, they are making it hard to save.

The solution to CPP is to privatize it. Singapore has mandatory savings accounts that give individuals choice over their own retirement. Sweden semi privatized it's national pension plan.

Really eh, sb?

If thats the case, where can you suggest what may be a more affordable place to retire then?

Seems the dollar isn't worth much in Canada so the solution may be to go somewhere else where it goes further.

hopefully A place with a warmer sunnier climate.

How about Vietnam?

Friend of mine a white guy went there got married to a Vietnamese woman he seems happy.

He was poor here but over there hes living comfortably.

Philippines is nice too I hear.

Can get a house for $20,000.

If retirement here isn't affordable then maybe we'll see an exodus of people leaving where it is.

Don't go to Israel if you have limited funds.
The Russian Rock It