News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I put my Christmas tree up this evening!

Started by Berry Sweet, November 22, 2018, 08:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Which begs the question...why do we do it?

To many non believers, it has become an onerous, expensive and pointless exercise that causes far more stress than it's worth.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"He's Jewish.

They don't believe in Jesus...ergo, they would hardly celebrate the unsubstantiated day of his birth.

I listened to Celtic music and drank a pint of Guinness on March 17, but I am not Irish either.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

I guess we'll decorate the house on Sunday before the Grey Cup game.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Which begs the question...why do we do it?

To many non believers, it has become an onerous, expensive and pointless exercise that causes far more stress than it's worth.

No law says anyone must cause themselves stress.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Which begs the question...why do we do it?

No law says anyone must cause themselves stress.

That's consumerism and it's voluntary.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Gaon"

They don't believe in Jesus...ergo, they would hardly celebrate the unsubstantiated day of his birth.

I listened to Celtic music and drank a pint of Guinness on March 17, but I am not Irish either.

A cosmopolitan guy.

How about ramadan?

Blazor

:laugh:

ac_drinks
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

A cosmopolitan guy.

How about ramadan?

True Dope does.

Bricktop

Anonymous

When will you put up your Christmas decorations Bricktop?

What do you have for Christmas dinner? Turkey, ham or something else?

Bricktop

We don't do anything until December...usually 2 weeks before Christmas Day or thereabouts.

Christmas dinner is totally dependent on the weather forecast. The last 2 years has been very hot, so nobody's cooking roasts in that weather.

Sometimes, turkey. Or lobster. Or roast lamb or pork. Ham if it's hot.

But the principle is to do a minimum amount of effort and maximum time for fun in the pool.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We don't do anything until December...usually 2 weeks before Christmas Day or thereabouts.

Christmas dinner is totally dependent on the weather forecast. The last 2 years has been very hot, so nobody's cooking roasts in that weather.

But the principle is to do a minimum amount of effort and maximum time for fun in the pool.

It sounds like fun, but  very different than our own Christmas.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"We don't do anything until December...usually 2 weeks before Christmas Day or thereabouts.

Like Hanaukkah in Israel. ac_biggrin
The Russian Rock It

Berry Sweet

I was supposed to go look for pink balls this evening, but I fell asleep.. I'm awake now.

Gaon

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I was supposed to go look for pink balls this evening, but I fell asleep.. I'm awake now.

For decorations?
The Russian Rock It