Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

The Middle East Peace Process

Started by Gaon, November 25, 2018, 08:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaon

The peace process has three false basic assumptions; that Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the main cause of instability in the Middle East, that the conflict is territorial and not ideological, and that the establishment of a Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders will end the conflict.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"The peace process has three false basic assumptions; that Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the main cause of instability in the Middle East, that the conflict is territorial and not ideological, and that the establishment of a Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders will end the conflict.

I've never believed that was the reason for extremism in the Middle East.

Bricktop

And so what needs to be done to procure peace in the middle east...excluding the nuclear option?

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"And so what needs to be done to procure peace in the middle east...excluding the nuclear option?

It won't happen when we eventually trade Israeli Arab lands for settlements in the West bank. That's an answer to a lot of Israel's problems, but it won't help the problems the Middle East exports to the rest of the world.
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

Whats the point in negotiating..

The muslims want something and the israelis say that they arent giving up shit...

End of discussion..

Gaon

Quote from: "Odinson"Whats the point in negotiating..

The muslims want something and the israelis say that they arent giving up shit...

End of discussion..

I see you've never heard of the Lieberman Plan.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

End of discussion..

Of course he hasn't. He's never been anywhere or done anything with his life. He's a bullshitter just like old Joe. The major difference between the two, is that this little finnish faggot is on every single forum on the internet 24/7/365. The lazy sack of shit is on welfare.

Odinson

End of discussion..

No I havent but I googled it now..

Its just that it seems that the muslims dont think israelis have a right to exist in the middle-east..

Its really hard to build anything on that..

Gaon

Quote from: "Herman"

End of discussion..

Of course he hasn't. He's never been anywhere or done anything with his life. He's a bullshitter just like old Joe. The major difference between the two, is that this little finnish faggot is on every single forum on the internet 24/7/365. The lazy sack of shit is on welfare.

I don't fault anyone who's never been to Israel for being ignorant of Israel's internal politics.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

End of discussion..

If you have a problem with Odinson, take it to RR..

I doubt Gaon appreciates his thread being derailed with this personal nonsense..

I enjoy reading his knowledge about these things.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"And so what needs to be done to procure peace in the middle east...excluding the nuclear option?

It won't happen when we eventually trade Israeli Arab lands for settlements in the West bank. That's an answer to a lot of Israel's problems, but it won't help the problems the Middle East exports to the rest of the world.

Israel is building settlements on Arab land in contravention of UN resolutions.

How does this affect "negotiations"??

And Israel will soon have bigger problems, when Russia arms Syria to the teeth in return for a permanent naval base.

Gaon

Arab-Israelis and leftist parties oppose the Lieberman Plan. They say it is tantamount to racism.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Israel is building settlements on Arab land in contravention of UN resolutions.

How does this affect "negotiations"??

And Israel will soon have bigger problems, when Russia arms Syria to the teeth in return for a permanent naval base.

The Fatah-led Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas authorities in Gaza routinely arrest and torture peaceful critics and opponents in violation of Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Not to mention the persecution of it's Christian minority.

The settlements are a bargaining chip when the Lieberman Plan is implemented. It's the only workable solution.

Quotets just that it seems that the muslims dont think israelis have a right to exist in the middle-east..

Or Christians or Druze.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

Israel has very good relations with Moscow. Russian is the third largest language in Israel after Hebrew and Arabic.
Quoten 2011, Putin said: "Israel is, in fact, a special state to us. It is practically a Russian-speaking country. Israel is one of the few foreign countries that can be called Russian-speaking. It's apparent that more than half of the population speaks Russian". Putin additionally claimed that Israel could be considered part of the Russian cultural world, and contended that "songs which are considered to be national Israeli songs in Israel are in fact Russian national songs". He further stated that he regarded Russian-speaking Israeli citizens as his compatriots and part of the 'Russian world'.

During Operation Protective Edge in 2014, Putin stated that "I support Israel's battle that is intended to keep its citizens protected".

In August 2014, Russia began increasing fruit imports from Israel, after banning food imports from the EU, Norway, United States, Canada and Australia.

In October 2014, India and Israel started to export meat to Russia.

Relations between Israel and Russia improved after the Russian military intervention in Syria in September 2015. From then until July 2018, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Putin met a total of 9 times.

In October 2015, Israel and Russia held meetings to coordinate over Syria, and avoid accidentally clashing or scrambling each other's communications while operating over the country.

In March 2016, Putin said the relations with Israel were special and based "on friendship, mutual understanding and the long common history". Putin stated: "Russia and Israel have developed a special relationship. 1.5 million Israeli citizens come from the former Soviet Union, they speak the Russian language, are the bearers of Russian culture, Russian mentality. They maintain relations with their relatives and friends in Russia, and this make the interstate relations very special".

The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Perhaps I should start a new thread, but how does the cost of living, taxes, wages and opportunities compare between Israel and Canada?