The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Hummingbird Thread...

Started by Chuck Bronson, December 05, 2018, 03:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Chuck Bronson

They were pretty angry with me today, as their meal was probably frozen for them first thing in the morning!

They made me aware of that, by flying right in front of my fucking face, with a MEAN look!

OK!

So, now time to bust out the heater!  Unlike last year, this year I have lined the 'heating chamber' with aluminum foil.  That may not make too much of a difference, but it may direct more of the heat to where it belongs!

http://i63.tinypic.com/4rwzs1.jpg">

Chuck Bronson

Now I have more Hummers than I want!  They are neat little birds...

Berry Sweet

There are many in my area.  When I lived in the koots there were hundreds around me.  Most lived in the tree by my house.  I had many feeders.

I had on on my front porch, I'd refill it every morning and stand next to it and not move...they came in droves, would fly all around me and eat.

Same with the back deck which was where the tree was.  I'd sit there after work really still....they'd come and eat...sometimes 50 of them...all fighting for the feeder and stopping in front of my face to look at me and investigate....some would be fighting in mid air or zooming all around...it was quite the experience!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"There are many in my area.  When I lived in the koots there were hundreds around me.  Most lived in the tree by my house.  I had many feeders.

I had on on my front porch, I'd refill it every morning and stand next to it and not move...they came in droves, would fly all around me and eat.

Same with the back deck which was where the tree was.  I'd sit there after work really still....they'd come and eat...sometimes 50 of them...all fighting for the feeder and stopping in front of my face to look at me and investigate....some would be fighting in mid air or zooming all around...it was quite the experience!

We have magpies.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"We have magpies.

You have Hummingbirds also, at least from Spring to Fall, but as I've stated before, you must put out feeder to attract them!  You put up feeder, and they will come!  They might even fly right up to your face, hover there, and give you the death stare!  That's just what they do!