The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Death.

Started by Bricktop, December 06, 2018, 07:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Socks..

Have you ever considered starting your own private detective office?

Maybe get a fro and a black leather jacket.

Disco Bricktop.

:laugh:

Blurt

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Herman"Cops need a hide six inches thick.

And the knowledge that no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try...nothing is ever going to change.

This is a feeling I struggle against every single day in my own line of work. I plug away nonetheless.

I've only been working for nine months or so at my new place of employment but I'm already two deaths, seven overdoses, and three aggravated assaults in.

It's difficult to continue to feed the belief that human beings are fundamentally good and fundamentally perfectible.

Sometimes, the line of duty can no longer be drawn with ease. Your personal life goes haywire when that happens.

Those who cannot survive the work they do or did have my entire sympathy.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"

And the knowledge that no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try...nothing is ever going to change.

This is a feeling I struggle against every single day in my own line of work. I plug away nonetheless.

I've only been working for nine months or so at my new place of employment but I'm already two deaths, seven overdoses, and three aggravated assaults in.

It's difficult to continue to feed the belief that human beings are fundamentally good and fundamentally perfectible.

Sometimes, the line of duty can no longer be drawn with ease. Your personal life goes haywire when that happens.

Oh my goodness.

:sad:

Bricktop

We should never,ever lose sight of the fact that 95% of humans are good people, and that the madness, violence, lunacy and mayhem generated by the miscreant 5% of not a measure of us all.

We're none of us perfect, but in the main we're good at heart and care for each other. Humans have created much wonder and beauty, and a few rogues cannot take that away.

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Best post.

I agree Blurt.

Blazor

We should never,ever lose sight of the fact that 95% of humans are good people, and that the madness, violence, lunacy and mayhem generated by the miscreant 5% of not a measure of us all.

We're none of us perfect, but in the main we're good at heart and care for each other. Humans have created much wonder and beauty, and a few rogues cannot take that away.

This also applies to gun ownership too ya know lol  :001_tongue:

Its that 5% that fuck things up.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

That 95% figure is too optimistic.

cc

QuoteThat 95% figure is too optimistic.

The 5% for really bad sounds reasonable at first look.

But, the 95% should be viewed as containing a great variance of quality from sort of OK but no good contribution to society up to huge contribution to society.

When I think of spousal abuse "as only one of several negative societal factors", seems the ratio might be quite different.

It is all predicated on the definition  of "bad" and "good" .. and the "degrees" of each
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

But, the 95% should be viewed as containing a great variance of quality from sort of OK but no good contribution to society up to huge contribution to society.

When I think of spousal abuse "as only one of several negative societal factors", seems the ratio might be quite different.

It is all predicated on the definition  of "bad" and "good" .. and the "degrees" of each

That number covers a big tent.

cc

Yes, and my point is that those inside that tent vary from ~6 to likely less than 100

We can't know exacts or who is who what degree anyone is - I'll let god sort em out

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"

There is not a human being alive who has not committed regrettable acts during their life. Humans are far from "perfect".

What separates the 95% from the 5% is that the vast majority will feel remorse, even shame at their follies. They know they have done the wrong thing...they learn, they grow, they change...

But the 5% don't. They are filled with hate and fury, and harming others brings them joy. They do not care for the consequences on their fellow man.

We've all done bad things (correct me if you think I've misrepresented you). But there are those who enjoy doing bad things.

They are the one's that need to be removed from society.

Blurt

But, Leo. Everywhere we go, society is there.

Even if we sent criminals to the moon or to Mars, they'd form a society there.

I mean, look at Australia.

:wink:
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Bricktop

A modern, affluent and advanced society, built by criminals...

Like I said, most people are inherently good.

Except Quebecois!!!

cc

Hey!! Not all Quebecois are bad.

Blurt proves that