Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

George H.W. Bush, a graceful gentleman, disliked the dirty work of politics

Started by Anonymous, December 04, 2018, 03:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaon

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Bricktop""During the renewed inspections beginning in November 2002, Blix found no stockpiles of WMD and noted the "proactive" but not always "immediate" Iraqi cooperation as called for by UN Security Council Resolution 1441".

Saddam complied with the inspections, which uncovered NO evidence of weapons of mass destruction. None.

There was no basis for war. All evidence provided by the US was false, and worse, it was clear that due diligence as to the source of the information was either never applied, or was ignored.

A country of 20 million people, with no longreach military force, was NOT a threat to the US or ANY of it's allies.

Nobody can deny, based on evidence, that America's war on Iraq was a response to the 9/11 terror strike which had NO connection to Iraq. Bush and his cronies needed to make an example of someone, and Hussein was it. That is an illegal war.

Even the British government acknowledges that there was no lawful, moral or reasonable justification to attack Iraq.

If America relies on the argument that "Saddam was a bad man", then why has it not invaded a dozen other countries...in particular North Korea...that are ruled by bad men WITH WMD's? The answer is clear; there would be too many killed. Bush was relying on a rapid collapse and capitulation of the Iraqi army which eventuated. He failed to grasp, as so many before him have failed to grasp that overcoming a military force is one thing...occupying a country is quite another.

The war was illegal. Bush should be prosecuted.
As I recall Saddam was not letting UN inspectors in some places.  And many of the western intelligence agencies believed saddam had WMDs.  

Again I was not for the war, Bush could have bombed the places Saddam wouldn't allow inspection of and left it at that (that's what Clinton did).

Nonetheless if this is a "war crime" then why isn't George H Bush's first Gulf war a war crime? why isn't Clinton's bombing Serbia a war crime? Why aren't

Obama's actions in Yemen, Syria, Somalia, and Libya war crimes?

No, the Obama administrations actions in Yemen, Syria, Somalia and Libya were not war crimes. With it's leading position on the Security Council, nothing the Untied States has done or will do will ever be a war crime.
The Russian Rock It

@realAzhyaAryola

His body was still warm when the conspiracy theorists blew up the internet.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"His body was still warm when the conspiracy theorists blew up the internet.

Can you give an example Azhya?

@realAzhyaAryola

Fash, there's so many. If you have time, go to YouTube.  Here's one:

">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Fash, there's so many. If you have time, go to YouTube.  Here's one:

">

I see..

I only watched a few minutes, but I got the gist of it.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Fash, there's so many. If you have time, go to YouTube.  Here's one:

">

I see..

I only watched a few minutes, but I got the gist of it.

Whatever is to be said of ghw bush, he was no doubt a brave soldier.

How many 20 year olds today would put their lives on the line like he did on World War ll?

The victory over imperial  Japan was brutal, but it freed a lot of people in Asia from bondage just as the defeat of Nazi Germany did in Europe.

Bush was a courageous warrior who won every war he fought including the Gulf War which saved the western economies & was probably a major reason for America 's economic rebound during the 1990s in the Clinton years. He won the distinguished flying cross in wwII

">

I have little doubt that he had a nasty side, but to be a leader you cant be nice.

Let alone to fight on the front lines and to survive a world war.

That was a real man imho

So a bit of nastiness under some circumstances helps.

@realAzhyaAryola

During the time the media was honoring him after his death, there was an outpouring of affection and accolades and comments about how "NICE" he was to all. Come on. A CIA Director could not have been all that nice to all. I'm sure he knew a lot of "classified" activities that should not reach the ear of the common...ah...er...well...um...Joe.
@realAzhyaAryola

Print
User actions