Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Unearthing Dinky Diana

Started by caskur, December 13, 2018, 03:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

The comparison of that feud to that of Freud and I is deceptive.

Freud and I have been, shall we say, at odds for decades. However, it is more theatrical at heart, and most observers see it in that light.

I would be most upset if Fash were to issue bans on the basis of our banter. I would also disagree that our disputations affect the general IQ. It is mostly entertainment, and seen as such.

As opposed, say, to my interaction with your (now) Mel Gibson...our loss is your gain, eh?...he is an odious and despicable sociopath with serious mental health issues. His departure has raised our IQ level substantially...and conversely affects your team.

You kids have fun, now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The comparison of that feud to that of Freud and I is deceptive.

Freud and I have been, shall we say, at odds for decades. However, it is more theatrical at heart, and most observers see it in that light.

I would be most upset if Fash were to issue bans on the basis of our banter. I would also disagree that our disputations affect the general IQ. It is mostly entertainment, and seen as such.

As opposed, say, to my interaction with your (now) Mel Gibson...our loss is your gain, eh?...he is an odious and despicable sociopath with serious mental health issues. His departure has raised our IQ level substantially...and conversely affects your team.

You kids have fun, now.

It won't happen.

Bricktop

No. I'm sure it won't. But Cindy's is a strange forum...during my short stay there I was threatened with banishment for causing disruption by simply debating the leftards that form most of its membership.

I told the idiot proprietor to shove it, and never returned. It is a toxic collection of some of the biggest idiots to ever learn to use computers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No. I'm sure it won't. But Cindy's is a strange forum...during my short stay there I was threatened with banishment for causing disruption by simply debating the leftards that form most of its membership.

I told the idiot proprietor to shove it, and never returned. It is a toxic collection of some of the biggest idiots to ever learn to use computers.

I know..

Seoul and I met the same crowd at RW's defunct forum..

Seoul is ultra conservative, but he's still mainstream and he's willing to debate any mainstream person in a civil manner..

There was a poster there who also posts at the cindy forum who thinks East Asians should just submit to racial discrimination for admission to American universities..

:crazy:

He left immediately and I did shortly after.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No. I'm sure it won't. But Cindy's is a strange forum...during my short stay there I was threatened with banishment for causing disruption by simply debating the leftards that form most of its membership.

I took a look at Cindy's once and that was too many times.

Bricktop

It's a madhouse run by a fool.

You get what you pay for.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's a madhouse run by a fool.

You get what you pay for.

Does Peaches own it?

Bricktop

No.

I can't remember the name of the idiot that runs it. A complete lefttard nut job with the left's typical level of tolerance for alternative viewpoints.

And he's American...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No.

I can't remember the name of the idiot that runs it. A complete lefttard nut job with the left's typical level of tolerance for alternative viewpoints.

And he's American...

All libtards make normal people vomit, but libtard Americans make normal people spew twice.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The comparison of that feud to that of Freud and I is deceptive.

You kids have fun, now.

Nice attempt at a NO YUORS there, kiddo.  To be clear, when you speak of Billdo's forum it's not the same as RW's late forum and certainly not the same as SGz (which due to its dynamics and staff, can easily find a place for Mel if he stays with us.)

However, I'm unconvinced the comparison of DD/BT to Oak/Lotus is a fallacious one (in which I certainly never suggested bannings as a solution.)  And I'm also unconvinced that reading the same dialogue day after day for years on end is beneficial to a forum's collective IQ.  No matter how persuasively it's presented as "entertainment" one knows spammage when one sees it.

Quote from: "Fashionista" === There was a poster there who also posts at the cindy forum who thinks East Asians should just submit to racial discrimination for admission to American universities..

I don't recall such an argument at all.  But the cindy forum has its own Mels too, at times.  

How terrible for you.  I recall suffering a parallel welcome at one of the Canadian forums after fewer than ten posts, with an actual ban hammer being dropped on me over my perceived "libtardism."  

Come to think of it, it may have been this forum.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"
Nice attempt at a NO YUORS there, kiddo.  To be clear, when you speak of Billdo's forum it's not the same as RW's late forum

Billdo's forum is not the same as any forum, I grant you. I shall take your word on RW's forum, in which I refrained from participation.

Quoteand certainly not the same as SGz (which due to its dynamics and staff, can easily find a place for Mel if he stays with us.)

I wonder how long you will hold his place when he get's wasted and starts throwing racial insults at the proprietor.

QuoteHowever, I'm unconvinced the comparison of DD/BT to Oak/Lotus is a fallacious one (in which I certainly never suggested bannings as a solution.)  And I'm also unconvinced that reading the same dialogue day after day for years on end is beneficial to a forum's collective IQ.  No matter how persuasively it's presented as "entertainment" one knows spammage when one sees it.

Yet I clearly recall you lauding Freud over his trolling, and how "successful" it has been.

QuoteHow terrible for you.  I recall suffering a parallel welcome at one of the Canadian forums after fewer than ten posts, with an actual ban hammer being dropped on me over my perceived "libtardism."  

Come to think of it, it may have been this forum.

I don't recall you being banned from here. Nor could I imagine why you should have been. That would be an injustice, I fear, particularly if it was based on your political persuasion. That is NOT how this forum is managed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Yet I clearly recall you lauding Freud over his trolling, and how "successful" it has been.

ac_umm   When I'm praising a troll, my words should never be taken at face value.

Bricktop

As you wish.

When SHOULD they be taken at face value??

Anonymous

Oh, nearly all other times.  But since trolls are dishonest by nature, there is little to be gained by being straightforward with them.

Bricktop

The problem, of course, is distinguishing trolls from normal people...with the exception of Freud.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview