Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Unearthing Dinky Diana

Started by caskur, December 13, 2018, 03:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Peaches"
Then permit me to offer you my own best wishes for the festive season, and may you have a happy, safe and (moderately) prosperous new year.

Each one becomes more precious as the birthday count rises.

Thanks, and my best wishes to you also.  While I agree with your sentiment about the birthday count, I don't seem to experience as much angst about it.  My allotted days are still precious, but at this point they seem more like a sort of epilogue in that I've already grappled with the Big Challenges of life in human form, and the only challenge at this point is just to avoid taking on too much karma.  As the (fake) Buddha has observed, the only things that really matter are how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of the things not meant for you.

I suffer no angst...but recognise that time is not something that should be frittered away, because my stocks are getting low.

It's more of a motivator than a morbid acceptance of doom.

I have an 8 year old grandson, and watching him grow is a joy. One day, he may marry, and I hope to be there. He may have children, making me a GREAT grandfather...but I'm now in the ever reducing age bracket, albeit in good health and heavily fortified by single malts.

That is a motivator.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I don't plan on checking out any time soon...

I should hope not.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

With respect to the others, one thing the internet has done is to make trolls out of "normal" people at an ever-increasing rate.

There's a little troll in all of us...and a massive troll in some of us.

I agree. I'm on the low side.

Jews make lousy athletes and trolls

caskur

Then permit me to offer you my own best wishes for the festive season, and may you have a happy, safe and (moderately) prosperous new year.

Thanks, and my best wishes to you also.  While I agree with your sentiment about the birthday count, I don't seem to experience as much angst about it.  My allotted days are still precious, but at this point they seem more like a sort of epilogue in that I've already grappled with the Big Challenges of life in human form, and the only challenge at this point is just to avoid taking on too much karma.  As the (fake) Buddha has observed, the only things that really matter are how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of the things not meant for you.

I suffer no angst...but recognise that time is not something that should be frittered away, because my stocks are getting low.

I have an 8 year old grandson, and watching him grow is a joy. One day, he may marry, and I hope to be there. He may have children, making me a GREAT grandfather...but I'm now in the ever reducing age bracket, albeit in good health and heavily fortified by single malts.

My mother died earlier this year, 3 months short of 78...

She had 8 great grandchildren.

You should make it to great granddad status...lol
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

My mother died earlier this year, 3 months short of 78...

She had 8 great grandchildren.

You should make it to great granddad status...lol

My condolences caskur.

:sad:

caskur

Thanks Fash... this has been the worst year for a long time.

I hope this year is better.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Thanks Fash... this has been the worst year for a long time.

I know exactly how you feel caskur..

My father passed away during a Christmas season.

cc

Quote from: "Leon Lipschitz"

With respect to the others, one thing the internet has done is to make trolls out of "normal" people at an ever-increasing rate.

Trolls often make the mistake of stereotyping groups

:mad:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Leon Lipschitz"

Trolls often make the mistake of stereotyping groups

:mad:

Their mistake is fooling themselves into believing they are funny.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"Thanks Fash... this has been the worst year for a long time.

For us it's not time of death it's simply so many kids no longer here .. hard every day of the year and even harder around the season of supposed gaiety and getting together

I apologize to all for not returning pm greetings .. I wish all well. We are  simply trying to escape the seasonal increased emptiness as best we can

I used to be able to put aside for brief moments and do a bit of fun stuff, funny seasonal avatars and greetings / wishes for the pleasure of others ... Seems to get worse for both of us as time goes on and the many realities become even more pronounced. Can't do it anymore
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

For us it's not time of death it's simply so many kids no longer here .. hard every day of the year and even harder around the season of supposed gaiety and getting together

I apologize to all for not returning pm greetings .. I wish all well. We are  simply trying to escape the seasonal increased emptiness as best we can

I used to be able to put aside for brief moments and do a bit of fun stuff, funny seasonal avatars and greetings / wishes for the pleasure of others ... Seems to get worse for both of us as time goes on and the many realities become even more pronounced. Can't do it anymore

I understand entirely cc..

I try to put on a happy face, here and in real life, but it masks a lot of sorrow.

caskur

Yes, but I'm thinking your situation is much worse due to shorter days and colder days where as, it's our summer so we can do stuff... we're not hemmed in.

But dwindling family members is terrible. No two ways about it.

You better do things to survive emotionally the next 3 months. Do things that make you feel good.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

Yes, but I'm thinking your situation is much worse due to shorter days and colder days where as, it's our summer so we can do stuff... we're not hemmed in.

But dwindling family members is terrible. No two ways about it.

You better do things to survive emotionally the next 3 months. Do things that make you feel good.

You might be right about the weather compounding the situation.

Anonymous

Best post.

Christmas is an evil time for many.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview