Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Chinese-Canadians split on handling of Huawei case

Started by Anonymous, December 16, 2018, 12:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: "Fash"It works both ways JOE..

Americans with criminal records and without a pardon are banned from entering Canada..

Don't you watch Border Security.

I believe even a pardon does not get one into the US .. dunno about the other way around

Joe is just bitter cause they run him out and will never let him back in
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"Maybe a few years ago. Not sure they'd let a white guy in today

A little tanning lotion will fix that.

'Hey, homes...I am Pedro Jiminez from Hondoorus, man...I lost my wallet on the way....but you can trust me, senor..."

And you're in.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Fash"It works both ways JOE..

Americans with criminal records and without a pardon are banned from entering Canada..

Don't you watch Border Security.

I believe even a pardon does not get one into the US .. dunno about the other way around

Joe is just bitter cause they run him out and will never let him back in

I know of at least one employee at my husband's company in the USA who couldn't come to Calgary for work and training..

I don't know if he has a pardon or not.

JOE

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Fashionista"The results are what I expect..

Mainlanders usually accept without question every position Beijing takes.
She's a criminal. Mainlanders do not see that. She's a hero in their eyes. Huawei 5G technology. The future! I'm posting from my Huawei smartphone.

I don't think the CEO Meng is a criminal.

This situation could have been handled much better.

Isn't that why we have international courts,  trade agreements, dispute mechanisms.

Arresting her was excessive & smacks of American legal absolutism.

There was no need to humiliate her like that.

This action sets international diplomacy & goodwill back 100 years

They could have just taken the company to court and shut down their operations.

Arresting Meng looks like a kidnapping & I'm afraid the Chinese, an authoritarian government I usually don't agree with, are correct

This is their way of dealing with disputes.  BY solving rather than resolving them.

But then again, that's what the USA did when they invaded Iraq.

They raise hell when some nation trades with Iran, but then think nothing of invading a country, killing it's people & stealing its oil.

If there's anyone who should be put on trial and detained for what he did it's the motherfucker George E Bush & his henchmen Dick Cheney.

Bricktop was right. George E Bush is a criminal who has never been held accountable for his crimes.

What a double standard the US sets for itself & to the rest of the world.

They're hypocrites

Gaon

Canada has an extradition treaty with the United States. Both countries have an independent judiciary. Simple
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Canada has an extradition treaty with the United States. Both countries have an independent judiciary. Simple

I posted this on the first page of this thread, but JOE didn't read it.

:001_rolleyes:

It seems unbelievable to Chinese that both the USA and Canada have independent judiciaries..

They can't conceive that neither Justin Trudeau nor Donald Trump can call a judge and get the charges dropped..

That's how it works in China which has the rule of man instead of the rule of law.

The Huawei CFO is entitled to fair and due process free of political interference in Canada and the USA..

China has no concept of that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Gaon"Canada has an extradition treaty with the United States. Both countries have an independent judiciary. Simple

It seems unbelievable to Chinese that both the USA and Canada have independent judiciaries..

They can't conceive that neither Justin Trudeau nor Donald Trump can call a judge and get the charges dropped..

That's how it works in China which has the rule of man instead of the rule of law.

The Huawei CFO is entitled to fair and due process free of political interference in Canada and the USA..

Ignoring what people say is a common trait among sixty year old virgins.

JOE

Well if this case is so clear cut and dry like you & Gaon claim, then why didnt other nations or trading blocs like Europe, Australia or Japan with concerns about Huawei arrest Meng? You know why? Cuz they would have told America to get stuffed. Ie - Europe 's largest teading partner is China, not America. And they likely realized the repercussions of arresting her.

And plus what does Canada have to show for doing America's bidding? 2 of our diplomats now being detained in China. China is angry at Canada. Was it worth it? We look like the USA's lackey.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"

Well if this case is so clear cut and dry like you & Gaon claim, then why didnt other nations or trading blocs like Europe, Australia or Japan with concerns about Huawei arrest Meng? You know why? Cuz they would have told America to get stuffed. Ie - Europe 's largest teading partner is China, not America. And they likely realized the repercussions of arresting her.

And plus what does Canada have to show for doing America's bidding? 2 of our diplomats now being detained in China. China is angry at Canada. Was it worth it? We look like the USA's lackey.

As for evidence, that's what will come out in hearings, and a trial if goes that far....due process..

As for bidding, I've told you more than once that the USA and Canada both have independent judiciaries and the rule of law plus a reciprocal extradition treaty..

China does not have an independent judiciary nor the rule of law...they can kidnap any foreign national or citizen they wish for any reason they choose.

Anonymous

As for evidence, that's what will come out in hearings, and a trial if goes that far....due process..

As for bidding, I've told you more than once that the USA and Canada both have independent judiciaries and the rule of law plus a reciprocal extradition treaty..

China does not have an independent judiciary nor the rule of law...they can kidnap any foreign national or citizen they wish for any reason they choose.

And as I told you, ignoring what people say is a common trait among sixty year old virgins.

cc

Quotethey can kidnap any foreign national or citizen they wish for any reason they choose.

Thanks. That completes my Christmas gift list.

I will be gifting JoJo a ticket to Beijing for Christmas

JOE

Anyways Fashionista here's one opinion that America's claims of Meng's criminality are murky at best.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-columnists/2018/12/19/canadas-huawei-arrest-lending-support-to-rogue-us-behaviour.html">https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-co ... viour.html">https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-columnists/2018/12/19/canadas-huawei-arrest-lending-support-to-rogue-us-behaviour.html

Also, your conention that Trump had nothing to do with her arrest makes me question why Trump would offer to 'intervene' on Meng's behalf to secure her release. If the US Justice Department & the Trump administration are not colluding or are independent, then why is he offering to 'help'?  

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-trumps-willingness-to-intervene-in-huawei-cfos-detention-puts-canada/">https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politic ... ts-canada/">https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-trumps-willingness-to-intervene-in-huawei-cfos-detention-puts-canada/

And if he is, has Trump violated the democratic rule of law by intervening in a supposedly 'independent ' judicial process'?

Anonymous

Editorials have no effect on the American or Canadian justice system.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Editorials have no effect on the American or Canadian justice system.

Why do you even bother responding to the sixty year virgin attention whore.