Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Another visitor

Started by Bricktop, December 31, 2018, 08:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Mainly on the east coast around to south east coastline as far as South Australia.

Not in the north or west, or Tasmania. It is believed they were hunted to extinction in Tasmania.

Kangaroo Island has a concentrated population that the Government intended to cull until the people said "no".

They only eat certain gum leaves...and those gums don't grow in most of Australia.

I never saw a koala in the wild, so to speak, until I was 40 odd. Certainly saw none as a kid.

We live in the hills surrounding Adelaide, where they are most common here in South Australia. Its cool to see them so close to suburbs.

Their numbers are doing well.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Mainly on the east coast around to south east coastline as far as South Australia.

Not in the north or west, or Tasmania. It is believed they were hunted to extinction in Tasmania.

Kangaroo Island has a concentrated population that the Government intended to cull until the people said "no".

They only eat certain gum leaves...and those gums don't grow in most of Australia.

I never saw a koala in the wild, so to speak, until I was 40 odd. Certainly saw none as a kid.

We live in the hills surrounding Adelaide, where they are most common here in South Australia. Its cool to see them so close to suburbs.

I thought they ate eucalyptus leaves.

Gum trees are eucalyptus. It's just easier to say "gum".

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I thought they ate eucalyptus leaves.

Gum trees are eucalyptus. It's just easier to say "gum".

Oh, I see, thank you Bricktop.

Frood

There are 700+ Eucalypt species in Australia but Koalas only eat from a few of them and it's regionally dependent. They also mix it up a bit with non eucalypts too. They're picky eaters.
Blahhhhhh...