Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Guns are good.

Started by Bricktop, January 05, 2019, 07:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Bricktop likes to pontificate why we boys and girls shouldn't have guns.

But then he doesn't tell us what we should do to protect ourselves against a vicious assailant when there are no police around to protect us.

What should we do in that case, BT?

Please advise

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"So you left as a protest?

That rather seems like leaving a movie because you don't like the colour of the seats.

We emigrated not for ourselves, but for our daughter. It's a sacrifice, but if things get ugly back home she won't be caught in the middle of it.

Israel allows dual citizenship, so even after obtaining Canadian citizenship we can always return home and pick up where we left off.

But, you know yourself once you buy a home and your daughter becomes Canadianized you will not return..

My father always thought we would return to  Taiwan once the political situation changed, but we never did.

Zetsu

Quote from: "JOE"Bricktop likes to pontificate why we boys and girls shouldn't have guns.

But then he doesn't tell us what we should do to protect ourselves against a vicious assailant when there are no police around to protect us.

Please advise

Try not to carry so much cash with you if you're planning to go to getto places, just give them the cash, if you're not there to protect others on a daily basis then it's obvious you don't need one else you'll just get other innocents killed b/c of the laws you try to adjust to suit your needs.
Permanently off his rocker

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Cowardice.

Lol I'm not the pussy that isn't a cop but still needs a gun.
Permanently off his rocker

Odinson

I´m not a pussy..

I just like the idea of having an ace up my sleeve.

Like when I go gathering berries.. I like carrying my Winchester with me incase of bears or wolves.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I´m not a pussy..

Like when I go gathering berries.. I like carrying my Winchester with me incase of bears or wolves.

Wolves don't attack people..

I don't know about Finland, but you can buy bear spray here in sporting goods stores.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Wolves don't attack people..

I don't know about Finland, but you can buy bear spray here in sporting goods stores.

They cower away in most cases... Just like bears..

But sometimes they do attack..

Especially the young ones who dont know better..

I dont like the idea of being equipped with a can of spray against a 10 foot bear.

Bricktop

Quote from: "JOE"Bricktop likes to pontificate why we boys and girls shouldn't have guns.

Please advise

How often do you get attacked by a "vicious assailant"? And I don't mean those women you try to seduce with money.

Your scenario presumes more than it appears. By your logic, you would be carrying a firearm with you when out in the public. Thus, every other citizen would be permitted to carry a firearm. That means that your community would be, like America, awash with guns. THAT means that a certain amount of guns will be possessed by criminals, because we know there is an overflow from legal ownership into the hands of people with no lawful right of possession.

This then implies that if, in your community, it is widely known that people carry a firearm, any "vicious assailant" will not attack unless he or she is armed as well. Thus, the chances of someone dying in the commission of vicious assaults increases.

Given that the perpetrator is hardly likely to stick his gun in an ankle holster in case he might need it, and is more likely to stick his piece in your face demanding you hand over your Seiko and the $30 in your wallet, you are more likely to piss your pants and cry like a baby than make a move. Of course, I might be wrong and you'll go for your piece, and the shooting starts. The only problem is that the mother and child in a pusher nearby are caught in a crossfire...and the baby suddenly stops crying.

In the meantime, the number of innocent people being killed by gunfire rises exponentially, et voila, you're one step closer to being American.

Hand over your $99 Seiko and chump change, Joe, and let the police deal with it.

You and a car perturb me enough. You and a gun is positively terrifying.

Bricktop

Here's a wild idea.

Don't gather berries where bears live.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Here's a wild idea.

Which is... Everywhere...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Bricktop"

Here's a wild idea.

Which is... Everywhere...

Bricktop can't relate..

There are lots of bears in Canada and Finland..

None at all in Australia.

Bricktop

Nah...all our critters are sweet, friendly, cuddly and tame...

:001_rolleyes:

I don't relate to bears, it's true.

However, we do have more things that kill you than you do. And the general principle of co-habiting with these critters is to stay well away from where they live. If you happen to have to be in their environment, take appropriate safety precautions (which rarely include carrying a gun). For example, don't fish where salties are known to lurk. If you must go in areas that MIGHT have a saltie around, stay away from the waters edge.

Likewise, be aware of ocean areas where sharks are known to feed, which in our case is pretty much all of it.

And always wear a helmet in forested areas, in case of drop bears.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"So you left as a protest?

That rather seems like leaving a movie because you don't like the colour of the seats.

We emigrated not for ourselves, but for our daughter. It's a sacrifice, but if things get ugly back home she won't be caught in the middle of it.

Israel allows dual citizenship, so even after obtaining Canadian citizenship we can always return home and pick up where we left off.

But, you know yourself once you buy a home and your daughter becomes Canadianized you will not return..

My father always thought we would return to  Taiwan once the political situation changed, but we never did.

The longer we stay, the harder it will be to return.
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"Nah...all our critters are sweet, friendly, cuddly and tame...

:001_rolleyes:

I don't relate to bears, it's true.

However, we do have more things that kill you than you do. And the general principle of co-habiting with these critters is to stay well away from where they live. If you happen to have to be in their environment, take appropriate safety precautions (which rarely include carrying a gun). For example, don't fish where salties are known to lurk. If you must go in areas that MIGHT have a saltie around, stay away from the waters edge.

Likewise, be aware of ocean areas where sharks are known to feed, which in our case is pretty much all of it.

And always wear a helmet in forested areas, in case of drop bears.

Your big critters are contained.. They only live in certain areas.

And the snakes can be killed with a stick.