The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The first steps of the internet...

Started by Bricktop, January 06, 2019, 08:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"About 1993, if I call correctly.

When they tested the new connection, I got 1Mb in around 10 seconds, and thought it was magical.

This connection downloads a movie 5mb/s..

3 mins and 20secs for a movie thats 1gt size.

Is this connection bad?

I haven't downloaded a movie in a while.

I still download some movies and TV-series..

I got a letter from a legal office demanding me to pay a sum to them or they will sue me for downloading pirated movies.

Are you serious Odi?

I thought only the USA did that.

Bricktop

It's a bluff.

For them to actually impose that payment, they must still comply with the law...which demands that they must prove that the person they are demanding from was the actual person that activated the download.

To do this, they must either have a camera installed in your home to monitor you...or in the real world, you must admit that it was you that activated the download. The fact that you are the consignee of the internet service is insufficient at law to make a case for compensation.

So, do not respond. Do not converse with anyone purporting to be an agent of the claimant. You are under NO legal obligation to answer any questions, or indeed communicate with them at any level. Without your admission, there is no case for prosecution of the claim.

They tried that on in Australia...sending out letters asking questions, and insisting that the questions must be answered or else.

The government told them to cease and desist unless they possess actual evidence that the person they wish to claim from committed the actual download.

That was the end of that.

Odinson

When they tested the new connection, I got 1Mb in around 10 seconds, and thought it was magical.

Is this connection bad?

I got a letter from a legal office demanding me to pay a sum to them or they will sue me for downloading pirated movies.

Are you serious Odi?

They do that a lot in europe..

60000 letters sent to people in Finland alone..

They managed to win one case and now they threaten everybody with that..

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's a bluff.

For them to actually impose that payment, they must still comply with the law...which demands that they must prove that the person they are demanding from was the actual person that activated the download.

To do this, they must either have a camera installed in your home to monitor you...or in the real world, you must admit that it was you that activated the download. The fact that you are the consignee of the internet service is insufficient at law to make a case for compensation.

So, do not respond. Do not converse with anyone purporting to be an agent of the claimant. You are under NO legal obligation to answer any questions, or indeed communicate with them at any level. Without your admission, there is no case for prosecution of the claim.

They tried that on in Australia...sending out letters asking questions, and insisting that the questions must be answered or else.

The government told them to cease and desist unless they possess actual evidence that the person they wish to claim from committed the actual download.

That was the end of that.

I figured that they cant prove anything..

I havent answered any of the SEVEN LETTERs they have sent me.

On top of everything... The bill is not in proper form..

You have to specify where the sum is coming from..

They are just demanding some random sum and I´d be a fool to pay it.

Bricktop

Exactly.

Just file their letters in the appropriate waste basket.

Blurt

Berry,

I've used both cheap ass photo editing software like Picasa and expensive software suites like Adobe's Creative Suite components (which include PhotoShop, Premiere, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver, among others).

A happy medium (and the only one I've used over the past few years) is Paint.net, out of the University of Wisconsin. It's a fully-featured photo editor operating under a GNU public license so it's free. Best of all, there's a community of users who create and make available a plethora of plug-ins for download. These plug-ins are optional modules that give you access to a rich variety of filters and effects. Totally worth it.

While there is a bit of a learning curve, it's not steep at all. Best of all, the program is regularly updated. Second best of all, it's not bloatware like the Adobe crap that makes so many modifications to your system files and connectivity protocols just to avoid software piracy.

If you search for Paint.net on Google, use the terms "paint dot net" or you're liable to get a whole bunch of results that have nothing to with the program.

Good luck.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Is this connection bad?

Are you serious Odi?

:ohmy:

Odinson

Is this connection bad?

Are you serious Odi?

:ohmy:

The fool posted his personal info on a forum and admitted everything..

I dont think that is enough though for a solid case because some1 else might be posting that stuff..

The legal office was able to build a solid case somehow through confession..

Bricktop

Confession is the only way they can prove liability.

Say nothing. NOTHING. Don't answer letters, do not speak to any of their agents, do not discuss the issue with anyone.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Confession is the only way they can prove liability.

Say nothing. NOTHING. Don't answer letters, do not speak to any of their agents, do not discuss the issue with anyone.

That's what i do when dealing with the cops. ac_drinks

Bricktop

No, wait...that's different...

Just say "I confess". It will go easier on you.

Frood

Buy a cheap monthly VPN subscription, Odi. Most of the good downloading sites are blocked by Australian court orders so we just go around them. I pay 2 bucks a month for the one on my phone and can cast them to the big screen or transfer with a usb adaptor for the library.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"No, wait...that's different...

Just say "I confess". It will go easier on you.

Never talk to the police or invite them into your home or vehicle. Be polite but firm. They're not there to help you.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Frood

To be inefficient, harrass, revenue collect, and pretend to maintain a semblance of order in a world that can and does turn on its head at a drop of a pelican poo.
Blahhhhhh...