Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Internet connectivity...1994.

Started by Bricktop, January 08, 2019, 06:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"According to my DNA tests, Finnish is the most prominent nationality in my DNA. I am aware of DNA matches in Sweden and Belorussia.

It is??

Bricktop

Yes.

Around 20,000 people in Finland share my DNA.

That doesn't mean I have family there, only that at some point a distant male ancestor was a Suomi.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"According to my DNA tests, Finnish is the most prominent nationality in my DNA. I am aware of DNA matches in Sweden and Belorussia.

We are genetically related to lots of people in the baltic and eastern-european regions.

The mother of all plans is to join all finnish tribes together..

To annex Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Russia to the urals, parts of Norway, parts of Sweden..

That was the dream of our leaders during WW2.

Zetsu

Lol all those useless piece of junk
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

And all the devices we use today will be junk in 5 years...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"And all the devices we use today will be junk in 5 years...

Furniture too, it's not lasting as long as it used to.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"And all the devices we use today will be junk in 5 years...

Actually, for the money, stuff lasts longer today than it did 30 odd years ago.

Manufacturing technologies have improved and synthetic materials are of much better quality.

At the cheap end of the market, such as Ikea, you cannot deny that it's good value for the money.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Manufacturing technologies have improved and synthetic materials are of much better quality.

At the cheap end of the market, such as Ikea, you cannot deny that it's good value for the money.

We bought a leather reclining couch two years ago and it's falling apart..

It wasn't a cheap couch either.

Bricktop

Hmmm...I guess there are still scam manufacturers out there.

JOE

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Really?

You musta bought some pretty cheap furniture back then, BT.

Most of the furniture I see now is so cheap.

And its expensive too.

Office Depot a lotta that made in China chit is so chesp looking and breaks after a couple if uses.

Actually sales of 'vintage ' furniture is booming in Vancouver because the buyer knows they are getting a quality piece of furniture made outta real materials like solid wood, real fabric & steel.

Now its just cheap prefab shit.

Everyone knows the antique stuff was better

Thats why they are still buying it in Vancouver

Gaon

We bought some second hand furniture when we arrived in Canada. It was cheap and was not too ugly. We bought new furniture recently from the Brick, Furniture Land and Walmart. We have no complaints so far.
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

I like fabric/textile couch´s and chairs..

Leather sticks to my ass..

cc

Thought I had posted this - but might have closed browser too soon - if repeat, pls forgive me

30 yrs ago mate and I combined the best of what we both had - mostly mine because I has been in the antique business prior to that and took advantage of good stuff for cheap while I could

We have some true antiques, some might not yet qualify officially - but all strong and good quality today

I have never shown much of my personal side,but could take some pics and try to get them onsite if anyone interested in that sort of stuff
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I like fabric/textile couch´s and chairs..

Leather sticks to my ass..

Once leather starts to go, it's gone quickly..

Our couch is only two years old and the leather is coming off.

Gaon

Quote from: "cc"Thought I had posted this - but might have closed browser too soon - if repeat, pls forgive me

30 yrs ago mate and I combined the best of what we both had - mostly mine because I has been in the antique business prior to that and took advantage of good stuff for cheap while I could

We have some true antiques, some might not yet qualify officially - but all strong and good quality today

I have never shown much of my personal side,but could take some pics and try to get them onsite if anyone interested in that sort of stuff

I'd appreciate seeing that cc. :thumbup:
The Russian Rock It